FA Cup: Stockport Co vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

FA Cup: Stockport Co vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

After our good win at Goodison Park on New Year Day, the players already by now had 4 days break to rest and recharge their batteries. This is one bogey team that we rarely win, especially in the cup alas Dowie infamous own-goal that surely will never forgotton. Now this is a new West Ham side with better fitness, skills and desire since Moyes return. I hope to see Snograss, Noble, Johnson raking part and Antonio could come in 2nd half to be ready for the tricky game against park the bus clowns, Burnley. Hope Fabianski will be ready for the Burnley game.

Squad:

Johnson
Diop
Dawson
Cresswell

Snodgrass
Noble
Fornals

Lanzini
Haller
Benrahma

Hope it will be a good game and have a good runs in as our position is almost safe.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

h69

Re: FA Cup: Stockport Co vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by h69 »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:14 pm After our good win at Goodison Park on New Year Day, the players already by now had 4 days break to rest and recharge their batteries. This is one bogey team that we rarely win, especially in the cup alas Dowie infamous own-goal that surely will never forgotton. Now this is a new West Ham side with better fitness, skills and desire since Moyes return. I hope to see Snograss, Noble, Johnson raking part and Antonio could come in 2nd half to be ready for the tricky game against park the bus clowns, Burnley. Hope Fabianski will be ready for the Burnley game.

Squad:

Johnson
Diop
Dawson
Cresswell

Snodgrass
Noble
Fornals

Lanzini
Haller
Benrahma

Hope it will be a good game and have a good runs in as our position is almost safe.

Lose with that team and everyone will complain that we didn't take the cup seriously enough.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Good one Ibbs.

I would personally like to see a full strength team for each and every FA Cup game.

Given the option of 1) 17th place in the league and a heartbreaking loss in the cup semi-final, or 2) mid-table mediocrity in the league and exiting the cup without a whimper in the early rounds, I’d take the former.

Just give us some faint hope of a bit of glory.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

OZHAMMER wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:31 pm Good one Ibbs.

I would personally like to see a full strength team for each and every FA Cup game.

Given the option of 1) 17th place in the league and a heartbreaking loss in the cup semi-final, or 2) mid-table mediocrity in the league and exiting the cup without a whimper in the early rounds, I’d take the former.

Just give us some faint hope of a bit of glory.
Soucek and Rice plus Antonio will come on in 2nd half if West Ham are struggling.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

I was hoping we would try to win a cup game for a change :)

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I think we can disregard Snoddy, looks like he'll be joining fat boy at West Brom.
Good luck to him, he's served us well.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:14 pm After our good win at Goodison Park on New Year Day, the players already by now had 4 days break to rest and recharge their batteries. This is one bogey team that we rarely win, especially in the cup alas Dowie infamous own-goal that surely will never forgotton. Now this is a new West Ham side with better fitness, skills and desire since Moyes return. I hope to see Snograss, Noble, Johnson raking part and Antonio could come in 2nd half to be ready for the tricky game against park the bus clowns, Burnley. Hope Fabianski will be ready for the Burnley game.

Squad:

Johnson
Diop
Dawson
Cresswell

Snodgrass
Noble
Fornals

Lanzini
Haller
Benrahma

Don't think your'e to far of the mark with that mate...

Also...
Good to see our new back up Goalie Danny Squad getting a run out......... :lol:

Towie

Post by Towie »

h69 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:24 pm

Squad:

Johnson
Diop
Dawson
Cresswell

Snodgrass
Noble
Fornals

Lanzini
Haller
Benrahma

Lose with that team and everyone will complain that we didn't take the cup seriously enough.
Well if we playing without a keeper, that would suggest we are not taking it seriously. :lol:
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Team selection might be interesting. For instance, some players can handle a rest, periods of inactivity and others need the game time to keep ticking over. Declan is one that is suitable to regular football. Whereas someone like Ogbonna can miss two weeks and return to his usual high standard.

Stockport are obviously an inferior opponent so any XI should be adequate. It's more a mindset than a game of tactics.

As it's the only televised game on Monday that should eliminate any feeling of complacency. You can't hide a bad performance when your the only game in town.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

h69 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:24 pm

Squad:

Johnson
Diop
Dawson
Cresswell

Snodgrass
Noble
Fornals

Lanzini
Haller
Benrahma

As long as Rice, Soucek and Antonio come in beginning of 2nd half but would like about 8 to 9 first teamer to start.