Fulham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Fulham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our superb away win at Aston Villa and wiping out Grealish was an icing on my cake, the C & H discover that our 3rd away kits has 100% away win record since we beat Leeds in early December. Hope to keep the 3rd kits on against Fulham.

It will be another tough match as Fulham are fighting for their lives and they are determined to outran us so we need to be on extra guard. Bowen could return and Fornals will find replacing Lingard more harder now as Lingard is a top player. Hope Antonio will score this time..

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Dawson
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Rice
Soucek

Bowen
Lingard
Benrahma

Antonio

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Dwayne Pipes

Re: Fulham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Nothing I’d like more than to put Parker’s butlers
further in the fucking shit

1-3

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Well done Ibbs, be interesting to see whether Fredricks keeps his place. He performed very well.

Scott Parker is insisting, with 17 games left, Fulham are still capable of escaping relegation. Let's hope he still feels that way with 16 left.

I would be tempted to keep the same XI that played so convincingly at Villa Park; but with the 5th round cup tie on Tuesday, that might force some changes. Be interesting to see how DM uses and shares the squad over these two games. Or specifically which one Antonio plays in.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

I have an eye on the Utd cup game on Tuesday, we have to win that, to me that takes priority over this Fulham game. They just won 9-0 and I hope Moyes doesn't do what he did against Liverpool, at least a point is not an option so maybe he will go for it. Hopefully Utd will have greater interest in the league, though if I was Ole I would be desperate for any form of silverware.

We are good enough that we can win both, we have to believe that and most importantly I think the team does too. Lingard of course has to play after that performance and is cup tied and wouldn't play against his parent even if he wasn't.

I think Moyes has pulled a blinder with Fredericks RW against Grealish and the only time Coufal has looked troubled was vs Rashford. So with that in mind Id go with Bowen and basically play the Villa team vs Utd with Fornals to replace Lingard. I think our defensive 6 are fit enough to play both games, though I wouldn't complain if Balbuena & Johnson came in for Fulham.

Antonio is a tough one, I would be tempted to wrap him in cotton wool and start Yarmo in this one, if he has Lingard behind him I think he will be a lot better. We can bring Antonio on if it is not working

Fab
Coufal Dawson Oggy Cress
Soucek Rice
Bowen Lingard Benny
Yarmo

h69

Post by h69 »

BCHammer wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:07 pm I have an eye on the Utd cup game on Tuesday, we have to win that, to me that takes priority over this Fulham game. They just won 9-0 and I hope Moyes doesn't do what he did against Liverpool, at least a point is not an option so maybe he will go for it. Hopefully Utd will have greater interest in the league, though if I was Ole I would be desperate for any form of silverware.

We are good enough that we can win both, we have to believe that and most importantly I think the team does too. Lingard of course has to play after that performance and is cup tied and wouldn't play against his parent even if he wasn't.

I think Moyes has pulled a blinder with Fredericks RW against Grealish and the only time Coufal has looked troubled was vs Rashford. So with that in mind Id go with Bowen and basically play the Villa team vs Utd with Fornals to replace Lingard. I think our defensive 6 are fit enough to play both games, though I wouldn't complain if Balbuena & Johnson came in for Fulham.

Antonio is a tough one, I would be tempted to wrap him in cotton wool and start Yarmo in this one, if he has Lingard behind him I think he will be a lot better. We can bring Antonio on if it is not working

Fab
Coufal Dawson Oggy Cress
Soucek Rice
Bowen Lingard Benny
Yarmo

I'm not sure what Moyes 'did' against Liverpool.

It certainly was not to have them play any differently as we didnt do that against City or Man Utd IMO and we started with much the same team as the previous week where we crucified Palace. For me it was down to the players as Moyes also seemed disappointed with the way they played.

Вест Хам

Post by Вест Хам »

I'd like to see ST Yarmolenko, at least as a substitute if not as a starter.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:59 pm Well done Ibbs, be interesting to see whether Fredricks keeps his place. He performed very well.

Scott Parker is insisting, with 17 games left, Fulham are still capable of escaping relegation. Let's hope he still feels that way with 16 left.

I would be tempted to keep the same XI that played so convincingly at Villa Park; but with the 5th round cup tie on Tuesday, that might force some changes. Be interesting to see how DM uses and shares the squad over these two games. Or specifically which one Antonio plays in.
Cheers mate....

Wondered if Antonio will start against Fulham but rested against Man Utd in FA Cup which Yarmolenko will deputise. This is the best scenario.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:59 pm Well done Ibbs, be interesting to see whether Fredricks keeps his place. He performed very well.

Fredericks did OK at Villa but , tbh, I doubt he'll keep his place. I'm guessing he was picked for the specific purpose of doubling up on Grealish with Coufal. Fulham don't have a Grealish so I would expect either Fornals or Bowen, possibly even both, to return.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Would bring bowen in for freddie and keep lingard in place. He's clearly cup tied so no point not playing him in this. Against utd would love to see fornals playing the lingard role in centre rather than stuck on the wing.

Goes against the grain for me to be confident in any game and i think Fulham will be a tougher test than we all think, i also hope our confidence doesnt breed complacency in this.

Tbh i'm not entirely sure what would change my attitude to being confident towards my team, its the best season for a very long time and we are playing some very decent footy...and yet. Fast forward to this time next season when (hopefully) crowds are back and we haven't lost our best players and we are challenging top 6..maybe then :)

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

There are no "easy" games...but if we play like we did against Villains then we really should brush the cottagers aside..they have no real threats like Grealish, Watkins, Traore, Khazi etc.
Our confidence must be at its highest level for yonks , Jess should be able to carve them up same as Villains, maybe not score twice but nevertheless,tear them a new one..
Get Antonio some kit that fits, at the very least shorts and that should allow him to open up and fire on all cylinders again....