The januaru striker thread

Chat about anything football related here!
thomasswe

The januaru striker thread

Post by thomasswe »

With Haller officially gone it's no suprise we are yet again im need of a new striker. I'll list the one I can remember us being linked to. Which one is your preferred target and who do you think we will end up with?

I will keep adding names as soon as I spot a rumor.

Joshua King
Marko Arnautovic
Olivier Giroud
Christian Benteke
Moussa Dembélé
Abdallah Sima
Adam Hložek
M'Bala Nzola
Boulaye Dia
Lassina Traoré
Eddie Nketiah
Patson Daka
Josh DaSilva
Luca Jovic
Ismaila Sarr
Mariano Diaz
Krzysztof Piatek
Arkadiusz Milik
Odsonne Edouard
Adam Armstrong
Vincent Aboubakar
Troy Deeney
Marcos Paulo
Anthony Lozano
Ivan Toney
Alassane Plea
Gaëtan Laborde
Youssef En-Nesyri
Willian Jose
Andy Delort
Henry Onyekuru
Josh Maja
Divock Origi
Giovanni Simeone
Edin Dzeko
Hwang Hee-Chan
Jonas Wind
Diego Costa
Last edited by thomasswe on Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 27 times in total.

BlackDiamond

Re: The januaru striker thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

thomasswe wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:32 am With Haller officially gone it's no suprise we are yet again im need of a new striker. I'll list the one I can remember us being linked to. Which one is your preferred target and who do you think we will end up with?

Joshua King
Marko Arnautovic
Olivier Giroud
Christian Benteke
Moussa Dembélé
Abdallah Sima
Adam Hložek
M'Bala Nzola
Boulaye Dia
The only two of quality listed are Giroud and Hlozek. The others either had it and are passed their best or never had it in the first place and one of them is an extreme cunt.

The Gonz will probably make an informative 16 min video on each one and Geo will give his opinion on a separate pod cast...something to look forward to and give an upvote on

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:41 am
thomasswe wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:32 am With Haller officially gone it's no suprise we are yet again im need of a new striker. I'll list the one I can remember us being linked to. Which one is your preferred target and who do you think we will end up with?

Joshua King
Marko Arnautovic
Olivier Giroud
Christian Benteke
Moussa Dembélé
Abdallah Sima
Adam Hložek
M'Bala Nzola
Boulaye Dia
The only two of quality listed are Giroud and Hlozek. The others either had it and are passed their best or never had it in the first place and one of them is an extreme cunt.

The Gonz will probably make an informative 16 min video on each one and Geo will give his opinion on a separate pod cast...something to look forward to and give an upvote on
Well Nzola is doing well in Italy and Dia is doing well in France, out of the 2 I'd say Dia looks the best (based on youtube highlights which says fuck all really) Both are 24 years old . Both could be worth a punt.

Sima and Hlozek are teenagers playing in the czech league, and i think Sima is actually a winger.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Joshua King
Marko Arnautovic
Olivier Giroud
Christian Benteke
Moussa Dembélé
Abdallah Sima
Adam Hložek
M'Bala Nzola
Boulaye Dia
No brainer for me. Giroud. Haven't seen enough of the last 4 names. Doubt if Dembele would leave Lyon who are top of the league in France, Arnautovic comes with too much baggage.

Probably won't get any of them because in our present system they'd only be a backup which I doubt would appeal. But my guess would be if any of that lot shipped up it would be King.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Giroud will not suit Moyes way of playing

Josh King does and he will be cheap (the owners box ticked)

welcome Josh King :D
Covid in the Boardroom

h69

Post by h69 »

jameskel wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:38 pm Giroud will not suit Moyes way of playing

15m is about right for him. Decent player that can actually run and score goals in the Premier League. Would be happy with this.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

h69 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:52 pm
jameskel wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:38 pm Giroud will not suit Moyes way of playing

15m is about right for him. Decent player that can actually run and score goals in the Premier League. Would be happy with this.
Scored exactly Zero goals this year.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I would love to see Adam Hložek at West Ham.

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:58 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:52 pm

Scored exactly Zero goals this year.
Due to being played as a winger rather than a striker a bit like Arnie hardly scoring when Stoke played him there.

As for Adam Hložek...as long as we buy someone else as well then maybe worth a punt as a youth to start with since he has not played much and you cant expect an 18 year old to hit the ground running as the clubs main striker.....bit too much of a risk.
Last edited by h69 on Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Joshua King
Marko Arnautovic
Olivier Giroud
Christian Benteke
Moussa Dembélé
Abdallah Sima
Adam Hložek
M'Bala Nzola
Boulaye Dia
Is that Swedish for January? ;)