Haller off to Ajax?

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Haller off to Ajax?

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:30 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:02 pm
I have the suspicion that Haller will be quite successful in the Dutch league and recover his transfer value :lol:
Played 45 mins the other day.......1 assist....and one goal disallowed by VAR........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He was always gonna do better in a different league and team set up 🤷🏻‍♂️
COYI!!!

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Luckily with the dwarf master negotiator in charge and given his amazing foresight and natural reading of the sport...... we will have a large sell on clause in this contract of sale.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:02 pm
I have the suspicion that Haller will be quite successful in the Dutch league and recover his transfer value :lol:
Played 45 mins the other day.......1 assist....and one goal disallowed by VAR........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Knew it. The assist sounds like he was "involved" which he wasn't while with us. Took part yes, involved no.

I was hoping he would eventually settle in and become a Freddie Kanoute type player. I remember a 2-2 at Villa Park and Fred was brilliant that day.

The last good striker at our club was Dean Ashton. Every single one since has been iffy. The best of that iffyness was Javier Hernandez who nobody could
work out how to keep in the team. Completely wrong choice

And yes I am aware that Antonio is now the 1st team striker but sometimes when I watch him...I wonder if he knows he is....

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:16 pm

Knew it. The assist sounds like he was "involved" which he wasn't while with us. Took part yes, involved no.

I was hoping he would eventually settle in and become a Freddie Kanoute type player. I remember a 2-2 at Villa Park and Fred was brilliant that day.

The last good striker at our club was Dean Ashton. Every single one since has been iffy. The best of that iffyness was Javier Hernandez who nobody could

And yes I am aware that Antonio is now the 1st team striker but sometimes when I watch him...I wonder if he knows he is....
A footballer ? A striker ? even aware he is even on the pitch ? 🤣🤣🤣.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dean Ashton FFS. Have you not forgotten one of, maybe even the first, the dwarf's acquisitions early during his enlightened ownership of the club. I refer of course to the legend that is Benni McCarthy. The dwarf would deny it, modest soul that he is, but he was totally and exclusively involved in bringing the South African genius to our shores.

Apparently Zola, our manager at the time, was so overwhelmed by the dwarf's largesse he could only utter two words. Mama Mia.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:29 pm

Dean Ashton FFS. Have you not forgotten one of, maybe even the first, the dwarf's acquisitions early during his enlightened ownership of the club. I refer of course to the legend that is Benni McCarthy. The dwarf would deny it, modest soul that he is, but he was totally and exclusively involved in bringing the South African genius to our shores.

Apparently Zola, our manager at the time, was so overwhelmed by the dwarf's largesse he could only utter two words. Mama Mia.
I wasn't referencing the DS stewardship period, however if I had to define the moment it went wrong - when he was given a book "Style Tips for short men" by his good mate David Gold

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

1 more assist today........he's on fire...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whiskyman

Sebastian Haller--Oh dear !!

Post by Whiskyman »

Apparently Ajax have "forgotten" to include him in their Europa League squad and have had to go, cap in hand, to UEFA to ask for "help" in sorting the situation out.

Someone at the club has obviously been spending too much of their hard earned on that funny cake they sell out there.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Left out of Ajax Europa League squad..... by mistake!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... STAKE.html

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

only1salty wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:41 am Left out of Ajax Europa League squad..... by mistake!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... STAKE.html
:lol: