Haller off to Ajax?

Chat about anything football related here!
BCHammer

Re: Haller off to Ajax?

Post by BCHammer »

Not my money, I don't care if the dwarf has lost out, until of course he wont put anything in the club...

We will see if there will be a Moyes replacement or a dwarf replacement.

Personally, I feel quite gutted about Haller. I was really excited when he joined, at the time he was worth every penny.

Now it kinda feels like landing that super hot girl who everyone thinks is really cool. But after being with her for a year she is frigid in the sack and thinks you are pretty boring and unexciting. She is also only cool when she is with her old friends. There are still some magic moments, but that is all they are, she does not fit in with your lifestyle and it is unfortunately best for both parties to move on.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

If we sell him for the quoted amount its worse than Liverpool with Andy Carrol, for a non-injury prone player.

I get the market isnt the same since Covid but why rush this then? Were not desperate, were doing just fine. Even if we sign a replacement it's still a gamble, and likely a gamble that is worth less then Haller mind. Replacing Haller would still leave us short on strikers.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Well the deal has been confirmed.

Which leaves us with only Antonio as a senior striker in the squad.

Basically we would need 2 strikers this window.

Madness. I know most wanted this to happen but I fear this could ruin our season. I think finding an adequate replacement in january could prove difficult. Better hope there is someone already on the way in.

What happens if Antonio gets injured again? Well have either Yarmolenko or someone untried upfront.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

BCHammer wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:41 am Not my money, I don't care if the dwarf has lost out, until of course he wont put anything in the club...

We will see if there will be a Moyes replacement or a dwarf replacement.

Personally, I feel quite gutted about Haller. I was really excited when he joined, at the time he was worth every penny.

Now it kinda feels like landing that super hot girl who everyone thinks is really cool. But after being with her for a year she is frigid in the sack and thinks you are pretty boring and unexciting. She is also only cool when she is with her old friends. There are still some magic moments, but that is all they are, she does not fit in with your lifestyle and it is unfortunately best for both parties to move on.
i see you've met my wife.....

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

thomasswe wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:06 am Well the deal has been confirmed.

Which leaves us with only Antonio as a senior striker in the squad.

Basically we would need 2 strikers this window.

Madness. I know most wanted this to happen but I fear this could ruin our season. I think finding an adequate replacement in january could prove difficult. Better hope there is someone already on the way in.

What happens if Antonio gets injured again? Well have either Yarmolenko or someone untried upfront.
with you on this thomas, let hope Moyes has been working behind the scenes to secure someone, otherwise a promising season could go tits.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

We wouldn’t even notice he’s gone.

palerider

Post by palerider »

A last minute hitch as when I turned up to take him to the airport he was still in bed, but job done.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

I just fear we wont get an adequate replacement, or rather someone who offers less.

The reality is that any new striker by all account are going to be backup to Antonio but Antonio cant be expected to stay fit to play 90 minutes every game for the rest of the season, so whoever it is will be pretty much guaranteed time on the pitch.

Now lets look at the strikers we are linked to. Would they offer more than Haller?

King, Benteke - Probably less

Arnautovic, Giroud - Probably more but short term

Hlozek, Sima, Nzola, Dia etc - who knows

Or they use the money on jesse fucking lingard who isnt even a stiker but that doesnt matter caude he immediately gets injured anyway

Personally I'd like to get 2 strikers from abroad and hope atleast o of them works out. I woulf not choose any of the "known" targets.

Edit: After comparing clips I'd like to see us go for Dia And Hložek as I think theyd suit our style the most.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

The only player we keep getting linked with that I would take is Giroud. But there are two problems with him coming as I see it. The first one is the obvious. Price and salary demands. The second is that if we were to sign him and he maintains his usual performance level he would be an automatic selection. Which leaves the question of what to do with Antonio. Antonio's form before his injury is worthy of a first team place without a doubt. But where could he be fitted in to maintain the formation that, so far, is working well for us.

Not going to happen anyway I suspect---See problem 1.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

If he at least looked like he gives a fuck, I’d be a little more inclined to keep him.

But he always gives me the impression he’d rather be anywhere else but on the pitch.

The fact that he’s produced a couple of stellar goals makes it even more frustrating, because he’s shown what he can do when he puts an ounce of effort in.

I don’t blame the manager, the service, or the set-up - it’s his attitude, and it stinks.

Transplant Carlton Cole’s ticker and soul, and we’d have a world-beater.