Balbuena

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Balbuena

Post by Newmarket »

9898 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:15 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:43 am personally think he has returned to his best form and looked really solid on sunday, he's clearly not quick but has a great reading of the game and like declan gets in the right position. He lost his confidence this year but maybe an extended run will be like having a new signing....which doesnt make up for ...not having a new signing.

Him and Oggy in 2 games have looked a very solid partnership.

As has been mentioned we are however an injury ( or 2) away from disaster.

nice to go into an international break with a positive feeling but equally apprehensive about a sluggish return. Life of a Fan eh?
Looks slow as Noble.
Get's away with it as we play a ten man defence out of possession.
In a 'normal' team/line up he would get destroyed.
You maybe right but you’re forgetting that with our owners and in particular DinoMoyes we will never be a “normal” team.
Ok he had a dodgy time last season , fuck me they all did at some time or another, but be honest the General’s done ok recently.

There are players in that team that deserve their place less.
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:24 pm

Looks slow as Noble.
You maybe right but you’re forgetting that with our owners and in particular DinoMoyes we will never be a “normal” team.
Ok he had a dodgy time last season , fuck me they all did at some time or another, but be honest the General’s done ok recently.

One of the two games I went to last season was the cup game against West Brom.

Balbuena gave the most abysmal performance I've seen from a West Ham defender, ever.

But he's been solid since he returned this time round so hopefully it was just one of those things.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Looks slow as Noble.

Who doesn’t deserve their place in the team? This team has done well in last 3 league games. I wouldn’t change it until someone is injured or work-rate drops.

Now if you talking about a different approach to games that is a different matter...

But let’s face it under Moyesasauras that won’t change.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:58 pm

Who doesn’t deserve their place in the team? This team has done well in last 3 league games. I wouldn’t change it until someone is injured or work-rate drops.

Now if you talking about a different approach to games that is a different matter...

goodpost:)

Our system will get sussed out soon enough and then we'll have to tinker around with it. But at the moment it's working., so leave well alone imo. Problem is two of our next matches ara against teams managed by Mourinho and Guardiola and they will respond quicker than Brenda did last Sunday if things aren't working for them.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Yeah I didn’t put that very well did I .

What I meant was when it goes bandy there will be players either left in the team or brought in to make things worse.

For now the General is doing ok and deserves his share of credit however I’m betting (metaphorically) he’s one of the scapegoats when it happens .
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:36 am

What I meant was when it goes bandy there will be players either left in the team or brought in to make things worse.

For now the General is doing ok and deserves his share of credit however I’m betting (metaphorically) he’s one of the scapegoats when it happens .
Defenders often are but he was bloody good when he first came and then started to stutter when he became a regular fixture. The same can be said of Diop and Ogbonna to be honest so keep him in the side but if he starts playing poorly, bring back Diop who always seemed to look better when he had a rest anyway. Keep it competitive and maybe have Alese as the fourth CB and it motivates them into performing better.

And no, I'm not calling anyone lazy but simple psychology and human nature tells you that if you are assured of a place you take your foot off the gas ever so slightly and in the Prem that gets punished.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:59 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:36 am

Defenders often are but he was bloody good when he first came and then started to stutter when he became a regular fixture. The same can be said of Diop and Ogbonna to be honest so keep him in the side but if he starts playing poorly, bring back Diop who always seemed to look better when he had a rest anyway. Keep it competitive and maybe have Alese as the fourth CB and it motivates them into performing better.

And no, I'm not calling anyone lazy but simple psychology and human nature tells you that if you are assured of a place you take your foot off the gas ever so slightly and in the Prem that gets punished.
Can I suggest we judge our central defenders when Coufal has bedded in properly, after an impressive debut, which means they will not have to worry about the lack of defensive nous on one side of the back four at least.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?