Moyes--The Best We Can Hope For

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Moyes--The Best We Can Hope For

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:27 amNot bad
Don’t you fucking start :D

Moyes out !
Bring back Jonathon !

hd1

Post by hd1 »

jameskel wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:15 pm Terry, you seemed to have missed my point.

Moyes has been lucky, not the team, they have done well and far better than the 2 owners deserve.

If we had a full crowd, there is no way, Moyes could have played as he is, the pressure would have bee too much. One bad result, playing like Everton and the whole place would have gone off.

So Moyes style, has suited the training ground atmosphere. While sitting at home, the performance does not really matter, but if you are paying to go, then you want a bit more.
As I look around the prem, there seems to be goals everywhere, apart from us and Sheff Utd. Yet we have a line up of Fornals, Benrahma, Lanzini, Bowen. 4 Players who should be creating. But Moyes is so determined to get players behind the ball, you would have to be Mo Farrah to continue to get up an down.

so - Moyes is lucky, not the team, lockdown has played into his Dinosaur claws
The fact is, you make your own luck. He was always going to change the style of play whether we had crowds or not because without that we would be relegated.

I have to disagree that the crowd would have got on his back for winning games the way he has, yes we've had to grind some results out, but when the crowd see players putting the effort in they always get behind them.

As for goals, we're 10th in the table for goals scored with 27, Sheff Utd have scored 10 so the comparison is definitely not valid.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

39 points in total last season.

32 points secured thus far at the half way stage. That is a stat that does not lie and one you cannot really argue with.

Moyes has proved many of us wrong and I for one, will hold my hand up and admit ut.

Well Done Sir.

NOW IF YOU WOULD ONLY HURRY UP AND SIGN A COUPLE OF QUALITY STRIKERS.......... 😆
Flairon

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Flairon wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:33 am 39 points in total last season.

32 points secured thus far at the half way stage. That is a stat that does not lie and one you cannot really argue with.

Moyes has proved many of us wrong and I for one, will hold my hand up and admit ut.

Well Done Sir.

NOW IF YOU WOULD ONLY HURRY UP AND SIGN A COUPLE OF QUALITY STRIKERS.......... 😆
Doesn't even have to be of that high quality just enough strenght and pace to create space for our midfielders and give Antonio enough time to rest to minimize the risk of him getting injured.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:57 am
jameskel wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:15 pm Terry, you seemed to have missed my point.

Moyes has been lucky, not the team, they have done well and far better than the 2 owners deserve.

If we had a full crowd, there is no way, Moyes could have played as he is, the pressure would have bee too much. One bad result, playing like Everton and the whole place would have gone off.

So Moyes style, has suited the training ground atmosphere. While sitting at home, the performance does not really matter, but if you are paying to go, then you want a bit more.
As I look around the prem, there seems to be goals everywhere, apart from us and Sheff Utd. Yet we have a line up of Fornals, Benrahma, Lanzini, Bowen. 4 Players who should be creating. But Moyes is so determined to get players behind the ball, you would have to be Mo Farrah to continue to get up an down.

so - Moyes is lucky, not the team, lockdown has played into his Dinosaur claws
The fact is, you make your own luck. He was always going to change the style of play whether we had crowds or not because without that we would be relegated.

I have to disagree that the crowd would have got on his back for winning games the way he has, yes we've had to grind some results out, but when the crowd see players putting the effort in they always get behind them.

As for goals, we're 10th in the table for goals scored with 27, Sheff Utd have scored 10 so the comparison is definitely not valid.
I'm afraid I have to disagree about our crowd. As I've said before when I used to go every week I noticed an increase over the last few years in the number of people who seemed to be just waiting for a chance to moan. There was also an increasing tendency for certain players to be singled out for "special treatment" as well, which if you think about it is stupid. If a player, in my opinion for example, has played crap for weeks on end who should be criticised ? The player, who I'm sure isn't playing badly on purpose, or the manager who keeps picking him.

Sad to say but I think we are doing better because the players aren't having to deal with the pressure of playing in front of 60,000 critics every home match.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:29 am
hd1 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:57 am

I'm afraid I have to disagree about our crowd. As I've said before when I used to go every week I noticed an increase over the last few years in the number of people who seemed to be just waiting for a chance to moan. There was also an increasing tendency for certain players to be singled out for "special treatment" as well, which if you think about it is stupid. If a player, in my opinion for example, has played crap for weeks on end who should be criticised ? The player, who I'm sure isn't playing badly on purpose, or the manager who keeps picking him.

Sad to say but I think we are doing better because the players aren't having to deal with the pressure of playing in front of 60,000 critics every home match.
Yep,said it before now they got time to enjoy the football instead of having to deal with the negative vibes coming from the crowd. They can play with less added tension.and more openly.And lets face it, not all was directed at the players, the atmosphere all round was toxic making it not a very nice enviroment to play under.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:39 am
JayK wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:27 amNot bad
Don’t you fucking start :D

Moyes out !
🤣🤣🤣 sorry mate. I’m not a Moyes nosher by any stretch but he’s doing ok with what he’s got atm
COYI!!!