Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: Rice on the cheap

Post by Flairon »

If anything, I should think Man Spew is a more likely destination tbh. Whilst Lampard was keen on the lad, there does not seem to be any indication that Tuchel is.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:48 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:23 am

Don't disagree a Fornals type signing might not have been a priority at the time but imo to say signing him was a mistake is just, well, plain wrong. The bloke is a class act. Works his nuts off despite being played most of the time in a position which isn't his best. Imo he is the one player in the side who can find the key pass to create an opening but with the present set up difficult to see how he can be accommodated in the centre of midfield.

Benrahma ? Juries out for me. Time is on his side and at least, unlike a lot of previous West Ham signings, he has the opportunity of playing in a decent side. But for me at the moment too much of a show pony. Lots of fancy looking tricks and flicks, not enough thought about his end product. But that said there are signs of improvement from when he first arrived so fingers crossed.
Spose,trying to draw a comparison...be like us signing say Keiron Trippier,cracking player,would love him here,but do we need
him...no.
25 Mill we spend on him should go towards a CF..gotta have a Balanced Squad...Peller imo made it unbalanced.

I would start Fornals over Ben today,but prefer Ben as a player...it's about utilizing the whole squad on a Match by
Match Bases.....Fornals today would be more effective in closing City down than Ben...
Maybe get Ben on for Bowen or Micky Later...switch it round a bit..
He's a really good player no doubt,and will get better,but seems to need a bit to much time on the ball,and not quite
sure what to do with it at times...you watch Lingard,straight away knows what he gonna do and his options.
Sometimes, quite often in fact, a player appearing to take too much time on the ball isn't down to him. It's the lack of options available. Antonio, for all his industry and strength, very much plus points, is one of the dimmest footballers on the planet when it comes to "the big picture" which makes it harder for those feeding him.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:50 am If you know it for a fact then say so mate . In that post above you sound like Hugh Southen.
Well there is the fact that there is absolutely no direct quote or statement from anyone in the club, so I'd say that is fairly conclusive

palerider

Rice to City ?

Post by palerider »

A report in the Times, not a rag, suggests that City will turn to Declan Rice if Fernandinho leaves in the summer. They're considering a one year contract extension but he is 36.

As one of the very few clubs who could test our resolve with the 'taking Bank of England money' to get him, who knows ?

But the dwarf must be getting his first lob-on for decades.

tassiehammer

Re: Rice to City ?

Post by tassiehammer »

palerider wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:01 am A report in the Times, not a rag, suggests that City will turn to Declan Rice if Fernandinho leaves in the summer. They're considering a one year contract extension but he is 36.

As one of the very few clubs who could test our resolve with the 'taking Bank of England money' to get him, who knows ?

But, bbbbut, we still got a chance of euro glory.....
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

JayK

Post by JayK »

Hopefully bullshit news.

Dec is an automatic choice in our starting 11, soon to be permanent captain (once Nobes hangs up his boots), the team unity has never been better and he can see what Moyes is building and wants to be an integral part of that.
All that is in our favour but the dwarf has to refuse the big dollars or he’s gone. I’m not confident in the dwarf
COYI!!!

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Don't think he's a City type player to be fair, I'd be far more worried if they cast an eye towards Soucek. City still have Rodri on their books so I can't see them splashing out hugely on a DM who's likely to be a bench warmer for large parts of the season, unless its for someone like Kimmich who's also a top class right back.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:24 am Hopefully bullshit news.

Dec is an automatic choice in our starting 11, soon to be permanent captain (once Nobes hangs up his boots), the team unity has never been better and he can see what Moyes is building and wants to be an integral part of that.
All that is in our favour but the dwarf has to refuse the big dollars or he’s gone. I’m not confident in the dwarf
If this isn't bullshit... and it's a big if:

There's nothing that we could offer him that couldn't be bettered by City, except maybe the captaincy.

He would be thrust into playing with and against the world's best almost immediately.

He'd have the best manager/s and coaching staff available to him, as well as state of the art training facilities.

His skill would improve immeasurably in light of the previous two points, and his contribution to the national team would likely leave more of a legacy.

Higher wage.

He'd have to live in Manchester though... :?

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:01 am A report in the Times, not a rag, suggests that City will turn to Declan Rice if Fernandinho leaves in the summer. They're considering a one year contract extension but he is 36.

Hopefully it does not happen but if it did I would wish Dec well and they are the one club I would have no issue with him joining.

They would pay a decent fee and get it done early as well.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:43 am
JayK wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:24 am Hopefully bullshit news.

If this isn't bullshit... and it's a big if:

There's nothing that we could offer him that couldn't be bettered by City, except maybe the captaincy.

He would be thrust into playing with and against the world's best almost immediately.

He'd have the best manager/s and coaching staff available to him, as well as state of the art training facilities.

His skill would improve immeasurably in light of the previous two points, and his contribution to the national team would likely leave more of a legacy.

Higher wage.

He'd have to live in Manchester though... :?
Yes one of the gated mansions in leafy cheshire would be tough. Probably only be able to park seven cars on the drive as well. And parking is probably important for a young aspiring multi-millionaire.