FA Cup: Stockport Co vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: FA Cup: Stockport Co vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by h69 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:01 pm Put all the sentimental cup minnows ,magic of the cup blah blah bollocks aside I don’t think they troubled us one bit last night.
They built a wall in front of the goal, only had 1 shot on target and in a gail force wind we scored and move on. Job done.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

am i the only one worried by sir les at the back, i dont see him as an improvement on balbuena , maybe more of a threat on goal but he seems to think he's some ball playing centre back.

in every game he's looked like the one to make a rick or trip over his boot laces, doesnt fill me with confidence and unless balbuena is injured i should imagine he's feeling a little unlucky to lose his place.

Also we are toothless up front and would like to see more of the young kid who came on who looks like a bit of a unit, someone with more knowledge can tell me how he's done in the reserves.

Other than that thought it was a decent performance on a dodgy pitch and another 1-0 win, how many is that for the season, more like the Le Arse of old and frankly i dont mind that.

Burnley will be a much tougher nut to crack.

h69

Post by h69 »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:24 pm am i the only one worried by sir les at the back, i dont see him as an improvement on balbuena , maybe more of a threat on goal but he seems to think he's some ball playing centre back.

in every game he's looked like the one to make a rick or trip over his boot laces, doesnt fill me with confidence and unless balbuena is injured i should imagine he's feeling a little unlucky to lose his place.

Also we are toothless up front and would like to see more of the young kid who came on who looks like a bit of a unit, someone with more knowledge can tell me how he's done in the reserves.

Other than that thought it was a decent performance on a dodgy pitch and another 1-0 win, how many is that for the season, more like the Le Arse of old and frankly i dont mind that.

Have not conceded a goal with Dawson at the back yet.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

h69 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:44 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:24 pm am i the only one worried by sir les at the back, i dont see him as an improvement on balbuena , maybe more of a threat on goal but he seems to think he's some ball playing centre back.

Good point and useful to keep that fucker Wood from always scoring against us.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

h69 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:44 pm

thought this would come up and its hard to argue against H, just have a nagging doubt about sir les and feel balbuena has been hard done by. As mentioned in the grand scheme of things if we keep a clean sheet and keep nicking a 1-0 .......i'll find something else to whine about :D

JayK

Post by JayK »

I think Oggy let him know in no certain terms at one point to stop fucking about and hoof that cunt outta the park if there’s trouble. I did quite enjoy bit of no nonsense centre backing 😄
COYI!!!

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

Clayton wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:11 am
hamstew wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:36 pm

Is there any point in being pedantic? I'm just stating a fact that the pitch is terrible and not easy to play on, making it difficult to control the ball and judge the length of the pass. Are you therefore telling me that the awful playing surface had no part whatsoever for our players to get anything going? As well as a mixture of playing badly in parts of course. A better pitch and I'm confident we would have had a better game.
We managed to have 12 shots but only 2 on target , so nothing unusual there , definitely a better pitch and we should of had a better game , no denying that , but I personally still think a premier league team supposedly as good as ours should have been able to do more against a non league side , even if they were punching above their weight .

Fair enough mate, I agree with that but at least you agree with me that the swimming pool of a pitch didn't help and as you say and I also said that if we had played on a better pitch, we would have had a better game.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:26 pm

I think Oggy let him know in no certain terms at one point to stop fucking about and hoof that cunt outta the park if there’s trouble. I did quite enjoy bit of no nonsense centre backing 😄
Yes I enjoyed that moment too. Craig was faffing around with it in the "red-zone" and Oggy slammed the ball with some ferocity out of the ground straight onto No: 42's greenhouse. You could tell from the stinky-eyed glare he gave Dawson that his temper was up...and losing a ball was all in the game...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:37 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:26 am

The pitch was no worse for those two than it was for Rice who was his normal excellent self. I thought there were a couple of Stockport midfielders who looked better than those two tbh.
Normally,I would be doing my nut against the opposition,that we should play off the park,but last night,I didn't.

The conditions were dreadful.Rice probably coped a little better with it than others,but it was a leveller.

I could see our players were putting a shift in,so I couldn't criticize them at all.
Most players coped well considering the conditions imo. But I agree Rice, closely followed by Ogbonna coped better than most. But I have to say I thought Benrahma and Lanzini were utter gash and might as well have stayed on the bus.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:38 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:26 pm

Yes I enjoyed that moment too. Craig was faffing around with it in the "red-zone" and Oggy slammed the ball with some ferocity out of the ground straight onto No: 42's greenhouse. You could tell from the stinky-eyed glare he gave Dawson that his temper was up...and losing a ball was all in the game...
A beautiful yet rugged moment 😄
COYI!!!