Will The Moyes Outers Get Their Wish ?

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Will The Moyes Outers Get Their Wish ?

Post by Whiskyman »

Watching Moyes' interview on Sky last night when he was asked about rumours linking him with the Celtic vacancy I couldn't help thinking his answers left the door open for an approach from "The Scottish Giants" , as Celtic were referred to. Apparently Moyes is still only contracted until the end of the season which is only about 3 months ago and is apparently "talking" to the dwarf about an extension. Moyes said something along the lines of wanting to finish what he's started but, let's face it, that's pretty much the standard response when asked questions about future plans.

He's an ex Celtic player, which to some people seems to be a big deal when it comes to appointing managers, and, let's face it, any manager there only ever has to beat one team to win an honour or two. Like Rangers it's the classic cop out job for a manager who struggles to win honours in a proper league and would rather be a big fish swimming in a puddle rather than a smaller one trying to compete with the big sharks in the PL.

Can't help wondering if the dwarf is already looking up Tony Pulis' number. Dare say a few will be happy if Moyes does jump ship. Although can you say jump ship if his contract is due to run out ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Re: Will The Moyes Outers Get Their Wish ?

Post by Newmarket »

He wouldn’t go there .

Now if it was Rangers...
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:56 am He wouldn’t go there .

Now if it was Rangers...
Why would you think he wouldn't go there.? It seems to be a thing amongst the skirt wearers that playing for or managing either Rangers or Celtic is some sort of lifetime ambition. On a par with being locked inside the Tennants brewery or winning a lifetime supply of deep fried Mars bars.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

A managerial job in Scotland (even if it is Celtic) is generally considered ro be a massive step down from the Premiership.

Just look at how quickly Brendan Rogers departed for Leicester when he surely could have waited until the end of the season and secured more trophies.

I should think (and is of course only my opinion) that Moyes may consider Celtic and end of career job, but doubt he is there yet.
Flairon

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Only to be taken if ginger and/or stink of pish
Or digestives
Kiddy fiddling cunt of a club.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:54 am A managerial job in Scotland (even if it is Celtic) is generally considered ro be a massive step down from the Premiership.

Just look at how quickly Brendan Rogers departed for Leicester when he surely could have waited until the end of the season and secured more trophies.

I should think (and is of course only my opinion) that Moyes may consider Celtic and end of career job, but doubt he is there yet.
Of course it's a step down but trophy success is pretty much nailed on Rodgers went there after Liverpool offed him, presumably because he wanted to win trophies, guaranteed at Celtic back then because Rangers had been relegated, and have a crack at Europe. But the only two times Rodgers came up against the bigger boys it didn't end well. 7-0 defeats against Barcelona and PSG. FFS you or I could set up a side not to lose by that score.

Say whatever you like about Rodgers he's a shrewd bastard. As soon as Rangers started to re establish themselves he took the first offer that came along and shipped up at Leicester.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:28 am
Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:56 am He wouldn’t go there .

Now if it was Rangers...
Why would you think he wouldn't go there.? It seems to be a thing amongst the skirt wearers that playing for or managing either Rangers or Celtic is some sort of lifetime ambition. On a par with being locked inside the Tennants brewery or winning a lifetime supply of deep fried Mars bars.
Well he is a Rangers fan as are all his family .

Maybe not an important factor if the offer came 18 months ago when he was on the scrap heap but I reckon if you factor in where he (and West Ham) is now Rangers would be a bigger pull than the Fenians.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:33 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:28 am

Well he is a Rangers fan as are all his family .

Maybe not an important factor if the offer came 18 months ago when he was on the scrap heap but I reckon if you factor in where he (and West Ham) is now Rangers would be a bigger pull than the Fenians.
Probably true. But there’s no vacancy at Rangers.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I hope he gets a deal. And at least gets a modicum of backing.
But knowing the scum, I wouldn't bet on it.
He'll probably get a reasonable deal but be asked to perform miracles on a budget.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:56 pm I hope he gets a deal. And at least gets a modicum of backing.
But knowing the scum, I wouldn't bet on it.
He'll probably get a reasonable deal but be asked to perform miracles on a budget.
Of course he'll get the deal and rightly so.

Once young Declan is offloaded to Bournemouth for 8m, who better to mastermind our surge for the title with a selection of cast-offs and Bulgarian pensioners ?