What will be our Final position and other questions?

Chat about anything football related here!
brookingslovechild

Re: What will be our Final position and other questions?

Post by brookingslovechild »

dorsetdano wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:59 am Everyone is going to laugh at me, but here it goes:-

2nd
+16

Here's my reckoning. Citeh and all of the teams around us are involved in one other important competitions (to their owners) at least. All the clubs are claiming their players are knackered, and results are backing that up. From now to the end of the season we only have one week where we play two games.

United (4 points ahead) are still in the FA Cup and Europa League, they will get to the next round of the Europa so that is a minimum of 4 more games than us (could be up to 11). Yes they have a big squad, but whenever Bruno Fernandez doesn't play they look shit and the guy is knackered.
Leicester (4 points ahead) also still in the FA Cup & Europa League, they will also play a minimum of 4 more games than us (could be to 11)
Chelsea also still in FA Cup & Champions League they will play a minimum of 3 more games than us (could be up to 10). Teucel is already beginning to lose it, subbing Hudson-Odoi 30 mins after he'd come on as a sub, will cause resentment in the squad. Also he continues to pick Werner when the guy is out of form/knackered. Chelsea's squad is a nightmare
Liverpool absolutely ravaged by injuries 5 points behind us, in Champions League; they will play a minimum of 2 more games (could be up to 7)
Everton 5 points behind and also still in the FA Cup, have one game in hand (unfortunately its vs WBA away) minimum 2 more games than us (could be 5)
Villa 9 points behind us, two games in hand; Grealish is injured
Spurs 9 points behind us , one game in hand. In League Cup final and Europa League, Minimum 4 more games than us, could be 8 more)
Arsenal 11 points behind us, minimum 3 more games, could be 7 more games.

Covid could trip up any of the above (or us)!

We need the key members of the squad to stay fit, Rice, Soucek, Dawson (can't believe I'm saying that), Fabianski, Ogbonna, Soufal, Lingard, Antonio. We also need some decisions going our way. Having had only one penalty this season is ridiculous. COYI
cant fault your reasoning Dano! would be an amazing achievement , either way its been a blast so far with a limited squad(which i think has actually been one of the reasons they've done so well) . Personally hoping top 6 and a chance for the board to engage in some serious strengthening to the squad. I think they will be running on empty by the summer, and then have the euros for a lot of the 1st eleven.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:40 am
dorsetdano wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:59 am Everyone is going to laugh at me, but here it goes:-

2nd
+16

Here's my reckoning. Citeh and all of the teams around us are involved in one other important competitions (to their owners) at least. All the clubs are claiming their players are knackered, and results are backing that up. From now to the end of the season we only have one week where we play two games.

United (4 points ahead) are still in the FA Cup and Europa League, they will get to the next round of the Europa so that is a minimum of 4 more games than us (could be up to 11). Yes they have a big squad, but whenever Bruno Fernandez doesn't play they look shit and the guy is knackered.
Leicester (4 points ahead) also still in the FA Cup & Europa League, they will also play a minimum of 4 more games than us (could be to 11)
Chelsea also still in FA Cup & Champions League they will play a minimum of 3 more games than us (could be up to 10). Teucel is already beginning to lose it, subbing Hudson-Odoi 30 mins after he'd come on as a sub, will cause resentment in the squad. Also he continues to pick Werner when the guy is out of form/knackered. Chelsea's squad is a nightmare
Liverpool absolutely ravaged by injuries 5 points behind us, in Champions League; they will play a minimum of 2 more games (could be up to 7)
Everton 5 points behind and also still in the FA Cup, have one game in hand (unfortunately its vs WBA away) minimum 2 more games than us (could be 5)
Spurs 9 points behind us , one game in hand. In League Cup final and Europa League, Minimum 4 more games than us, could be 8 more)

We need the key members of the squad to stay fit, Rice, Soucek, Dawson (can't believe I'm saying that), Fabianski, Ogbonna, Soufal, Lingard, Antonio. We also need some decisions going our way. Having had only one penalty this season is ridiculous. COYI
cant fault your reasoning Dano! would be an amazing achievement , either way its been a blast so far with a limited squad(which i think has actually been one of the reasons they've done so well) . Personally hoping top 6 and a chance for the board to engage in some serious strengthening to the squad. I think they will be running on empty by the summer, and then have the euros for a lot of the 1st eleven.
Hopefully shouldn't be too bad from here on. Pretty much only one game a week for clubs not involved in Europe now.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

A European place would be a fucking disaster for the club with a paper thin squad and not much chance of decent reinforcements come Summer ,the extra games will fuck up our league progress.
Major investment needed but not a fucking snowballs from them two cunts.

Shame.

8th.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:02 am A European place would be a fucking disaster for the club with a paper thin squad and not much chance of decent reinforcements come Summer ,the extra games will fuck up our league progress.

