Ben Rahma

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Ben Rahma

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:02 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:48 pm

Time will be the judge of this particular issue I think.
Of course. That's my point. Sometimes it needs a specific combination of player and club. Some you win and some you don't.

No point in slagging the guy off before he plays here. It happened with Bowen as well so I should not be surprised.
I am not particularly slagging Benrahma off but I am questioning, what appeared from his body language, and I readily admit it was seen through a TV screen, not up close and personal, his apparent lack of effort in the play offs. As I've said elsewhere even Lionel Messi can have a bad match but on the rare occasions it happens he still puts in the miles. At least the games I've watched.

I hope, if he joins us, Benrahma succeeds. However I have serious reservations whether he will. As I said time will prove me right or, hopefully, wrong. However I still feel the signing itself can be criticised in so far as we have replaced a 22 year old who, by all accounts, excelled in the Championship last season but hadn't proved himself in the Premier League with a 25 year old who apparently excelled in the Championship last season but has never played in a top division. And in doing so we have spent , if figures reported are to be believed, some £12 million more than we received. Which , given our supposed financial state, is difficult to comprehend.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

There is a fair bit of press reporting that David Moyes isn't keen on the Algerian geezer. I would say that's a bit of an issue before the player even holds a "hello" interview.

It seems a funny state of affairs when the football coach publicly dismisses the owners transfer signings before they have actually happened.

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:12 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:02 pm

Of course. That's my point. Sometimes it needs a specific combination of player and club. Some you win and some you don't.

No point in slagging the guy off before he plays here. It happened with Bowen as well so I should not be surprised.
Think you will find it is only Numbnuts that wrote if Bowen, and by his predictable nature he will do the same with Benrahma.

You are right particular combination player and club, shame club didn’t give Diangana that chance and saved 30m on a similar player. But that is my opinion off course.
Totally different player. Diangana is an out and out winger from what I saw last season.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

According to SKY it is a done deal and having medical.

h69

Post by h69 »

dagenhamdave wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:24 pm According to SKY it is a done deal and having medical.
Yep. His personal terms were never going to be a problem, seems we knew exactly what he wanted and he knew what we were prepared to pay.......allegedly ;)

By the way, this is the length people go to put out false rumours. Its is pretty sad really.

Ex is actually almost always on the money but the press actually pick up this sort of stuff (same with the rumour that King's wage demands were enormous)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 15.52.11.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 15.52.11.png (83.95 KiB) Viewed 1832 times

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:39 am
Shortshanks wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:24 am

No not because he's Brazilian, I not that naive. He's a better player than Benrahma that's why. And put Benrahma in with the crap midfield Anderson was lumbered with and you'll probably be the first to start moaning. Played crap for over a year, who was he playing for because he was continually left out by a manger who has proven he can't talent with other clubs.
It comes to something that a 40m player cant play well with Noble, Rice and Fornals but a player like Antonio can with Soucek, Rice and Fornals.

So what you are saying is that if Soucek had joined last summer, Anderson would have been able to win hios one on ones, would not have looked so lightweight, scored more goals and been a star ? :lol:

And there I was thinking that a good player made a team better not the other way around. Lucky Payet had a world class midfield around him.....oh wait.
"cant play well with Noble, Rice and Fornals but a player like Antonio can with Soucek, Rice and Fornals." Can't you see the massive difference between those 2 statements. :lol: :lol: :lol: Payet ended up exactly the same as Anderson when teams realized all you had to do was stop him which they did or have you forgotten. And BTW Rice was played more as a defender rather than a midfielder last year and that's another thing it took our manager an age to work out.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Payet 1st season 9 goals 2nd season 2 goals

h69

Post by h69 »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:25 pm Payet 1st season 9 goals 2nd season 2 goals
Payet 1st season - 30 games - Loved playing for us
Payet 2nd Season - 18 games - wanted out due to Essex dalliance.

h69

Post by h69 »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:17 pm

It comes to something that a 40m player cant play well with Noble, Rice and Fornals but a player like Antonio can with Soucek, Rice and Fornals.

So what you are saying is that if Soucek had joined last summer, Anderson would have been able to win hios one on ones, would not have looked so lightweight, scored more goals and been a star ? :lol:

And there I was thinking that a good player made a team better not the other way around. Lucky Payet had a world class midfield around him.....oh wait.
"cant play well with Noble, Rice and Fornals but a player like Antonio can with Soucek, Rice and Fornals." Can't you see the massive difference between those 2 statements. :lol: :lol: :lol: Payet ended up exactly the same as Anderson when teams realized all you had to do was stop him which they did or have you forgotten. And BTW Rice was played more as a defender rather than a midfielder last year and that's another thing it took our manager an age to work out.
Rice is playing in Midfield mate. Was on the edge of the box for two of our goals v Wolves. He is a holding MF player.

Payet lost interest when his wife left and went home but still scored our goal of the season v Boro before he left.

h69

Post by h69 »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:17 pm

Rice is playing in Midfield mate. Was on the edge of the box for two of our goals v Wolves. He is a holding MF player.

Payet lost interest when his wife left and went home but still scored our goal of the season v Boro before he left.