Putting This Season Into Perspective,(League)

Chat about anything football related here!
BillyDWhizz

Re: Putting This Season Into Perspective,(League)

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:42 pm According to C & H earlier today, that sky sports prediction of who will finish, the computer predicted West Ham will finish 5th and only missed out to Chelsea on goal -difference for Champions League while most pundits predicted we finished 7th.
Our next 5 games will decide whether we really are top 6 contenders or not. 8+ points would be a good effort but with the way Moyes over respects the bigger sides, I suspect we're looking optimistically at 4 but wouldn't be at all surprised if it's less.

I hate to be so negative but with a squad as thin as ours it's only a matter of time before the wheels fall off. I think we'll finish 11th with like 51-54 points. I really hope I'm wrong and we push on to challenge for Europe, but my gut tells me I'm not. :?
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

palerider

Post by palerider »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:41 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:42 pm According to C & H earlier today, that sky sports prediction of who will finish, the computer predicted West Ham will finish 5th and only missed out to Chelsea on goal -difference for Champions League while most pundits predicted we finished 7th.
Our next 5 games will decide whether we really are top 6 contenders or not. 8+ points would be a good effort but with the way Moyes over respects the bigger sides, I suspect we're looking optimistically at 4 but wouldn't be at all surprised if it's less.

I hate to be so negative but with a squad as thin as ours it's only a matter of time before the wheels fall off. I think we'll finish 11th with like 51-54 points. I really hope I'm wrong and we push on to challenge for Europe, but my gut tells me I'm not. :?
This.

We have 5 games left against sides considered top 6 this season. Plus the Arse, who were traditionally so.

I suspect we'll get 2 points out of that little lot if we're lucky.

The Sky Sports predictor is to be trusted as much as Harold Shipman visiting a care home with the Pfizer vaccine.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Imo the 3 games, whilst winnable, are also potential banana skins. I am reasonably confident about the Leeds game because, as the game at Elland Road showed, their playing style very much suits ours. We saw the best and worst of our team in the game at WHL and, imo, we should have taken the 3 points at the Emirates but our finishing on the day was woeful. A pity because our overall performance was a good one. Man United is a game where on a good day we might get something. Only imo but I don't think they're all that. No chance against Man City but that's no disgrace because they are head and shoulders the best team in the PL by an absolute mile this season and if they turn up will do to us what they're doing to everybody else.

8 points ? I'd be happy with that. But as you say an injury to key players could cause serious issues.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Totally agreed and also depend not on the players, the ref and VAR as they tend to give us disadvantage of us against the big clubs like our away game a Man Utd in FA Cup, we should have a penalty, Liverpool's Salah soft dive for penalty when we were on top at 1-0 at Anfield.

Of those big clubs, only 2 Mancs Clubs we are away while we got at home against Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea, Tottenham and Leicester City. Away to Man Utd we have a very small chance of a draw while nothing will achieve at Man City. Small chance of 3 points against Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham and Leicester.

The away games at Burnley, Brighton and WBA will also be tough and hope to get at least 4 points. Away to Newcastle and Wolves we have a good chance of 3 points.

Home games against Leeds and Southampton we have a good chance of 3 points..
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Ibbyham wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:36 pm

Totally agreed and also depend not on the players, the ref and VAR as they tend to give us disadvantage of us against the big clubs like our away game a Man Utd in FA Cup, we should have a penalty, Liverpool's Salah soft dive for penalty when we were on top at 1-0 at Anfield.

Of those big clubs, only 2 Mancs Clubs we are away while we got at home against Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea, Tottenham and Leicester City. Away to Man Utd we have a very small chance of a draw while nothing will achieve at Man City. Small chance of 3 points against Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham and Leicester.

The away games at Burnley, Brighton and WBA will also be tough and hope to get at least 4 points. Away to Newcastle and Wolves we have a good chance of 3 points.

So , in a nutshell , we have a chance of 3 points :D
Bring back Jonathon !

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:19 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:36 pm

So , in a nutshell , we have a chance of 3 points :D
Hope so as we need to keep Kane, Son and Bale Quiet.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I'd be happy with either tbh. 😆
Flairon

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Flairon wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:01 pm
Most pundit put Spuds for a win and computer put a draw so I am more than happy :lol:

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:00 pm

Most pundit put Spuds for a win and computer put a draw so I am more than happy :lol:
Aye, aye. 😆 😆 😆
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

European qualification might become a problem because of the stupid practice of awarding a Europa League place to the winners of the two domestic cups. So, for example, if Spurs win the Mickey Mouse and, say, Everton win the F A Cup that's two places taken. This season particularly those 2 competitions are even more pissant than usual. A day out at the final is normally a great day for the fans of the two clubs, particularly the F A Cup, but not this year. Should have knocked them both on the head this year imo. I suppose it might have been hoped that fans could have been allowed in by the time the final came along.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?