The januaru striker thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: The januaru striker thread

Post by Brookbonds73 »

JayK wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:33 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:51 pm

The only problem with this, is the cost.
It's cost me a fortune in spindles, she just will not tumble in a straight line. God knows I've tried, I've left things on the stairs with military precision the SAS would be proud of, but dya think the harridan will comply, fucking bitch. 🤷
You’d think she’d clear up on the way down. Multi tasking an all that, what they’re “supposed” to be good at
Indeed, lazy fuck, grab the hoover or something on the way down. Multi task my hole, I've let her off building the extension because of her hips, but if she thinks she's getting away with tiling the roof, she can think again. She can put that stenna lift to good use and hoist the tiles up there herself!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:42 pm
JayK wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:33 pm

You’d think she’d clear up on the way down. Multi tasking an all that, what they’re “supposed” to be good at
Indeed, lazy fuck, grab the hoover or something on the way down. Multi task my hole, I've let her off building the extension because of her hips, but if she thinks she's getting away with tiling the roof, she can think again. She can put that stenna lift to good use and hoist the tiles up there herself!
Very considerate of you BB.
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:33 am
Dagger wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:15 am So keep Haller have little funds to recruit or sell Haller to someone who wants him and have funds to get players in

Can’t see much wrong tbh

And we have a youth player who everyone wanted to see so that will probably happen in the next few games
Precisely. According to most Haller was/is shit. Logically therefore anyone else wearing his shirt should be an improvement. Even if the improvement was that his replacement wasn't quite as shit. But take it from me the knives will be out for the young kid if he gets a run in the team and isn't the next Tony Cottee.

I see that since he left Snodgrass has become an invaluable squad member as well. How many minutes has he been in action this season ?
I know Moyes didn`t fancy him,but who has played nearly every game since Antonio has been out?

He was the only proper centre forward we actually had,whether we liked him or not.

Sure it is stupidity for the board to sell him without an replacement?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:46 pm

Precisely. According to most Haller was/is shit. Logically therefore anyone else wearing his shirt should be an improvement. Even if the improvement was that his replacement wasn't quite as shit. But take it from me the knives will be out for the young kid if he gets a run in the team and isn't the next Tony Cottee.

I see that since he left Snodgrass has become an invaluable squad member as well. How many minutes has he been in action this season ?
I know Moyes didn`t fancy him,but who has played nearly every game since Antonio has been out?

He was the only proper centre forward we actually had,whether we liked him or not.

That's what happens when you have vermin in charge, whose only intention is to sell off everything that isn't nailed down.
I've never known our squad to be so depleted.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:24 pm

That's what happens when you have vermin in charge, whose only intention is to sell off everything that isn't nailed down.
It's just laughable.

You couldn't make it up.

Funny really,Sullivan was spouting 3 months ago that we had 8 Right Wingers at our club.Last time I counted we only had 9 First Team Midfielders and Forward combined.

That bloke is shit at maths :roll: :lol:

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:33 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:24 pm

It's just laughable.

You couldn't make it up.

Funny really,Sullivan was spouting 3 months ago that we had 8 Right Wingers at our club.Last time I counted we only had 9 First Team Midfielders and Forward combined.

That bloke is shit at maths :roll: :lol:
Him and his two friends know exactly what they're doing Tel. The trouble is people are still prepared to play their game. I've a mate who will continue to go regardless, who refuses to see the bigger picture. It's up to him of course what he does with his money, but don't moan when we're in another relegation battle. We've got lucky this season, but we'll be back fighting off relegation soon, it's inevitable with these cunts in charge.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

What we can say is this. Choose one option

1. The sale went ahead with the approval of Moyes. If so we have to assume he is happy with the remaining squad
2 The sale went ahead without the approval of Moyes. If so we have to assume he must feel mightily pissed off at not having been consulted regarding matters concerning transfers.

If the answer is 2 there is a third option. Which is that he has the backbone of a jelly fish and is so desperate to keep his job he is prepared to swallow any shit his employers feed him with.

Personally I think it's option one. But I wouldn't stake a large wager on it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:26 am

What we can say is this. Choose one option

1. The sale went ahead with the approval of Moyes. If so we have to assume he is happy with the remaining squad
2 The sale went ahead without the approval of Moyes. If so we have to assume he must feel mightily pissed off at not having been consulted regarding matters concerning transfers.

If the answer is 2 there is a third option. Which is that he has the backbone of a jelly fish and is so desperate to keep his job he is prepared to swallow any shit his employers feed him with.

Personally I think it's option one. But I wouldn't stake a large wager on it.
The probable answer is that Moyes was convinced by the dwarf giving him assurances that a replacement was almost a done deal. And that he was mug enough to believe it.

LDesign

Post by LDesign »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:23 pm
LDesign wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:34 pm Dominic Solanke would be a shout.
But isn't he the guy who took about 18 months to score his first goal for Bournemouth ?
Yeah, adapted to senior football a bit late but seems to have found his stride. Last season he was pretty much backup to King and Wilson and chances were thin.

The guy is only going to improve and get better. Being the main man uptop and only challenging Antonio for the spot, he will do well.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

LDesign wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:11 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:23 pm

But isn't he the guy who took about 18 months to score his first goal for Bournemouth ?
Yeah, adapted to senior football a bit late but seems to have found his stride. Last season he was pretty much backup to King and Wilson and chances were thin.

The guy is only going to improve and get better. Being the main man uptop and only challenging Antonio for the spot, he will do well.
Whoever we get in ( if anyone ) will not have to put up much of a challenge for the top spot ( if they have pace , strength and a touch of skill ) , Antonio will surely breakdown again and give them the chance .