Man Utd vs West Ham FA Cup Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Man Utd vs West Ham FA Cup Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:13 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:01 pm

I think that speaks absolute volumes and just adds to the question why the actual fuck didn't we sign a striker? If that dirty fucker Costa is still available sign him the fuck up sharpish.
At least Johnson showed what a good footballer he is. Like to see more of him.

Rice looks jaded, result of all the games. Antonio injured, his substitute injured and then his substitute substituted. It's all a bit fucked

Credit for the effort and Dawson again superb. Ogbonna injured.

We need to start using Benrahma and Lanzini in tandem. That combo suggests something promising.

In terms of a striker, I doubt Bowen up top is the answer. Treading water now until May
Well bowen isn't the answer out wide either , may well be better up front at least he won't have to think about having to pass it , unless its into the back of the net .

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Just what's the point of tonight?.
5th round of the cup, you would have thought it was a relegation dogfight we were in.
Defend for our lives and hope to nick a goal.
One off game, anything can happen, go out fighting if that's what it takes.
He didn't give us a chance with that selection, and it's fucking infuriating.

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

That was really disappointing because like against Liverpool, Man United were there for the taking because despite having the ball most of the time we weren't good enough and didn't seem up for it.

It was better in the second half but the quality just wasn't there to cause them any problems and it seemed we had no idea how to break them down and the number of times we slowed the play down and the number of wrong decisions was very frustrating. The two injuries didn't obviously help and was unfortunate but that's the point of having depth in the squad to have a striker and midfielder to be able to bring on to influence and change the game, unfortunately we don't have anyone to do that, as both Soucek and Rice look very leggy and tired and it showed with Rice losing the ball in another good position and they go down the other end and score, so no excuses not to have decent replacements.

The subs Moyes did make was wrong as well, as someone said earlier in this thread why did he bring on Odubeko instead of Benrahma or Lanzini? Or play Odubeko from the start and bring Yarmolenko on if need be. Wrong tactics again today as yet again, especially for the first half we were set up to sit deep and let them come on to us, as we showed this kind of team too much respect again! As I said it was better in the second half as we pressed more and seem to want it a bit more but still wasn't good enough and too slow.

As I said above, it was very disappointing and obviously a real shame and a great opportunity to have a decent chance to go further in the competition, since we are comfortable in the league. With better depth and strength in the squad, then why could we not do well in the FA Cup and perhaps getting to the final and god forbid even win it and still do well in the league? Maybe one day we will :o
Last edited by hamstew on Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Glad I was only subject to the 2nd half and extra time. 1st half sounded wank in the car but didn’t help by mark hughes boring as fuck on the commentary team.

Who said we don’t need another striker and cover for rice and Soucek? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
COYI!!!

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

14 attempts to win as an opposing manger at Old Trafford.
Still waiting.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Castiron wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:55 pm 14 attempts to win as an opposing manger at Old Trafford.
Still waiting.
Let’s be honest, he found it difficult winning while he was manager there
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

JayK wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:50 pm Glad I was only subject to the 2nd half and extra time. 1st half sounded wank in the car but didn’t help by mark hughes boring as fuck on the commentary team.

Who said we don’t need another striker and cover for rice and Soucek? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
You've been out dogging again Jay?
Splendid.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Castiron wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:03 pm I can't stick up for Moyes tonight. Shit fucking selection. How to fuck up a kids confidence.
Absolute joke of a decision to bring him on before Benrahma or Lanzini.
People shouting to play the “kid “ up front he puts him
on
Looked like he didn’t want to be on the fucking pitch
Very slow for a young un.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Moyes: "We're gonna play for the point".

Nolan: "It's the cup Dave".

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:04 pm
Castiron wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:03 pm I can't stick up for Moyes tonight. Shit fucking selection. How to fuck up a kids confidence.
Absolute joke of a decision to bring him on before Benrahma or Lanzini.
People shouting to play the “kid “ up front he puts him
on
Looked like he didn’t want to be on the fucking pitch
Very slow for a young un.
I'm not one of the shouters just to be clear.