West Ham vs Leeds United Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
thomasswe

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Official Match Thread

Post by thomasswe »

tassiehammer wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:37 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:43 pm

This chasing a European place will sort out the men from the boys. We'll know soon enough if our lot are ready for the long trousers. ;)
Funny enough though I'm not fussed about European games. We have' nt got the squad to mount a serious challenge without it affecting premier games next season and I can't see our beloved owners spending 200 mill or more to strengthen it. Being the boss of the London clubs will do for me.
We'll also find out if our owners like this altitude test. If they sell Rice then we know we' ll never get this dizzy again. If they do spend and build around him then oxygen required next season. :)
Thing is with the amount of teams not permfoming up to their standard a european challenge next season will be tough even if we build on this seasons success.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

This chasing a European place will sort out the men from the boys. We'll know soon enough if our lot are ready for the long trousers. ;)
Funny enough though I'm not fussed about European games. We have' nt got the squad to mount a serious challenge without it affecting premier games next season and I can't see our beloved owners spending 200 mill or more to strengthen it. Being the boss of the London clubs will do for me.
We'll also find out if our owners like this altitude test. If they sell Rice then we know we' ll never get this dizzy again. If they do spend and build around him then oxygen required next season. :)
As I always have I want to see a bit of ambition. Being top London club every season would almost certainly mean European qualification anyway, so I'd settle for that but, as we all know, that's way beyond our pay grade. No reason why we shouldn't qualify for the Europa league knockout stages, then the luck of the draw comes along. Draw a Molde, Glasgow Rangers or Dinamo Zagreb and there's a good chance you go through, pull one of the better ones out of the hat and , granted, it could be a struggle. But let's at least go for it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

For those who like a punt on the lineups, Said Benrahma might prove a lucky inclusion.

And here's why: Leeds made their promotion as a Championship club and 'Ben' cut his teeth from the Championship.

Who better then to produce mazy dribbling through that Leeds defence ? Is it Declan or 'Benji' boy. Your now thinking this betting strategy is easy really.

Just depends on the quality of the tips....

palerider

Post by palerider »

Exactly this.

Would I be surprised if we fucked it up tonight ? No. Leeds are the most unpredictable team in the league.

But it's the performances not the results that matter for the last 12 games for me. And let's face it, Rice would be sold if the price was right. It depends what the dwarf thought was the right price.

I'd love to be in the Champions League if only to say we were once in it. The Europa League I regard as that weird uncle that gets drunk at parties and thinks he's John Travolta.

This time last season (pandemic aside), each game was a case of looking over your shoulder so anything from now is a bonus.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Would like to try a game with Fornals and Ben both starting...prob is that means Bowen on bench...can see Moyes trying that
at some point .
Fornals central,in with Dec and Tomas, a Front 3 of Micky,Lingard and Ben,pull Micky out wider right maybe,but
leave them pretty much interchangeable..
Back to a Flat 4 as well would imagine.

Think we have to much for Leeds..expecting a nice win..I'm on at 11/10 and 2/1 with over 2 goals in game.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

My main worries is NOT Leeds but THAT Mike Dean who always against us and red-card happy f&cking ref!!!

Hope he will not screwed us tonight.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

1Fabianski
5Coufal
15Dawson
23Diop
3Cresswell
28Soucek
41Rice
18Fornals
11Lingard
9Benrahma
30Antonio

Substitutes
4Balbuena
10Lanzini
16Noble
20Bowen
25Martin
31Johnson
34Trott
45Odubeko

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:35 pm My main worries is NOT Leeds but THAT Mike Dean who always against us and red-card happy f&cking ref!!!

Hope he will not screwed us tonight.
Dean isn’t biased ref, just a crap one.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

I have a feeling Benrahma going to score tonight.

That said with Leeds you never know what going to happen, hope they leave the spaces they did last time we played them.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

HammerJammer

Post by HammerJammer »

Saved by VAR

- twice -
Click here and enter 9898 to block the TottenScum Troll