The Official West Ham v Aston Villa Match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: The Official West Ham v Aston Villa Match thread

Post by Whiskyman »

deanox wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:24 pm Good win, even if under the cosh for most of the game.
Special mention for Ogbonna, Fabianski and Haller who ran his socks off (well for him he ran his socks off)

reckon we should start the same boys for Man U but with Haller starting and micky on the bench.
Good shout. Can't disagree with that.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Post by 9898 »

Towie wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:26 pm They say winning is everything, but doing it like that is just gash.

Hope it a one off, but I doubt it.
Tell me what was different about tonight and the tactics used by Moyes in every other game? You can't as there are none.
Your post makes no sense.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

HammerJammer

Re: Numbnuts knows nothing

Post by HammerJammer »

9898 numbers shitface, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
Fuck off back to Shyte Fart Stain
you putrid puddle of poxy piss
Click here and enter 9898 to block the TottenScum Troll

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Didnt really deserve that win, Football is really becoming a laughing stock when a decision of a fraction of a millimetre can decide the outcome of a,game, 3 or 4 years ago that would have been a goal and i doubt any of us would have queried it. Technology now allows.Then again, i think the penalty was soft also.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:56 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:26 pm They say winning is everything, but doing it like that is just gash.

Hope it a one off, but I doubt it.
Tell me what was different about tonight and the tactics used by Moyes in every other game? You can't as there are none.
Because in other games we countered with pace and intelligence, and with periods of controlled possession To see out games. Today we just gave away silly fouls and gave the ball away constantly with aimless clearances.
Only other game that came close to last night was Liverpool away and 2nd half vs Citeh.

If you can’t see that then best you give up watching football.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

I think it showed it’s difficult to keep the same team playing every game, a few looked fucked last night.

Also without Declan/Thomas one or both , we r goosed. Love noble but he was so far off the pace it was scarey. We really don’t have any back up for these 2 and it’s a worry.

Haller looked well up for it, absolutely love fornals energy, never stops running and Bowen was excellent again. Assist aside benny needs more minutes and is not a wing back.

Winning ugly is our new normal...& I don’t fuckin care, take a scrappy win against Man U all day.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:23 am
9898 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:56 pm

Because in other games we countered with pace and intelligence, and with periods of controlled possession To see out games. Today we just gave away silly fouls and gave the ball away constantly with aimless clearances.
Only other game that came close to last night was Liverpool away and 2nd half vs Citeh.

If you can’t see that then best you give up watching football.
The aimless clearances (that just keep coming back and inviting pressure) is a big worry imo. We do have a new found resilience but our game management needs to improve dramatically if we want to really move on. Surely it doesn't need years of experience in the game, which our management and coaching staff have, to know that if you retain the ball the opposition can't hurt you. Of course there may be occasions when a great big size 12 upfield or into row Z is the only option (even though it shouldn't be) but it's happening far too often and we can't expect to get away with it like we did last night.

Let's be brutally honest they might have played around with the offside lines all fucking night but how they didn't tale any notice of Ogbonna's bear hug on Watkins will remain a mystery. We've suffered from refereeing/VAR incompetence in the past. Last night we got the benefit. Doesn't make it right, does it ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

"Didnt really deserve that win". Must rank as the understatement of the year so far. Afraid it showed why Moyes has been a failure for the last 8 years or so. And everyone, who thought it was just a case of getting Antonio (who I like ) back in the side and everything will be alright, have been shown to have been getting carried away and ignoring the reality.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:12 am "Didnt really deserve that win". Must rank as the understatement of the year so far. Afraid it showed why Moyes has been a failure for the last 8 years or so. And everyone, who thought it was just a case of getting Antonio (who I like ) back in the side and everything will be alright, have been shown to have been getting carried away and ignoring the reality.
Though I hate to say it , I couldn't agree more , Really do not know what happened with the tactics last night ( was it the early goal that went to their heads ) , we were all over the place . Not a normal start for us ,( let the opposition have the ball and see what they can do with it ) then sit back and hit them on the break , we had none of that last night . And why was Antonio started , he definitely didn't look fit enough .
Then Moyes goes and changes it at half time to play 4 at the back , what was that all about with Cresswell as a LB , WHY ? At least we got to see more of Benrahma , who looks as good as the hype , what now for the lad . Fabianski had a good night , hope it wasn't a one off . Not surprising even Haller looked a lot better and happier to be playing with some pace/skill on the pitch .

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Antonio should never have started. Most of us knew it.
Moyes has admitted he felt tight in his hamstring at half time, that's why he was pulled.
Worrying that Moyes planned for this game with him in mind after a month out!.
It very nearly backfired and in all honesty it should have.