Haller off to Ajax?

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: Haller off to Ajax?

Post by Brookbonds73 »

At the end of the day, this is what happens when you have no scouting system whatsoever and rely on FIFA for information. Total bollocks from start to finish.
Fucking circus.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Towie

Post by Towie »

So now we getting £20m for a player we spent £40m on 18 months ago.

Great business that is, ffs what a joke.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:15 pm So now we getting £20m for a player we spent £40m on 18 months ago.

As BB73 says if you don't have a scouting system in place and rely on agent driven player purchases it's inevitable you'll get your arse bitten on a regular basis. Hopefully the way the Benrahma thing has been done is the way forward. "Rent" a player for a year and if he proves to be any good take up the option. Otherwise tie a bow round his neck and send him back with a "thanks but no thanks" message.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

We currently have a semi fit winger running on one leg as our only striker.....so why the fuck not get rid of Haller.

unless moyes has a cunning plan it seems a tad..........fucking stupid?

not even sure we have anyone in da yuff team to step up or what about the lad out on loan, silva?

for the cause i'm prepared to throw me hat in the ring, 55 yr old , 6'4, not that keen on heading the ball tbh, not terribly quick over 10 yards, mostly play golf on a saturday but free currently until mid feb and could do a monday evening .but i can run 5k in 25mins (on a good day) but cant do much after it for a couple of days.. anyway here if needed. :D

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:21 pm We currently have a semi fit winger running on one leg as our only striker.....so why the fuck not get rid of Haller.

not even sure we have anyone in da yuff team to step up or what about the lad out on loan, silva?

for the cause i'm prepared to throw me hat in the ring, 55 yr old , 6'4, not that keen on heading the ball tbh, not terribly quick over 10 yards, mostly play golf on a saturday but free currently until mid feb and could do a monday evening .but i can run 5k in 25mins (on a good day) but cant do much after it for a couple of days.. anyway here if needed. :D
Are you Andy Carroll?

h69

Post by h69 »

brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:21 pm We currently have a semi fit winger running on one leg as our only striker.....so why the fuck not get rid of Haller.

Lets break the habit of a lifetime and not panic about selling a player who brings very little with 3 weeks left.

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:15 pm So now we getting £20m for a player we spent £40m on 18 months ago.

We should never have bought him. Pellegrini spent a small fortune on Haller and Anderson without really checking they could play in our league....scandalous.

I understand fans judging players on their Price tag but managers and scouts ??? :lol: Especially when the biggest driver of a price tag is the length of contract a player has left.

JayK

Post by JayK »

A ready made replacement for Haller then
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:27 pm

Are you Andy Carroll?
Ya know he scored his 1st goal for Newcastle the other day since leaving us in August 2019. :lol:
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

JayK wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:51 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:27 pm

Are you Andy Carroll?
Ya know he scored his 1st goal for Newcastle the other day since leaving us in August 2019. :lol:
I always knew he'd come good 😂