More Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: More Rice

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:47 am
mkhammer wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:41 am Why Man City aren't sniffing around ,I don't know....they'd be a whole lot harder to beat with Dec...
Red Scouse are in all sorts of probs at moment...they lose Henderson as well,could well be the title gone this
year..so they might be having a look in Jan,is exactly the type of player Klomp likes,versatile.
(Trouble is Scouse fade away this year...could well let the Spuds in, or poss the Cheats, god forbid.....sorry Whisky.... :lol: )

If Cheats or Spuds were struggling..they'd be having a word, a quite one,with his agent,but they're not so doubt either
of them......Arse should be up and running with players they have,can't see where Dec fits in there...(CH maybe),but Parteys one
of the best around that MF role anyway.

Does Declan wanna go to the Frozen North,comes into it as well...,also he's Englands one of a few guaranteed
starters,so being with us isn't affecting that.....being paid what his worth now as well.....by PL footie standards anyway.

Think it's dependent on how we do....don't think he'll go Jan, really can't see it...if we struggle this year again,maybe
next season he'll be off...but we have a good one ..a Euro quali...might just keep him one more season again...
But think that'll be it...He should be off having some fun,earning as much as he can...I would be.
His heart's set on Chelsea. So unless it's ridiculous personal terms of 300k a week or something, I can't see him going anywhere else. I mean....how do you spend all that money ?

Myself, I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 250k but that's just me.

The asking price remains at 80m. If they come up with it, he'll go. Not saying they will but it's a fact.
If the cheats said 35 mil plus the loan of a vauxhall viva our dwarf I'll shoot his wad and call an Uber for uncle Ben.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Think he will see the season out here.

The rent boys will have to come up with a fucking big offer come summer instead of fannying around trying to unload their shit on us.

h69

Post by h69 »

We said we would not listen to any offers under 80M which is why Chelsea never moved for him in the Summer.

They didnt think he is worth that much and didnt want to spend that much on that position . Personally I agree (I think he is a good player but not worth quite that much).

Lets see what happens in the future. I would have hoped he would be recruited by Man City.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

h69 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:53 pm We said we would not listen to any offers under 80M which is why Chelsea never moved for him in the Summer.

They didnt think he is worth that much and didnt want to spend that much on that position . Personally I agree (I think he is a good player but not worth quite that much).

Lets see what happens in the future. I would have hoped he would be recruited by Man City.
That's a good call or Liverpool. Both Klopp and Pep would improve him immensely - make him the best player he could be. Less so at Chelsea, as Frank (good manager btw) expects players to self motivate and self develop.

Not a chance that David Moyes could do any of that. It's not that he is lacking drive or personal skills, he just doesn't have "that" insight.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

h69 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:53 pm We said we would not listen to any offers under 80M which is why Chelsea never moved for him in the Summer.

If Macguire is worth that much, I think you could make a bloody good argument that Rice must surely be. :D
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:14 am

If Macguire is worth that much, I think you could make a bloody good argument that Rice must surely be. :D
Precisely. But for some reason Manchester United were desperate to land Maguire. Only Solskjaer and Woodward know why, but once Leicester realised Maguire wanted the move United had to pay over the odds to encourage Leicester to let him go.

But whether the dwarf could muster up negotiating skills to compare with whoever was at Leicester's end of the particular deal is another matter entirely. And are Chelsea, who already have Jorginho, Kovacevic and Kante on their books desperate enough to pay over market value ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:55 am
only1salty wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:23 am

Most definitely and to be quite honest - I would sell him aswell if £80m was the offer

Not because he isn't going to be a great player but because there is no point in losing money on an unhappy player. We lost a fortune on both Payet and Arnie because we didn't cash in at the right time or have a succession plan.

What we should have is TWO quality centre midfielders lined up and ready to come in now - the moment they cash in activate the signing and off we go. The Leicester and Southampton model.There are cash strapped clubs all over Europe and £40m will get some top notch players

What will actually happen is we will get TWO Will Salthouse clients on loan from the championship, claim the money has been spent on Benrahama and pocket at least 50% of the money. Deja vu of the summer.
Always think the Payet transfer stuff is a bit misleading...we made just short of a Million a month in the time he was here with us...
don't know where that's been done before...we enjoyed him for 18 months...the guy didn't like us ...we got rid..
Wish he could have stayed, was a joy to watch...but don't see to much of a problem with that really....
Its more he liked the population of Essex too much not that he didnt like us. If he had controlled himself he was on a good thing here as he has never really hit the heights since.

h69

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:14 am

Maguire wasn't worth that but Man Utd were totally desperate and you are only worth what someone is willing to pay. Chelsea dont always get it right (usually with managers) but they are not generally desperate. GK was their biggest issue this summer and they went about their business quietly.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

h69 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:04 am
mkhammer wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:55 am

Always think the Payet transfer stuff is a bit misleading...we made just short of a Million a month in the time he was here with us...
don't know where that's been done before...we enjoyed him for 18 months...the guy didn't like us ...we got rid..
Wish he could have stayed, was a joy to watch...but don't see to much of a problem with that really....
Its more he liked the population of Essex too much not that he didnt like us. If he had controlled himself he was on a good thing here as he has never really hit the heights since.
Yeah,must have been watching to much TOWIE in Marseille....and thought things were like and run like that......

Thing is we're not as well run as that.... :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:14 am
h69 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:04 am

Yeah,must have been watching to much TOWIE in Marseille....and thought things were like and run like that......

Thing is we're not as well run as that.... :lol:
Well I believe he got what he was looking for on that front.