West Ham vs Burnley Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Burnley Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

This fixture will be the toughest one as Burnley did the double over us last season and was a frustrating result at London Stadium last time round. Burnley will have their defensive as the strongest with Mee and Tardowski which any teams will find it difficult to break down and I am surprised big clubs did not tried to get those 2. Burnley also have a new ownership so that will give them confidence. Wets Ham need to do better than they did last season and with Antonio back, hopefully he will be more sharper and need to do more better in crosses for the offensive side. Not sure if Fabianski is back as I haven't heard anything but finger-crossed hope he does. West Ham also have to watch out for Chris Wood who usually not scored a goal for a while until he does against us.

Formation for this match could be a 4-3-3 as 4-2-3-1 will not work as Burnley defensive will easily stopped us attacking. 4-4-1-1 could be another option.

Squad:

Fabianski/Randy

Coufal
Balbuena/Dawson
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Soucek
Rice
Fornals

Bowen
Antonio (in front)
Benrahma.

Hope Benrahma can open the Burnley defence.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Re: West Ham vs Burnley Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Cheers Ibbs!!

I don’t think Antonio will be as sharp as he needs to be but should be sharper than yesterday. No point us putting crosses in, we need to slip balls around the defence and do well (as we have been) at set pieces.

I still think we’ll win but probs won’t be pretty.
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

JayK wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:02 pm Cheers Ibbs!!

I don’t think Antonio will be as sharp as he needs to be but should be sharper than yesterday. No point us putting crosses in, we need to slip balls around the defence and do well (as we have been) at set pieces.

Well done Ibbs.
I agree Jay, definitely won't be pretty. You never know, we might have a new striker by then. :o
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:07 pm

Well done Ibbs.
I agree Jay, definitely won't be pretty. You never know, we might have a new striker by then. :o
🤣🤣🤣🤣 sometimes you kill me
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Well done Ibbs.
We're in advanced talks to sign some French geezer from Ajax for 50 million apparently.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:18 pm This fixture will be the toughest one as Burnley did the double over us last season and was a frustrating result at London Stadium last time round. Burnley will have their defensive as the strongest with Mee and Tardowski which any teams will find it difficult to break down and I am surprised big clubs did not tried to get those 2. Burnley also have a new ownership so that will give them confidence. Wets Ham need to do better than they did last season and with Antonio back, hopefully he will be more sharper and need to do more better in crosses for the offensive side. Not sure if Fabianski is back as I haven't heard anything but finger-crossed hope he does. West Ham also have to watch out for Chris Wood who usually not scored a goal for a while until he does against us.

Formation for this match could be a 4-3-3 as 4-2-3-1 will not work as Burnley defensive will easily stopped us attacking. 4-4-1-1 could be another option.

Squad:

Fabianski/Randy

Coufal
Balbuena/Dawson
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Soucek
Rice
Fornals

Bowen
Antonio (in front)
Benrahma.

Excellent intro Ibbs, I see this as a less than solid home win. If all the directors turn up for this one, it will be a socially-distanced parade of tarts and farts - something for the snappers

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:50 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:18 pm This fixture will be the toughest one as Burnley did the double over us last season and was a frustrating result at London Stadium last time round. Burnley will have their defensive as the strongest with Mee and Tardowski which any teams will find it difficult to break down and I am surprised big clubs did not tried to get those 2. Burnley also have a new ownership so that will give them confidence. Wets Ham need to do better than they did last season and with Antonio back, hopefully he will be more sharper and need to do more better in crosses for the offensive side. Not sure if Fabianski is back as I haven't heard anything but finger-crossed hope he does. West Ham also have to watch out for Chris Wood who usually not scored a goal for a while until he does against us.

Squad:

Fabianski/Randy

Coufal
Balbuena/Dawson
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Soucek
Rice
Fornals

Bowen
Antonio (in front)
Benrahma.

Excellent intro Ibbs, I see this as a less than solid home win. If all the directors turn up for this one, it will be a socially-distanced parade of tarts and farts - something for the snappers
I just hope they stay safe, I'd hate for anything to happen to them. :twisted:

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:35 pm

Well done Ibbs.
We're in advanced talks to sign some French geezer from Ajax for 50 million apparently.
🤣
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I hope your confidence isn't misplaced although I'm watching the Burnley v Man United game and I think it might be. We struggle against teams who park the bus, and Burnley's bus is a great big fucker. I think their shortest player is about 7' 6" so I don't see Lanzini and Benrahma being too "up for it". And I think we need to add Balbuena to the mix to counter their aerial (only) threat. A definite 3 at the back requirement methinks.

Pretty it won't be, that's for sure.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:16 pm

I hope your confidence isn't misplaced although I'm watching the Burnley v Man United game and I think it might be. We struggle against teams who park the bus, and Burnley's bus is a great big fucker. I think their shortest player is about 7' 6" so I don't see Lanzini and Benrahma being too "up for it". And I think we need to add Balbuena to the mix to counter their aerial (only) threat. A definite 3 at the back requirement methinks.

Pretty it won't be, that's for sure.
Definitely play a three at the back. They are a fiendishly hard nut to crack. Score early doors would help obviously, but the longer it goes on, that bus as you say gets bigger.