Jesse Lingard....yay or nay ?....

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Jesse Lingard....yay or nay ?....

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:05 am
Rick_Deckard wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:57 am Is there an option to buy at season end..and what will will Manure likely want for him ?
No option to buy I believe
But would command a heavy price I reckon if he continues the way he has started for us.
If he continues the way he started Man United will more than likely want him back.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

Initially I was indifferent to nay as over here in Canada Im more familiar with the social media JLingz, but quite happy to have at least the one body in the transfer window. I got more excited about it as everyone else seemed happy and positive about it.

Then yesterday happened.

Maybe I am the eternal pessimist West Ham fan, but I just hope that wasn't a one off high and things won't taper off to a little more mediocre. Just trying not to get way too excited on one performance and truly hope this is what we will see for the rest of the season.

As for contracts, they basically tell the bank how much to transfer each week, they can be amended or changed at any time, Arnie got through them like TP. If we keep him I just hope it is not in some sort of swap deal with Dec.

My overall conclusion is Moyes knows what he is doing with his transfers and we - and more importantly GSB - have to trust him.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BCHammer wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:20 pm Initially I was indifferent to nay as over here in Canada Im more familiar with the social media JLingz, but quite happy to have at least the one body in the transfer window. I got more excited about it as everyone else seemed happy and positive about it.

Then yesterday happened.

Maybe I am the eternal pessimist West Ham fan, but I just hope that wasn't a one off high and things won't taper off to a little more mediocre. Just trying not to get way too excited on one performance and truly hope this is what we will see for the rest of the season.

As for contracts, they basically tell the bank how much to transfer each week, they can be amended or changed at any time, Arnie got through them like TP. If we keep him I just hope it is not in some sort of swap deal with Dec.

My overall conclusion is Moyes knows what he is doing with his transfers and we - and more importantly GSB - have to trust him.
My view was that if Moyes wanted him we should back his judgment. After all Coufal, Soucek and Bowen haven't turned out too badly have they ? And even Benrahma has started to look as if he might develop into something a bit good.

Imo it was a win/win. If it goes tits up we will only have lost the loan fee but if it works we could enjoy more games like last night and Man United will get back a reinvigorated player. Which of course is also a downside for us because if he keeps on turning in performances like Wednesday there is no way we will be able to afford the fee man United will want. And that's assuming they will still want to sell which they probably won't.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

If he plays like that only every fifth game, he’ll be an improvement on Haller and Anderson.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:05 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:05 am

No option to buy I believe
But would command a heavy price I reckon if he continues the way he has started for us.
If he continues the way he started Man United will more than likely want him back.
I'm not convinced they will tbh but the price will rise exponentially putting him well out of the reach of the dwarf's grubby fingers.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

It is of course difficult to say yay or nay off the back of only one game.

If however you are basing it on the one game, then the answer surely has to be yay.
Flairon

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:47 am If he plays like that only every fifth game, he’ll be an improvement on Haller and Anderson.
Two tailors dummies would be an improvement on that fucking pair of wasters.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Would imagine Him, Ben -Bowen-Micky will end up being first choice,Means a bit of bench time for Fornals and Lanza...
That's a shame...but that's where we need to be if we wanna be a decent side,having that quality on bench,
Yarmo as well..he's a good player would get into a lot of sides in the PL.

Think Lanza will be off end of the year...almost certain if we get Lingard to stay,and reckon thats poss..20/25 Mill or so
might get him...last year of contract at Mancs I believe ,they don't need him,if he wants to come reckon we can do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Be lucky to get £12 M for Lanzini and Yarmalenko I reckon
saying that every little helps.

Most of the deadwood hopefully cleared then we start afresh.

palerider

Post by palerider »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:58 pm Would imagine Him, Ben -Bowen-Micky will end up being first choice,Means a bit of bench time for Fornals and Lanza...
That's a shame...but that's where we need to be if we wanna be a decent side,having that quality on bench,
Yarmo as well..he's a good player would get into a lot of sides in the PL.

Think Lanza will be off end of the year...almost certain if we get Lingard to stay,and reckon thats poss..20/25 Mill or so
might get him...last year of contract at Mancs I believe ,they don't need him,if he wants to come reckon we can do it.
If they get this striker who's the Messiah's first choice, Yousef Thingy, he'll cost 35m. Jesse would cost at least 25m. To get both, even allowing for the sale of deadwood would only be possible one way and we all know what that one is.