Lee Mason

Chat about anything football related here!
OZHAMMER

Re: Lee Mason

Post by OZHAMMER »

So why was it disallowed? I thought that he’d blown the whistle.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Castiron wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:07 am
Flairon wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:12 am This is something that should be cast in stone. Do not take the freekick until I blow the whistle and do not blow the whistle until the keeper has set up his wall.

In this case the ref apparently did blow the whistle but had not realized that the keeper had not set up his wall and seemingly panicked by blowing his whistle again.

A shocking mistake foe an experienced ref to make.
They picked up on this on MOTD, it's rare for me to agree with the shit they come out with, but Lineker said why have you got to wait for the ref to blow?.
If it's been an infringement on the attacking team, and they want to take it quickly, why can't they?.
They are the team that have been fouled, and allowing the other team to set up properly is just penalising the victims of the foul.
I think he’s got that right.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:29 am So why was it disallowed? I thought that he’d blown the whistle.
Because he blew a second whistle before it crosses the line. Hence no goal!.
Mind you, no one knows why he blew a second whistle. The guess is that he thought the keeper wasn't ready. That's the keepers fault, not Brighton's
Last edited by Castiron on Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Castiron wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:32 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:29 am So why was it disallowed? I thought that he’d blown the whistle.
Because he blew a second whistle before it crosses the line. Hence no goal!.
I’ll have to watch again. Only heard the first one.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Brighton fans have threatened to rearrange his cushions.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:19 am Brighton fans have threatened to rearrange his cushions.
He’ll need to be careful picking up the soap, that’s for sure.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Castiron wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:07 am
Flairon wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:12 am This is something that should be cast in stone. Do not take the freekick until I blow the whistle and do not blow the whistle until the keeper has set up his wall.

In this case the ref apparently did blow the whistle but had not realized that the keeper had not set up his wall and seemingly panicked by blowing his whistle again.

A shocking mistake foe an experienced ref to make.
They picked up on this on MOTD, it's rare for me to agree with the shit they come out with, but Lineker said why have you got to wait for the ref to blow?.
If it's been an infringement on the attacking team, and they want to take it quickly, why can't they?.
They are the team that have been fouled, and allowing the other team to set up properly is just penalising the victims of the foul.
He makes a valid point.
Flairon

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Has he got a French Cousin called Gauzere....shambles of a ref at the Wales England Rugby game as well..

hd1

Post by hd1 »

As long as the FA and the PL continue to allow the PGMOL to be unaccountable this level of incompetence will continue.

The other issue is that they are not that well paid in comparison to the players they are in charge of. A retainer of around £40k with bonuses for games they officiate gives them around £70k, which as we all knows is around an average West Ham fans wage.

Joking aside, I know a lot of fans earn nowhere near that, but being a professional at the top of the game and for the amount of time they are away from home etc its not that great., however I'm not sure that a bigger salary would bring any better quality in the current crop of cockwombles, but it would hopefully bring through a better quality of younger refs?