Radical proposals for the reform of English football

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Radical proposals for the reform of English football

Post by terrya1965 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54499998

Typical bloody Yanks.

Thoughts on this

Newmarket

Re: Radical proposals for the reform of English football

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:26 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54499998

Typical bloody Yanks.

Thoughts on this
Ridiculous.
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

💰💷💶💴
COYI!!!

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

If this happened, our Premier League days will be numbered.

That all I can say.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Requires the clubs to vote it through. Which needs 14 of the 20 votes available. Turkeys and Christmas comes to mind. Won't happen.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

It will never get off the ground.

It just proves the greed of the 'big 6' to even suggest it.

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales »

EMail received by Hammers United from the FSA.

We have just released the following holding statement on behalf of the FSA:

"The Football Supporters' Association notes with grave concern today's press reports of proposals for a major restructure of the Premier League, with far-reaching consequences for the whole of domestic football.

Once again it appears that big decisions in football are apparently being stitched up behind our backs by billionaire club owners who continue to treat football as their personal fiefdom. Football is far more than a business to be carved up; it is part of our communities and our heritage, and football fans are its lifeblood. As football's most important stakeholders, it is crucial that fans are consulted and involved in the game's decision-making.

We have welcomed the government's commitment to a 'fan-led review of the governance of football'; we would argue that today's revelations have made that process even more relevant and urgent.

We will of course study the detail of the new proposals, we remain open-minded to any suggestions for the improvement of the governance and organisation of the game, whatever their source, and we will continue to engage constructively in all discussions around reform. We would however emphasise that in our discussions so far, very few of our members have ever expressed the view that what football really needs is a greater concentration of power in the hands of the big six billionaire-owned clubs"

Any assistance in spreading that word would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin Miles
Chief Executive

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Looks like they are hand picking teams and trying to buy votes. Well we all know Sullivan aint against a Bob or two. West Ham given special status, now that is open for interpretation. Special doesnt necessarily mean a good thing.

As i read i kept thinking of the so called Super League some so desperately want, then i came to the part where it suggested just that. If this goes through it will , imo have the opposite affect of its so called intentions. If it happened and it gave birth to the Super League, would the focus here then be more on football than on the money. Are the top nobs more worried about loss of revenue than football itself. I feel the former, and if we are honest with ourselves we also feel a little trepidation stepping back in time, though some of us would dearly like to.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:43 am Looks like they are hand picking teams and trying to buy votes. Well we all know Sullivan aint against a Bob or two. West Ham given special status, now that is open for interpretation. Special doesnt necessarily mean a good thing.

As i read i kept thinking of the so called Super League some so desperately want, then i came to the part where it suggested just that. If this goes through it will , imo have the opposite affect of its so called intentions. If it happened and it gave birth to the Super League, would the focus here then be more on football than on the money. Are the top nobs more worried about loss of revenue than football itself. I feel the former, and if we are honest with ourselves we also feel a little trepidation stepping back in time, though some of us would dearly like to.
Martin Samuel sums it up in the Mail today.

Us, Everton and Southampton are just patsies. Any vote will need a 6 out of 9 majority. Meaning if the Big 6 vote for it, it happens.

It's a shameful power grab disguised as the saviour of the EFL. In the smaller details they want friendly matches time extended pre-season. Nothing to do with highly lucrative tours to Asia of course.

It MUST be shot down with those responsible for the plan held to account.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Sky have taken the story down from their website. Someone's not happy.
Edit to say it's back up...just had to get Klopps approval I guess :roll:
Last edited by Castiron on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.