Jesse Lingard....yay or nay ?....

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Jesse Lingard....yay or nay ?....

Post by palerider »

It's nice that people are so understanding.

But by sheer coincidence it's happened again. I had the heating on too high and was doing the chores au naturel when a Kylie video appeared on tv and I momentarily took my eye off the job in hand.

What are the chances ?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:15 am It's nice that people are so understanding.

But by sheer coincidence it's happened again. I had the heating on too high and was doing the chores au naturel when a Kylie video appeared on tv and I momentarily took my eye off the job in hand.

What are the chances ?
Many's the time I've stained the bloomers when that little minx shows up on TV. One minute you're there cleaning the Axminster and the next you're Frankie dettori giddyupping round the front room emptying the sack.

I may have to unload again, I'm feeling a bit of a build up in the old testes.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Could be a worrying sign if Solskjaar did get the old tin tac by the end of the season,because the new manager would probably want to keep him.

The last 60 minutes yesterday could also make him think,would this be the right move for me?

palerider

Post by palerider »

I believe Leicester are also very interested.

And much as he's clearly enjoying life at the ILS. presumably because of the high-speed transport links, the lure of European football may be the clincher and they're far more likely to achieve it than us.

palerider

Post by palerider »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:59 am Could be a worrying sign if Solskjaar did get the old tin tac by the end of the season,because the new manager would probably want to keep him.

The last 60 minutes yesterday could also make him think,would this be the right move for me?
I thought the same, although his great goal aside, he didn't cover himself in glory yesterday. Gonzo and Geo were right. He did little to help out the defensive side which is a must under the Messiah.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:08 am I believe Leicester are also very interested.

And much as he's clearly enjoying life at the ILS. presumably because of the high-speed transport links, the lure of European football may be the clincher and they're far more likely to achieve it than us.
If we qualify for Europe I think we have a realistic chance of him wanting to stay. But if we should fail to qualify for any sort of European competition imo it will be much more difficult to keep him and, for that matter, the likes of Rice, Soucek and Coufal if the bigger fish come circling.

Ironically I think Leicester, like us, would be better off qualifying for the Europa League. Like us I don't see them being good enough to comopete against the top CL sides whereas we would both have a chance of a run in the Europa League. Not winning the bloody thing of course but some sort of run in it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:42 am
palerider wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:08 am I believe Leicester are also very interested.

If we qualify for Europe I think we have a realistic chance of him wanting to stay. But if we should fail to qualify for any sort of European competition imo it will be much more difficult to keep him and, for that matter, the likes of Rice, Soucek and Coufal if the bigger fish come circling.

Ironically I think Leicester, like us, would be better off qualifying for the Europa League. Like us I don't see them being good enough to comopete against the top CL sides whereas we would both have a chance of a run in the Europa League. Not winning the bloody thing of course but some sort of run in it.
As many will know, I regard the Europa League as a poor relation. A sibling you try to keep hidden away, feeding him pizza under a locked door so you don't have to see him.

But IF qualification meant that Big Jesse would put pen to paper and Declan would be happy to stay for a couple more seasons I'd be dusting off my passport and learning Albanian for 'Oi John ! Another beer !. And be quick about it !'

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:15 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:42 am

As many will know, I regard the Europa League as a poor relation. A sibling you try to keep hidden away, feeding him pizza under a locked door so you don't have to see him.

But IF qualification meant that Big Jesse would put pen to paper and Declan would be happy to stay for a couple more seasons I'd be dusting off my passport and learning Albanian for 'Oi John ! Another beer !. And be quick about it !'
It is the poor relation to the CL. Of course it is. But it's the only hope clubs like us have of getting a crack at European football. And would immediately come ahead of the two domestic cups in importance for the clubs who qualify for it I would imagine.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Next season there are only 2 slots in the Europa League

The third slot is the Europa Conference - I shit you not.

Assuming City win the lot then place 5 and 6 are EL and 7 would be Conference.

palerider

Post by palerider »

only1salty wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:52 pm Next season there are only 2 slots in the Europa League

The third slot is the Europa Conference - I shit you not.

Assuming City win the lot then place 5 and 6 are EL and 7 would be Conference.
The Europa Conference is however still Europe.

July Thursday nights in Uzbekistan it is then.

If we're lucky.