And that was that

Chat about anything football related here!
tassiehammer

Re: And that was that

Post by tassiehammer »

h69 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:06 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:06 pm For a so called “flair “ player I don’t think I’ve seen anyone give away or lose the ball so fucking much.
Lanzini may run him close. Lightweight and gives the ball away far too much.

Anyway, with all these flair players not getting in the side I guess we will have to put up with the dourness exemplified by the 7 goals we have scored in the last two games and actually moreover the number of goals we have scored since Lockdown.
Should have kept Anderson and Lanzini in the side together.
Then we'd have a pair of flairs. Boom boom.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:08 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:06 am

Lanzini may run him close. Lightweight and gives the ball away far too much.

Anyway, with all these flair players not getting in the side I guess we will have to put up with the dourness exemplified by the 7 goals we have scored in the last two games and actually moreover the number of goals we have scored since Lockdown.
Too many flair players doesnt work. There is a reason Antonio/Bowen/Fornals in the leagye were more effective than Haller/Anderson/Yarmoleno/Lanzini in tje cup

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

thomasswe wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:12 am

Too many flair players doesnt work. There is a reason Antonio/Bowen/Fornals in the leagye were more effective than Haller/Anderson/Yarmoleno/Lanzini in tje cup
But they work if you have dodgy shoes on and you want to cover them up. :)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:09 am

:lol: You can take the boy out of Stratford ....
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:09 am

Didn't we have to wear those fucking great platform shoe things to complement the flairs ? And this is another thread that makes we realise I'm getting bloody old.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Bowen and Fornals may be hard working grafters , but they still have the ability to entertain us with their talent/ability , even Antonio can do that surprisingly .

Flair - "A natural talent for the creative and occasional unpredictability. A player with a lot of flair will be one of the key attacking components in any team but at the same time may need tactical restraint to get the best out of him. Flair and Creativity work well together ".

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Clayton wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:43 am

Bowen and Fornals may be hard working grafters , but they still have the ability to entertain us with their talent/ability , even Antonio can do that surprisingly .

Flair - "A natural talent for the creative and occasional unpredictability. A player with a lot of flair will be one of the key attacking components in any team but at the same time may need tactical restraint to get the best out of him. Flair and Creativity work well together ".
C'mon clay we're talking flairs. Ding dong? Bell bottoms? Get hip man!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

tassiehammer wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:59 am
Clayton wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:43 am

C'mon clay we're talking flairs. Ding dong? Bell bottoms? Get hip man!!
Well if that is the case , lets spell it right then dude " Flares " , I can remember the days of cutting a V shape piece of material about 15" long out of my blue corduroy trouser legs and sewing in a piece of very fashionable shiny patterned material in both legs , those were the days . finished off with my two tone platform shoes all dressed up for a very good night out , mate .

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

You lost me.. im either too young or too swedish to understand any of the last 5 references..

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

thomasswe wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:08 am You lost me.. im either too young or too swedish to understand any of the last 5 references..
Back in the 70s if one wanted to appear fashionable one had to wear hideous trousers known as "flairs". These were usually accompanied by equally hideous footwear known as "platform shoes". I am too ashamed to post any pictures of me wearing that sort of crap although , unfortunately, confirm that some do exist. There are plenty of pictures on the web Tom. You Swedes obviously live very sheltered lives. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?