Moyes--The Best We Can Hope For

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Moyes--The Best We Can Hope For

Post by Towie »

Can’t disagree with anything you say Whisyman.

If I’m honest would like a bit of style and swagger to our play which we have had in a couple of games to be fair.

I’m not a Moyes fan and never will be because of that, however I do appreciate the job he is doing with the constraints he has. He deserves his chance and should be offered a new deal, just hope he has the balls to demand some money for transfers if he does.

Though if he does resign due to lack of backing from owners, Scott Parker would be top of my list as replacement, doubt he would come though with them shites in charge.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

When the de-facto club dictator has demonstrated more desire to appoint family members than footballing people at board level then, for sure David Moyes is probably the best we will ever have under this regime.

A good old fashioned work ethic, not too many questions asked about spending and keeping that business-critical buffer between us and the trap door.

It’s a shame because with just a smidgeon of ambition above survival I think that Moyes and his management team have a decent chance of making us a regular top-tenner.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:32 pm Can’t disagree with anything you say Whisyman.

If I’m honest would like a bit of style and swagger to our play which we have had in a couple of games to be fair.

I’m not a Moyes fan and never will be because of that, however I do appreciate the job he is doing with the constraints he has. He deserves his chance and should be offered a new deal, just hope he has the balls to demand some money for transfers if he does.

Though if he does resign due to lack of backing from owners, Scott Parker would be top of my list as replacement, doubt he would come though with them shites in charge.
I think Parker's doing a decent job at Fulham. His recruitment has certainly improved their results, particularly the keeper, although he's only on loan (are you reading this Moysie ?) and the Danish bloke in the centre of defence. But I'm inclined to agree he wouldn't want to come and work with the Dildo Twins.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Fuck all this Moyes noshing

He has been a lucky cunt. With a full house at home he would never have got away with some of the negative, no lose shit he has served up. Let's see, if all the noshers are still happy with him, when they are paying good money to watch it
Covid in the Boardroom

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

jameskel wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:43 am Fuck all this Moyes noshing

He has been a lucky cunt. With a full house at home he would never have got away with some of the negative, no lose shit he has served up. Let's see, if all the noshers are still happy with him, when they are paying good money to watch it
This comment is basically a statement that the fans have a negative impact on the team and are better of playing in an empty stadium.

palerider

Post by palerider »

thomasswe wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:02 am
jameskel wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:43 am Fuck all this Moyes noshing

This comment is basically a statement that the fans have a negative impact on the team and are better of playing in an empty stadium.
Some will argue that no fans have helped us. Jeers and boos at the ILS have been common when things aren't going well. It's no good declaring this as sacrilege and we're all jellied-eel munching pearly Kings who'll spur the team on through thick and thin. It's a fact.

Although the few occasions we perform and entertain there, it's rocking, even if the nearest fan is in a different postcode.

The majority of the swivel-eyed cunts who follow the blunts will tell you it's the absence of inbreds at BDTBL that's caused their demise as they continue their march to Westminster.

So my view is that yes, Bugsy gets a decent mark. Maybe a B minus. Hard to beat and resilient but apart from one game and two separate first halves, dull as ditchwater at home. And arsehole lucky too as penalties were spurned.

The Messiah isn't the dullest manager in the league but he's in the top 6. Yet I suppose with the pragmatic view that staying up is the most important thing, he's ticking the boxes. But ffs, it's horrible to watch at times. But losing 5-4 is still nil points. So with a much-loved phrase I'll say be careful what you wish for. Mister Dead brought some thrills occasionally but was proof that without the bank-roll of an oil rich country he was fucking useless.

What I want is for Moyes to be more expansive once we get to 40 points. But I'd like to have a blow job from Jennifer Lawrence too.

And after young Basmati crosses London in the Summer, when his undeniable presence in midfield will be sorely missed we'll see if the Jock really does walk on water.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:40 pm I have to admit I'm happy with our season so far. I think the big difference is the togetherness brought about by Moyes and especially his backroom staff.
For years we were a lot of people's 2nd team and that's lovely, but if it means we get beat 7-6 and play great football then fuck that for a game of soldiers.
I want us to play some decent stuff of course, but I also want us to have that hard to beat nasty cuntox side. Far too many times in the past, we've rolled over and got done by shit teams, fuck that.
Untill we have got rid of these parasites it's about the best we can get. Better owners with a bit of ambition will hopefully arrive, untill then, he'll do for me.
Moyes nosher.

I bet you're sitting on the pavement on Sauchiehall Street right now with a bottle of Tesco own brand scotch yelling 'fuck off ya bassas' to the rozzers as they try to move you on.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Thomas, are you a forensic scientist?

My point is, he is getting away with football from the 80"s, do the paying public want to see that every other week. Did you enjoy watching Everton under Moyes?
Covid in the Boardroom

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

jameskel wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:25 am Thomas, are you a forensic scientist?

My point is, he is getting away with football from the 80"s, do the paying public want to see that every other week. Did you enjoy watching Everton under Moyes?
Some of our best football was from the 80’s

Never gave fucking Everton a thought nor remotely interested when Moyes at the helm tbh

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

jameskel wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:25 am Thomas, are you a forensic scientist?

I enjoy winning games and I enjoy the defensive aspect of the game.

Beats watching a team of "exiting" players underperform under Pellegrini.

Counter attacking is more enjoyable than parling the bus and hoof under Allardyce.

I enjoyed Benrahmas though ball to Bowen, back to Fornals, cross to Antonio tap in last game.

I like being exited whenever we have an attacking set piece.

I like not fearing a heart attack each time we concede a set pience or expect to concede a goal from a counter attack whenver we had an offensive corner.

It's abit dull at times sure and I wouldn't expect a neutral viewer without emotional investment in the game to be having the time of their life watching the game, but I don't think it's as dull as desribed. Most analysts and expert keep praising how we play.

Actually the most negative comments are from fans.

And if those fans negativity would cause the team to perform worse by moaning and booing they can stay the fuck home forever imo. I want to keep seeing the team I support win and not having to worry about relegation for once.
Last edited by thomasswe on Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.