Blunt C**ts v West Ham official match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Blunt C**ts v West Ham official match thread

Post by Clayton »

Shortshanks wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:40 pm Fulham/ Sheff Utd : 18 matches played 5 points gained. 22 goals conceded. And some of you think we have done well to win both games 1-0 or even suggest we usually lose against such woeful opposition.
But you have to understand that we won and that is what counts , I have been lead to believe , and you can't deny it's a fact .

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Shortshanks wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:40 pm Fulham/ Sheff Utd : 18 matches played 5 points gained. 22 goals conceded. And some of you think we have done well to win both games 1-0 or even suggest we usually lose against such woeful opposition.
Well Burnley beat Palace 1-0 and they only had 2 points at start of play.

Like many of said,we`d have lost this game 10 months ago,for sure.

Though,I think we could play a lot better using the squad.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

And Burnley had played 2 games less. And to all the people who say we would have lost those games 10 months ago I hate to remind them of a certain player who was stumbling around in our midfield. Safe to say we would have lost them this season as well if change hadn't been forced on Moyes ;)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whilst we are winning these type of game 1-0 all’s well and fine ...
It’s when the luck turns and we start losing em that the knives will be out and the calls for plans BC & D will be screamed louder and louder .

I just like to think I can “pre-empt” it by getting in early that’s all :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:24 pm
It’s when the luck turns and we start losing em that the knives will be out and the calls for plans BC & D will be screamed louder and louder .

And it won’t just be coz noble is on the pitch
COYI!!!

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Clayton wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:41 am
Flairon wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:54 am

I have to disagree. I am not suggesting that we played well, just that last season we would have lost a game like that.

We do seem to be playing to the level of our competition of late.
We more then likely would have lost that game in any other season actually we have many times , the last to score a winning goal at their place was Hurst , so it was some time ago .
Another thing they could have been two up before we even got going , and they had chances throughout the match , but like us on many occasions luck was not with them on the day .
As far as playing to the level of the competition I think I have to disagree there , I see it as the opposition coming up against a solid defensive 11 man team who all know their place within it , and are fit enough to carry it out . Where it likely changes for us is how defensive the opposition are and what their attacking mindset is ( actually think we do better against the more attacking sides especially with Antonio in Moyes setup , rather then teams that do not over commit ) .

You may have a point there my friend.
Flairon

palerider

Post by palerider »

Flairon wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:49 am
Clayton wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:41 am

We more then likely would have lost that game in any other season actually we have many times , the last to score a winning goal at their place was Hurst , so it was some time ago .
Another thing they could have been two up before we even got going , and they had chances throughout the match , but like us on many occasions luck was not with them on the day .
As far as playing to the level of the competition I think I have to disagree there , I see it as the opposition coming up against a solid defensive 11 man team who all know their place within it , and are fit enough to carry it out . Where it likely changes for us is how defensive the opposition are and what their attacking mindset is ( actually think we do better against the more attacking sides especially with Antonio in Moyes setup , rather then teams that do not over commit ) .

You may have a point there my friend.
Actually, the last person to score a winning goal there was Teddy Sheringham.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

JayK wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:02 pm
Newmarket wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:24 pm

And it won’t just be coz noble is on the pitch
"And it won’t just be coz noble is on the pitch" Oh yes it will because you should know better by now. Moyes wouldn't dare would he ? :lol: :lol: :lol: