Aston Villa vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Aston Villa vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

A refreshing change to see hunger effort desire mobility skill and awareness in our front line instead of that lazy miserable fucking plank of wood Haller.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

A Dull 0-0 against Fulham...and..Bug Eyes out again........ :lol:

Chuffed with that...thought it was gonna be a tougher game.

Really enjoying watching Moyes build this side, impressive...Tightened us up,sorted the FB situation out,got a box
to boxer in,then some quality attacking Mfers...so we attack thru the middle not just out wide...introduced a great team
Spirit and work ethic.....Him, coaches and staff have done a great job...and trying to ease Nobes out with Compassion
and dignity cant be easy...Handling that really well IMO,Cos end of day think he is a hard arse and will do what needs to be
done...Dropping Fornals,when he been Playing pretty well shows that...Team Comes First.
For squad Balance sake...one of Fornals or Lanzini or maybe Bowen should have been omitted for Nobes,whatever you
think of Nobes he can play the Defensive sitter MF role...we lose Dec or Tomas in a game,how do we set up,
Can only think of shoving Vlad across..and Fred or Ben J FBacking.
Just another piece of the jigsaw needs looking at,we need cover there,or someone that can step in...we're heavy attack
minded Mfers Light on Defensive ones.

Moyes....Just want a Euro Quali Mate.. Top London Side...Cup Semi...not after the fuckin title...take it easy.... :lol:

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

All the talk last night obviously about Lingard, Coufal and Soucek but I have to admit, I thought Fredericks, playing in an unfamiliar role didn't embarrass himself at all.

I've always had a bug bear with managers who play players out of their natural positions but Moyes actually does seem to have a bit of an eye for these things.

Fredericks at RM might turn out to be quite the revelation, his pace is an advantage in that position and his RB roots makes sure that he attends to his tracking back and defensive duties. I thought he was pretty good last night and on another night might even have registered an assist or two. Be interesting to see how this develops during the rest of the season and having extra competition for that spot certainly isn't going to do us any harm at all.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

JayK

Post by JayK »

tassiehammer wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:26 am
eskimo joe wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:36 am Ask Liverpool a similar question re last nights results. But i didnt see their game, just the result.Think we have fared better against teams Liverpool have struggled with,well result wise. Strange game is footy.
Perhaps Liverpool can only perform on the big stage ;) ;)
Love it :lol:
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:10 am A refreshing change to see hunger effort desire mobility skill and awareness in our front line instead of that lazy miserable fucking plank of wood Haller.
Yup !

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:10 am A refreshing change to see hunger effort desire mobility skill and awareness in our front line instead of that lazy miserable fucking plank of wood Haller.
Indeed.
The Villa lads on YouTube gave an honest appraisal on proceedings and said we very much deserved the win.
The thing I liked was after they'd scored to make it 2-1, there was none of this hiding shite, it was a matter of, no big deal, we'll just go and get another one mentality. Fucking loved that.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

h69

Post by h69 »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:17 pm A Dull 0-0 against Fulham...and..Bug Eyes out again........ :lol:

Chuffed with that...thought it was gonna be a tougher game.

Really enjoying watching Moyes build this side, impressive...Tightened us up,sorted the FB situation out,got a box
to boxer in,then some quality attacking Mfers...so we attack thru the middle not just out wide...introduced a great team
Spirit and work ethic.....Him, coaches and staff have done a great job...and trying to ease Nobes out with Compassion
and dignity cant be easy...Handling that really well IMO,Cos end of day think he is a hard arse and will do what needs to be
done...Dropping Fornals,when he been Playing pretty well shows that...Team Comes First.
For squad Balance sake...one of Fornals or Lanzini or maybe Bowen should have been omitted for Nobes,whatever you
think of Nobes he can play the Defensive sitter MF role...we lose Dec or Tomas in a game,how do we set up,
Can only think of shoving Vlad across..and Fred or Ben J FBacking.
Just another piece of the jigsaw needs looking at,we need cover there,or someone that can step in...we're heavy attack
minded Mfers Light on Defensive ones.

Moyes....Just want a Euro Quali Mate.. Top London Side...Cup Semi...not after the fuckin title...take it easy.... :lol:
Solid at the back, dangerous up front, shooting more than the opposition and also surprisingly fit and scoring goals in the last few mins of games

h69

Post by h69 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:02 pm
Indeed.
The Villa lads on YouTube gave an honest appraisal on proceedings and said we very much deserved the win.
The thing I liked was after they'd scored to make it 2-1, there was none of this hiding shite, it was a matter of, no big deal, we'll just go and get another one mentality. Fucking loved that.
Agree with that. The same as last week where we went a goal down early. There seems to be real belief in the team now which I dont remember seeing for years to be honest.

The Villa fans on their forum were the same......they all felt we outplayed them

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:49 pm All the talk last night obviously about Lingard, Coufal and Soucek but I have to admit, I thought Fredericks, playing in an unfamiliar role didn't embarrass himself at all.

I've always had a bug bear with managers who play players out of their natural positions but Moyes actually does seem to have a bit of an eye for these things.

Fredericks at RM might turn out to be quite the revelation, his pace is an advantage in that position and his RB roots makes sure that he attends to his tracking back and defensive duties. I thought he was pretty good last night and on another night might even have registered an assist or two. Be interesting to see how this develops during the rest of the season and having extra competition for that spot certainly isn't going to do us any harm at all.
You could be right. Fredericks issue as a RB is that he has no defensive nous at all. A bit like Masuaku the other side. But he actually looked something like a PL standard footballer yesterday which was a nice change. He actually might be able to do a holding midfield job in an emergency imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:11 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:49 pm All the talk last night obviously about Lingard, Coufal and Soucek but I have to admit, I thought Fredericks, playing in an unfamiliar role didn't embarrass himself at all.

You could be right. Fredericks issue as a RB is that he has no defensive nous at all. A bit like Masuaku the other side. But he actually looked something like a PL standard footballer yesterday which was a nice change. He actually might be able to do a holding midfield job in an emergency imo.
Not that dissimilar to the Arfur and Cresswell combo on the left to start the season, made a better player out of both of them.
#fuckqatar2022