Masuaku Injured

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Masuaku Injured

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:40 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:15 pm

Agree with that. The Everton game was an ideal opportunity to assess kids like Ashby and Alese against proper opposition, as opposed to league One shooting practice opposition. Why pick those squad players everyone, including the management team, knows aren't good enough to be first choices. We know everything we need to know about them but the younger alternatives remain untested.
We all know them reasons why?..Our fantastic owner went on Talksport and told the nation that.

Night Whiskyman.
I don’t recall Sullivan referring to anything mentioned in this thread Tegs ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:35 am

We all know them reasons why?..Our fantastic owner went on Talksport and told the nation that.

Night Whiskyman.
I haven't heard our glorious leader's broadcast so I haven't a clue what, if anything, he said about young players.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:17 am

I haven't heard our glorious leader's broadcast so I haven't a clue what, if anything, he said about young players.
It was David Moyes who was quoted as saying he loves to promote young talent and actively seeks to use the clubs development products in tandem with his philosophy in discovering young talents from the lower leagues.

You only have to look at Grady Diangana and Craig Dawson to know he means it...

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:43 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:01 pm

Not everyone is shitting themselves, we have plenty of options and a few very decent youngsters

More an indictment on the fans that they moan when we might have to use a young player and moan when we don't. :lol:
So who are these options , Cresswell isn't up to playing as a WB not even sure he is up to playing as a LB , and as far as the very decent youngsters go .
Are these youngsters the ones Moyes was hesitant in giving game time preseason and in the cup ? , Coventry got a game out at RB , don't actually remember him getting a start in midfield . Where were Ashby and Longelo in the Everton cup game ? . Why hasn't Alese been given game time ? . Why was Noble brought on in our last match on the 88 minute , you think Moyes is going to play youngsters ? .
If you read further up, I mentioned that I don't see why Johnson cannot play on the left. He has done so before and can do so again.....or is he not young enough for you ? :roll:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Night Whiskyman.
:lol: :lol:

Hey Tim,if you are anything like me,you will forget anything from 5 minutes ago,but remember exactly what you were doing 40 years ago. :? :D

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:31 am

It was David Moyes who was quoted as saying he loves to promote young talent and actively seeks to use the clubs development products in tandem with his philosophy in discovering young talents from the lower leagues.

You forgot to mention in the Red Bull Model , BD ? After all Moyes still has Diop to come back , and Alese , Cardoso and maybe Baptiste could be encouraged to play for the 1st team I should think , would prefer to see them get time on the pitch then some client of Salthouse .
We could use Coventry as backup for Rice ( though not sure that will happen when we still have the likes of Noble and Snodgrass ) , lets not forget Coventry was used preseason , as a RB :? :? :? , then we have Ashby who looked outstanding . Even Longelo looked to have ability on the left .
Then we have what many are saying is a very good prospect in the Ademipo Odubeko , the highly-rated young striker .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:10 am

You forgot to mention in the Red Bull Model , BD ? After all Moyes still has Diop to come back , and Alese , Cardoso and maybe Baptiste could be encouraged to play for the 1st team I should think , would prefer to see them get time on the pitch then some client of Salthouse .
We could use Coventry as backup for Rice ( though not sure that will happen when we still have the likes of Noble and Snodgrass ) , lets not forget Coventry was used preseason , as a RB :? :? :? , then we have Ashby who looked outstanding . Even Longelo looked to have ability on the left .
Then we have what many are saying is a very good prospect in the Ademipo Odubeko , the highly-rated young striker .
Absolutely spot on. I would like someone from our coaching staff to explain the thinking behind throwing, say, Noble on for a 5 or 10 minute cameo when the game is already won, or for that matter, already lost. What is the advantage. Maybe they think there is but I'm buggered if I can see one. Unless it's contractual, something to do with appearance bonuses.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

h69 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:04 am
Clayton wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:43 pm

So who are these options , Cresswell isn't up to playing as a WB not even sure he is up to playing as a LB , and as far as the very decent youngsters go .
Are these youngsters the ones Moyes was hesitant in giving game time preseason and in the cup ? , Coventry got a game out at RB , don't actually remember him getting a start in midfield . Where were Ashby and Longelo in the Everton cup game ? . Why hasn't Alese been given game time ? . Why was Noble brought on in our last match on the 88 minute , you think Moyes is going to play youngsters ? .
If you read further up, I mentioned that I don't see why Johnson cannot play on the left. He has done so before and can do so again.....or is he not young enough for you ? :roll:
I agree Johnson is ideal on the left ( actually looked better there then on the right ) . The problem is we do not have backup who can play as a LB . And what is with the raised eyebrows as far as not being young enough , I also said in one of my earlier posts that Johnson capable of playing on the left , but what you do not appear to understand is who covers Johnson ( he is our only option that appears to be up to the job at LB ) Cresswell isn't good enough , Masuaku can't , so that leaves Longelo , who looked more a Wingback . Hope you can now understand where I am coming from , I hope I have explained it adequately :roll: .

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:22 am
h69 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:04 am

I agree Johnson is ideal on the left ( actually looked better there then on the right ) . The problem is we do not have backup who can play as a LB . And what is with the raised eyebrows as far as not being young enough , I also said in one of my earlier posts that Johnson capable of playing on the left , but what you do not appear to understand is who covers Johnson ( he is our only option that appears to be up to the job at LB ) Cresswell isn't good enough , Masuaku can't , so that leaves Longelo , who looked more a Wingback . Hope you can now understand where I am coming from , I hope I have explained it adequately :roll: .
You asked what are the options....Cresswell can play LB whatever you may think of him, Johnson and Masuaku can play WB. Both can play LB as well. Those are the options. Go younger if we need another. Yes, we dont have three or four players in every position but FFS, who does :roll:

h69

Post by h69 »

Yet he promoted youth into his Everton side by using older players as backup to mentor them. He clearly does not think Diangana is good enough and I have to agree.