The Official West Ham v Aston Villa Match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: The Official West Ham v Aston Villa Match thread

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:20 am
thomasswe wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:34 am

Dont remember the name but it was said he started out last season.

It was a bloke called Banks. Never heard of him before tbh. Looked a bit of a fag if truth be told. ;)
Maybe Explain why he kept giving fouls to his bum chum mate.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Indeed a right theatrical luvvie

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:47 am
Flairon wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:26 am

Seriously?, because my initial reaction was that it was offside. I instantly became concerned when they went to the VAR fearing the worst.
So obvious that it needed VAR minutes and the math matical gear to go into action. And even then it was debatable..
I never said that it was obvious, merely that my "initial reaction was that it was offside".
Flairon

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:21 pm your memory must be fading if you think that offside could be decided by millimetres 50 years ago. Rules have changed, and not all for the good of the game. Offside has now become so rediculous that the reason for its origin has been lost .
Level with the opponent used to be offside

It has always been decided by millimeters it was just the judgement of the linesman was used and not a computer. One is accurate the other was a guess that went both ways (unless you were playing a big club)

I would rather have the correct decision

I was working with a company that has designed tags that go in the label of the shorts for player positioning and tracking on football pitches. That could be used to give an instant decision

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

only1salty wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:57 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:21 pm your memory must be fading if you think that offside could be decided by millimetres 50 years ago. Rules have changed, and not all for the good of the game. Offside has now become so rediculous that the reason for its origin has been lost .

It has always been decided by millimeters it was just the judgement of the linesman was used and not a computer. One is accurate the other was a guess that went both ways (unless you were playing a big club)

I was working with a company that has designed tags that go in the label of the shorts for player positioning and tracking on football pitches. That could be used to give an instant decision
Very interesting. I'm of the opinion that the whole body should be offside (it used to be clear daylight) rather than a percentage of body mass, as it is today.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:28 pm
only1salty wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:57 pm

Very interesting. I'm of the opinion that the whole body should be offside (it used to be clear daylight) rather than a percentage of body mass, as it is today.

In my day, and yours im guessing, it was the same but it changed as times past. I dont go as far back as there not even having an offside rule.

As for this tag thing fixed to the label of shorts, it would be interesting to see how they could implement that presuming it sends a signal from it to a monitor. I again presume the label is at the back of the shorts. Modification might be required.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:30 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:28 pm

In my day, and yours im guessing, it was the same but it changed as times past. I dont go as far back as there not even having an offside rule.

As for this tag thing fixed to the label of shorts, it would be interesting to see how they could implement that presuming it sends a signal from it to a monitor. I again presume the label is at the back of the shorts. Modification might be required.
I fail to see how that would work. A taller player could be positioned in such away as his tracking shorts suggest that he is on side but a leg or his upper torso could be clearly offside.
Flairon

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

This technology bollocks is going way off the fucking scale just replace players with fucking robots with trackers and have done with it.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Flairon wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:51 am
eskimo joe wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:30 am

I fail to see how that would work. A taller player could be positioned in such away as his tracking shorts suggest that he is on side but a leg or his upper torso could be clearly offside.
Put it in their boots.....

hd1

Post by hd1 »

They'll all have one soon once they have the vaccine :roll: