The sloth's replacement

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: The sloth's replacement

Post by h69 »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:31 pm I don't have an issue with haller, will probably start to bang in goals again when played in a system that suits his style of play

Panic buy, square peg round hole yet again, I just hope we actually for once get a striker who fits
Once he has two mobile strikers either side of him that can tee him up for taps ins so he does not have to move I reckon he certainly will bang them in :lol:

Although Pellegrini tried Anderson - Haller - Antonio and that didn't work either so maybe the Dutch Pub league is best for him.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

h69 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:25 am
Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:31 pm I don't have an issue with haller, will probably start to bang in goals again when played in a system that suits his style of play

Panic buy, square peg round hole yet again, I just hope we actually for once get a striker who fits
Once he has two mobile strikers either side of him that can tee him up for taps ins so he does not have to move I reckon he certainly will bang them in :lol:

Although Pellegrini tried Anderson - Haller - Antonio and that didn't work either so maybe the Dutch Pub league is best for him.
He scored all his goals playing with another striker, 2 up front.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

h69

Post by h69 »

Ironworksfc wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:32 am
h69 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:25 am

He scored all his goals playing with another striker, 2 up front.
If you mean at Frankfurt, he had Jović and Rebić up top with him agreed but Pellegrini tried that with Anderson and Antonio.

The big difference is that it was the Bundesliga and not the Premier League...some players cannot adapt to our league some can. He definitely cannot due to his lack of mobility.

He will do better in the Dutch League along with Blind, Klaassen and Tadić as it is a more forgiving league.