Jesse Lingard....yay or nay ?....

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Jesse Lingard....yay or nay ?....

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:03 am
palerider wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:03 am Welcome Jesse.

I hope it works out.

I can't see the point of the deal personally without an option to buy as it looks like United are just playing us but the Bugster has earned the right to make the decision and if it maintains or, dare I say it, even improves our position, then it's got some merit.
Imo it's a win-win. Whatever we think of Lingard as a player, and I readily admit I've never understood why he is so highly rated, Moyes clearly wanted him. If he's a success he might be the player who helps us to our best season since 85/86. We win and Man U win and get back a reinvigorated player. If he proves to be crap neither party really loses, apart from the fact we will have paid a loan fee and 6 months salary for a dud. And he goes back. An example of the loan system benefiting both clubs and, presumably, the player himself.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Well fuck my old boots. Not a bad start eh? A bit livlier with his movement and goal celebrations than the 40 million geezer we let go for half price. :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

great to be proved wrong

and why did manure not play him

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Seen a fair bit of him over the years and he is an undoubted talent. Last night he linked the play front to back better than we have been for a while. He's also got a decent shot on him (although both of his goals last night were imo goal keeper errors). Also thought he did well to last the match having not played much. Overall could be a decent few months for him and us.

Got to feel a bit for bowen and fornal who looked particularly pissed off when he came on last night. Hope moyes can keep them both happy.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:22 am Seen a fair bit of him over the years and he is an undoubted talent. Last night he linked the play front to back better than we have been for a while. He's also got a decent shot on him (although both of his goals last night were imo goal keeper errors). Also thought he did well to last the match having not played much. Overall could be a decent few months for him and us.

Got to feel a bit for bowen and fornal who looked particularly pissed off when he came on last night. Hope moyes can keep them both happy.
Wouldn't fault the keeper for the first one myself but should have dealt with the second.

I was surprised with the team selection last night and thought we should have benched Benrahma and played Fornals in centre mid. But Benrahma had, arguably, his best game for us by some distance and even Fredericks, who effectively replaced Bowen, looked decent last night. Moyes got it spot on. Grealish was totally ineffective.

I guess it's a problem Moyes is happy to have. Same situation with Balbuena. Only lost his place through injury and now Dawson has his shirt. Competition for places can't be a bad thing.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:29 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:22 am Seen a fair bit of him over the years and he is an undoubted talent. Last night he linked the play front to back better than we have been for a while. He's also got a decent shot on him (although both of his goals last night were imo goal keeper errors). Also thought he did well to last the match having not played much. Overall could be a decent few months for him and us.

Wouldn't fault the keeper for the first one myself but should have dealt with the second.

I was surprised with the team selection last night and thought we should have benched Benrahma and played Fornals in centre mid. But Benrahma had, arguably, his best game for us by some distance and even Fredericks, who effectively replaced Bowen, looked decent last night. Moyes got it spot on. Grealish was totally ineffective.

I guess it's a problem Moyes is happy to have. Same situation with Balbuena. Only lost his place through injury and now Dawson has his shirt. Competition for places can't be a bad thing.
Was very surprised by the inclusion of Lingard into the starting eleven ( not because he lacks talent ) , it was a weird selection from Moyes but was nice to see , I wanted to see Fredericks in for Bowen ,think he did a dam fine job , as did Lingard .
Competition for places is what we need , all we need need now is a couple of strikers , a LB or RB and a CM , oh and a Keeper in the summer , not much to ask for :roll: .

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Is there an option to buy at season end..and what will will Manure likely want for him ?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:57 am Is there an option to buy at season end..and what will will Manure likely want for him ?
No option to buy I believe
But would command a heavy price I reckon if he continues the way he has started for us.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Well i was wrong about this signing, not that he is a bad player by any means, just that I didnt think hed offer more than what we already had in that position. In my mind i was expecting something like Nasri when he was here.

But he elevated our game yesterday, i know its only one game in but i was very impressed.

h69

Post by h69 »

thomasswe wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:45 pm Well i was wrong about this signing, not that he is a bad player by any means, just that I didnt think hed offer more than what we already had in that position. In my mind i was expecting something like Nasri when he was here.

But he elevated our game yesterday, i know its only one game in but i was very impressed.
Even without his goals. His energy and willingness to run into space and shoot on sight early made a huge difference and maybe he ends up being similar to Bowen but it means we are able to rotate players as we are playing every 3 days at present.

High Energy levels are a reason we are where we are and that is very difficult to maintain