Dan Kemp.

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Dan Kemp.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I always thought he was quite useful and maybe given time, break through to the first team.
Anyway fuck all that, we've sold him to the O's. Not a great transfer imo, but we'll never know if he was any good now, will we.
Well done Dave another piece of the asset striping jigsaw falls in to place.
Thoughts?
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Re: Dan Kemp.

Post by JayK »

Hopefully it’s the right move but he did always seem to be a key figure in the youth teams. I guess if he does come good he would’ve done it the hard way and will undoubtedly bag a Hatrick against us 😂
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Played for Blackpool last week against West Brom and played pretty well too.

Hopefully he’ll prove better than a league 2 player in time
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Saw him once in an U23 PSF against Barnet. Looked decent but there's a world of difference between that and the big time. And let's face it we haven't made too many mistakes when it comes to letting kids leave. They don't seem to ever come back to bite us on the arse.

Good luck to him but I doubt we'll hear much more about him tbh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Clubs let youth players leave all of the time. Calling it asset stripping is a stretch at best.
Flairon

garnett

Post by garnett »

Another nice guy, lacked natural ability imo but his work ethic is second to none, 1st in last to leave mentality, he will continue to improve.

I wish him well.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:55 am Another nice guy, lacked natural ability imo but his work ethic is second to none, 1st in last to leave mentality, he will continue to improve.

I wish him well.
If he's got a decent work ethic and an all round decent attitude he could have a respectable career round the lower levels.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Flairon wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:25 am Clubs let youth players leave all of the time. Calling it asset stripping is a stretch at best.

Fair enough regarding youth players. But what about not replacing squad players. What would you call it?
Snoddgrass and Haller being the latest to leave and not be replaced. Anderson out on loan. It's all about pound notes with these bastards.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:54 pm
Flairon wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:25 am Clubs let youth players leave all of the time. Calling it asset stripping is a stretch at best.

Fair enough regarding youth players. But what about not replacing squad players. What would you call it?
Snoddgrass and Haller being the latest to leave and not be replaced. Anderson out on loan. It's all about pound notes with these bastards.
Reading some of the comments here and elsewhere describing Haller and the Snodster as assets is a bit of a stretch. ;)

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:54 pm

Haller was a case of cutting their losses. Surely you can see that was not about "cashing in" "asset stripping"

Not too much money made in the other two. Whilst I share your frustration at not signing anyone new yet, the transfer window is not over yet.

Love them or hate them, we are in a better position than when they took over.
Flairon