And that was that

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: And that was that

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

h69 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:06 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:06 pm For a so called “flair “ player I don’t think I’ve seen anyone give away or lose the ball so fucking much.
Lanzini may run him close. Lightweight and gives the ball away far too much.

Anyway, with all these flair players not getting in the side I guess we will have to put up with the dourness exemplified by the 7 goals we have scored in the last two games and actually moreover the number of goals we have scored since Lockdown.
Ah yes our other tricky ,skilful South American wizard

Your right it’s a burden we will have to put up with.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

h69 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:06 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:06 pm For a so called “flair “ player I don’t think I’ve seen anyone give away or lose the ball so fucking much.
Lanzini may run him close. Lightweight and gives the ball away far too much.

Anyway, with all these flair players not getting in the side I guess we will have to put up with the dourness exemplified by the 7 goals we have scored in the last two games and actually moreover the number of goals we have scored since Lockdown.
It`s true though,without the so called skillful players,we have banged in a lot more goals.One thing you can say about Moyes,is the work rate has gone up 100%..Teams are no longer walking through us,like they did before,though Soucek and Bowen have helped achieve this with their workrate.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I believe that we still have until Friday to sign players from the Championship. Rumours abound about the likes of Josh King and Craig Dawson.
Flairon

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Of course we have scored more goals. Has no one been listening for the last 4 years. Take slow coaches out of your midfield and attack with pace and you will always be dangerous and have a chance of scoring even with limited possession. And if we had a proper midfield against Everton that would have been a lot closer even with our "flair" players.

h69

Post by h69 »

Shortshanks wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:29 am Of course we have scored more goals. Has no one been listening for the last 4 years. Take slow coaches out of your midfield and attack with pace and you will always be dangerous and have a chance of scoring even with limited possession. And if we had a proper midfield against Everton that would have been a lot closer even with our "flair" players.
Unfortunately it is our flair players who cant seem to run at defenses consistently enough.
I agree though that pace and power are what work in the PL. It is why Antonio and Arnie have thrived in the PL and why Haller (yes and Noble now too ;) ) struggles.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Haller didn't struggle in the Bundesliga although I agree he looks a bit slow. But don't judge any player that has to put up with poor old Nobes (who has struggled for years not just recently) in midfield and that's just an honest assessment and NOTHING will change until we get a manager who has the balls to rectify it instead of going along with the owners con job.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Shortshanks wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:41 am Haller didn't struggle in the Bundesliga although I agree he looks a bit slow. But don't judge any player that has to put up with poor old Nobes (who has struggled for years not just recently) in midfield and that's just an honest assessment and NOTHING will change until we get a manager who has the balls to rectify it instead of going along with the owners con job.
Haller has quality but he isnt near as mobile as Antonio (who is?) Haller can shine in and around the box and Antonio is everywhere. It's a shame we cant use both at the same time as that would leave us too short in midfield.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

thomasswe wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:55 am
Shortshanks wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:41 am Haller didn't struggle in the Bundesliga although I agree he looks a bit slow. But don't judge any player that has to put up with poor old Nobes (who has struggled for years not just recently) in midfield and that's just an honest assessment and NOTHING will change until we get a manager who has the balls to rectify it instead of going along with the owners con job.
Haller has quality but he isnt near as mobile as Antonio (who is?) Haller can shine in and around the box and Antonio is everywhere. It's a shame we cant use both at the same time as that would leave us too short in midfield.
We CAN use them both though . The midfield is fine without Noble .
It just requires a LB that can defend so that we can play a back FOUR .’

Which brings us back to the owners... :roll:
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:25 am
thomasswe wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:55 am

I think a back 3 system suits us much better tbh. In fact I think a back 3 suits most teams better than a flat back 4.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:54 am
Newmarket wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:25 am

I think a back 3 system suits us much better tbh. In fact I think a back 3 suits most teams better than a flat back 4.
I agree, for whetver reason the double left back with Ceesswell/Masuaku works, it actually did under Moyes previous spell too. And it allows Fonals to drift centrally and he has been instrumental in out last 2 wins.