Shame.

8th.
That's easily remedied. League position is important for extra money it earns. Use the fringe players and youth for the european games. Just because you qualify doesn't mean you have to impact the first XI

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

palerider wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:44 am
JayK wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:38 am

I hope you’re right Dano. Would be amazing. But part of me hopes you’re wrong purely for the reason it would just be typical of us to reach our highest ever league position when fans ain’t allowed to witness and experience it in person
Well we certainly had a bit of luck go our way yesterday with opponents and not us hitting the woodwork.

The hook-nosed vermin would have grabbed a point on most days.
In the Times they listed the teams who've hit the bar or post most this season! We're joint top of that league as well, with Villa! Another example of us not being lucky. However we have been lucky with injuries, apart from Antonio and Arthur we've not had too many injuries and none long term!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

h69 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:36 am
mkhammer wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:48 pm

All day long and the next mate I'm Afraid Mate...I'm fuckin something up, I pass it on let someone that knows what they are doing
take over...in life,and moreso with something I care about and love...also from emotional and financial angles.
100% on that..
Might try and keep the controlling interest from an Ego point of view granted,but very much a silent partner...but then again
I wouldn't fuck things up..
I want my business to make as much money as poss...if it don't under me....get someone else in to make me more money...
to run it better...thats an angle Sugo haven't quite grasped..they don't see and are limiting our progress and potential.

We ,us lot the fans do deserve something..we are the best fans,we stuck by the Irons right thru the shit times.....
Arse,Spuds,Cheats,have all had their moments in the sun...time for us to get a tan.... :lol:
We gave up our home to try and get there....Running before you can walk maybe,but the opportunity knocked,and
admit I would have taken it as well if I was the Owner...
We Have Earned it (Us) imo mate.
Fucking something up ?

Just for interest ..... If you owned a business making healthy profits, why would you think you were fucking something up and step down ?
Isn't the point to make money when you own a business ?
Think you need to re-read my post H...thats exactly what I said mate...you have(own) and run a business to make money...
if you own and run a company thats not realizing its potential,let someone else run it...tho you can still own it,or a good part of it.
If I'm not making enough money,so that I can't reinvest to make future profits...because my aim is short term cash profits,
therefore holding it back...my advisers would inform me I'm "Fuckin it up"..See my error and do something about it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:15 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:02 am A European place would be a fucking disaster for the club with a paper thin squad and not much chance of decent reinforcements come Summer ,the extra games will fuck up our league progress.

Shame.

8th.
That's easily remedied. League position is important for extra money it earns. Use the fringe players and youth for the european games. Just because you qualify doesn't mean you have to impact the first XI
Unless we make the Champions League, and I still can't believe I'm saying that, the Europa League will lose you money until you make the last 8. So it won't make any difference what team you put out unless the dwarf tells the kids and reserves to make their own way to Uzbekistan for a Thursday.

He'd love the former but the thought of the latter will have the little cunt in cold sweats.

The remedy of course would be to strike while the iron's hot and invest heavily in the squad as well as giving Rice a bumper deal to ward off the vultures but although the covid jab has given me some side effects, flying pigs isn't one of them.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:28 am
Unless we make the Champions League, and I still can't believe I'm saying that, the Europa League will lose you money until you make the last 8. So it won't make any difference what team you put out unless the dwarf tells the kids and reserves to make their own way to Uzbekistan for a Thursday.

He'd love the former but the thought of the latter will have the little cunt in cold sweats.

The remedy of course would be to strike while the iron's hot and invest heavily in the squad as well as giving Rice a bumper deal to ward off the vultures but although the covid jab has given me some side effects, flying pigs isn't one of them.
Why would any club lose money in the Europa League.? Apparently clubs that get into the group stages receive just under 3 million Euros plus every group stage win pays 570,000 Euros. And of course there is TV money in addition and, at the moment BT show every UK teams matches.

Always makes me chuckle when all the "stans" get mentioned as possible negatives but teams from Holland, France and Belgium, not to mention Scotland, also take part you know. ;)

A good friend of mine , an Arsenal fan, hates the Europa League believing the Thursday/Sunday schedule screws up teams. But for the life of me I've never understood why it's harder to play on a Thursday and again on a Sunday rather than Wednesday followed by Saturday.

I'm probably in the minority but I like the Europa league as it gives clubs like us a chance of European competition once in a while. And of course would any of us ever get to sample the delights of Uzbekistan were it not for the football ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:28 am

When it comes to West Ham I never condsider the owners ambition in the equation. The managers competence yes but never the owners commitment,because history has shown they don't have any.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

2nd
+16

This is my father. He's escaped from the care home and is currently walking the streets armed only with his mobile phone and a can of Special Brew.

If anyone finds him please return the mad bastard to the appropriate authorities.