Josh Cullen

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Josh Cullen

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:43 am
Olas1 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:28 am Whilst I don’t expect a similar backlash to the sale of Diangana, I don’t see why we sold Cullen. We have lost cover in central midfield and have not bought a replacement. Ironically the fee received from Anderlecht covers Wilsheres pay out!??
Cullen was a fan favourite at Bradford City and Charlton during his loan spells there, and impressed enough to earn international call ups for Republic of Ireland.
In his recent cup game v Charlton he impressed, and whilst one game doesn’t maketh a player did enough so suggest he could be player worth keeping. In particular his age and his wages were a no brainer!
Clearly the coaching staff don’t believe he can cut it at a top level and for those of you old enough to remember I liken him to another ex West Ham player, Matt Holland who forged a successful career elsewhere and also made over 49 appearances for Rep of Ireland!
I wish Cullen all the best at his new club, I think this one will come back to bite us... yet Moyes knows better...
The fee from Anderlect is 800k (with possible additions) whereas JWs contract termination was 80% which is £3.75M

So even when the club offload a useless employee and earn money from a sale of a fringe player, they still manage to make a 400% loss on the deals.

It takes a special type of talent to do that and you can tell our owner is completely self taught...
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
COYI!!!

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Clayton wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:53 am
thomasswe wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:40 am

I can see Snodgrass still having an impact. Just not at DCM.. but have him as cover in Fornals position and im sure he'd chip in with assists and goals.

Noble? I don't know. I see him more as a squad leader rather than player at this point.
Well let's hope Fornal's never gets an injury if you think Snodgrass is capable of doing what Fornal's does in matches . I would sooner use Masuaku further forward and put Johnson at LWB .
I think he would get goals and assists yes. I never said he would be able to do the same thing just as a useful replacement somewhere in attacking midfield.

Just dont deploy him at CDM

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

thomasswe wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:43 pm
Clayton wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:53 am

Well let's hope Fornal's never gets an injury if you think Snodgrass is capable of doing what Fornal's does in matches . I would sooner use Masuaku further forward and put Johnson at LWB .
I think he would get goals and assists yes. I never said he would be able to do the same thing just as a useful replacement somewhere in attacking midfield.

Just dont deploy him at CDM
So Thomas if Snodgrass isn't capable of doing the work that Fornals does how would he fit into the system as a attacking midfielder ? , our attacking midfielders are on the pitch to press and work hard in covering the WB's . In attack Bowen uses his pace to get in to support Antonio while Fornals will fall into a number ten role or get into the box , Cannot see Snodgrass being capable of doing that for 90 minutes , you were the one who said he was capable of covering for Fornals if he got a injury mate .

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:13 am
Olas1 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:28 am Whilst I don’t expect a similar backlash to the sale of Diangana, I don’t see why we sold Cullen. We have lost cover in central midfield and have not bought a replacement. Ironically the fee received from Anderlecht covers Wilsheres pay out!??
Cullen was a fan favourite at Bradford City and Charlton during his loan spells there, and impressed enough to earn international call ups for Republic of Ireland.
In his recent cup game v Charlton he impressed, and whilst one game doesn’t maketh a player did enough so suggest he could be player worth keeping. In particular his age and his wages were a no brainer!
Clearly the coaching staff don’t believe he can cut it at a top level and for those of you old enough to remember I liken him to another ex West Ham player, Matt Holland who forged a successful career elsewhere and also made over 49 appearances for Rep of Ireland!
I wish Cullen all the best at his new club, I think this one will come back to bite us... yet Moyes knows better...
I can understand Moyes letting him leave , obviously he doesn't rate him , otherwise I am pretty sure Moye's would have used him in the Cup match against Everton . And Moyes must think he has sufficient cover in the squad 😕😕😕 otherwise he still wouldn't be after a CB in the transfer window .
Personally I liked what I saw of the lad a couple of seasons ago but he just hasn't progressed enough in my eyes to make it at this level , but I still think he could have done a job for us coming off the bench , especially as we have not brought in any cover for our midfield .
Agree. I thought he would be better but at 24, clearly not enough. Some just dont make that step up. I was sure Samuelson and Browne were going to make it as well until they went on loan .

Shows how shit u23 football is.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Never broke into the side even at his age ,best for all to go to pastures new
No one will even notice this departure.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:12 pm Never broke into the side even at his age ,best for all to go to pastures new
Until Rice &/or Soucek get injured and are replaced by Noble.
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:12 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:12 pm Never broke into the side even at his age ,best for all to go to pastures new
Until Rice &/or Soucek get injured and are replaced by Noble.
That’s always been the way anyway lucky both are not too injury prone.

whu

Post by whu »

stupid fucking sale. better than he is being given credit for. we have a very small squad. on the upside, pays bench-warming hallers wages for 7 weeks.

unambitious, money skimming, cunts.

good luck josh. better off out of here until change comes.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Didn't see that much of him but struck me as one of those "busy little players" who aren't quite up to PL standard. Having said that I agree with the comments that I would rather see him come on instead of someone else. What I saw the last 5 mins against Leicester put the fear of god into me. Another 10 mins and I think that game would have been lost.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:32 pm Didn't see that much of him but struck me as one of those "busy little players" who aren't quite up to PL standard. Having said that I agree with the comments that I would rather see him come on instead of someone else. What I saw the last 5 mins against Leicester put the fear of god into me. Another 10 mins and I think that game would have been lost.
Agree with that. Runs around a lot, waves his arms a lot, shouts a lot but that end product ?

If there was ever going to be an end product it would have shown itself before he reached 24 wouldn't it ?

BTW does that summing up of him remind--------oh, never mind.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?