Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
brookingslovechild

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by brookingslovechild »

Citeh will bore the arse off us with 1000 passes in the first half and then incoming shallacking second half. Anything else a billy bonus.

I honestly dont get the pundits who love to watch peps sides, frankly i find it a pretty dull affair. Liverpool (&utd of old) in their pomp a much better watch.

The only player i could watch all day is foden , the genuine article.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:27 pm Citeh will bore the arse off us with 1000 passes in the first half and then incoming shallacking second half. Anything else a billy bonus.

I honestly dont get the pundits who love to watch peps sides, frankly i find it a pretty dull affair. Liverpool (&utd of old) in their pomp a much better watch.

Problem sometimes watching City, same as it was when Barcelona were at their peak about 10 years back, is that they are so much better than the opposition. It can be a bit tedious watching them passing to each other instead of humping it aimlessly forward but, imo, that's to do with the fear the opposition have of them. Must admit if I was Guardiola I would want my side to destroy the opposition, not just beat them. But I guess a lot of the time it's about conserving energy to avoid burn out.

I watched their recent games against Arsenal and Monchengladbach and, tbh, they won both games comfortably but didn't really get out of second gear in either match----because they didn't need to.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:38 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:27 pm Citeh will bore the arse off us with 1000 passes in the first half and then incoming shallacking second half. Anything else a billy bonus.

Problem sometimes watching City, same as it was when Barcelona were at their peak about 10 years back, is that they are so much better than the opposition. It can be a bit tedious watching them passing to each other instead of humping it aimlessly forward but, imo, that's to do with the fear the opposition have of them. Must admit if I was Guardiola I would want my side to destroy the opposition, not just beat them. But I guess a lot of the time it's about conserving energy to avoid burn out.

I watched their recent games against Arsenal and Monchengladbach and, tbh, they won both games comfortably but didn't really get out of second gear in either match----because they didn't need to.
First gear this week then :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

We are not going to get done 5-0 like we used to, we might even score.

But if we win, I'd even join in a mass debate with BB & Pale

Back 5 in this one for me, or is it a back 7...

Fab
Dawson Diop Cress
Coufal Rice Soucek Johnson
Lingard Antonio Fornals

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

BCHammer wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:33 pm We are not going to get done 5-0 like we used to, we might even score.

But if we win, I'd even join in a mass debate with BB & Pale

Fab
Dawson Diop Cress
Lingard Antonio Fornals
If we were to win, I'd more than likely render myself unconscious.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BCHammer wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:33 pm We are not going to get done 5-0 like we used to, we might even score.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

If we get anything, I will knock myself sensless
Covid in the Boardroom

Towie

Post by Towie »

BCHammer wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:33 pm

Fab
Dawson Diop Cress
Lingard Antonio Fornals
Back 11 actually.

I will be delighted if we get anything out of this.

Citeh 1:5 on with bookies, says it all really.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:49 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:38 pm

First gear this week then :lol:
We’re not in top gear yet either, apparently. Just you wait, if we hit top gear this weekend we might even get in their half
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

The one thing we've got going for us imo is City's ridiculous winning sequence. What is it now ? 18 or 19 wins on the spin ? All I will say is that runs like that have to come to an end sometime.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?