Scott Parker---WTF

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Scott Parker

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:22 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:42 pm

I tend to base my assessment of games on what I see for myself rather than match statistics. Watching games there are times when I am thinking to myself we are in danger of conceding, for a variety of reasons. The only time I had that concern in our games against Fulham was when they were gifted the penalty which Lookman missed. At no time in either of the games did I see anything other than two 0-0 draws, between 2 very poor teams on the day, until Soucek scored.

We will have to wait and see if Parker has any future as a manager but I sure as hell can't see why he is regarded as a purveyor of silky flowing, progressive (yes, that's the word) football. If I were a neutral I would rather watch West Ham under Moyes than Fulham under Parker. It really is that simple...

Furthermore for the life of me I can't see how taking a club down to the Championship with 7 loan players in the squad, all of whom will no doubt bugger off if they don't stay up, can be seen as progressive. It will be a massive rebuilding job for someone for next season surely ? Clearly we will never agree on this but I would rather trust Moyes with the stewardship of West Ham than Parker. That does not mean I see Moyes as a tactical genius who is going to propel West Ham into the stratosphere, simply that I see him as a far better manager than the "young and progressive" Mr Parker.
I don’t think I have based my opinion on stats, I have based it on what I have watched.
The stats I added are merely to backing up what I have said, they create but can’t score, that is a major problem which gets you relegated.
I don’t think I said anywhere that we should replace Moyes with Parker, or claimed that Parker is progressive.

I merely pointed out I believe they play some good stuff at times, you may disagree, but you will be wrong! ;)
That depends on what constitutes good stuff. After all there are some who consider Lexus produce a superior car to Mercedes. ;)

All about opinions I guess.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:46 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:22 pm

I don’t think I have based my opinion on stats, I have based it on what I have watched.
The stats I added are merely to backing up what I have said, they create but can’t score, that is a major problem which gets you relegated.
I don’t think I said anywhere that we should replace Moyes with Parker, or claimed that Parker is progressive.

I merely pointed out I believe they play some good stuff at times, you may disagree, but you will be wrong! ;)
That depends on what constitutes good stuff. After all there are some who consider Lexus produce a superior car to Mercedes. ;)

Well criticising Fulham for doing essentially same thing we have done in a lot of matches is a strange opinion, in my opinion. ;)
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:30 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:46 pm

Well criticising Fulham for doing essentially same thing we have done in a lot of matches is a strange opinion, in my opinion. ;)
Well one thing is undoubtedly true. If we do play with the same style as Fulham, Moyes has us doing it a hell of a lot better. If, as many would seem to have it, goals = entertainment, we are considerably more entertaining than Fulham, having scored more than double the total Fulham have managed. Whilst at the same time conceding one fewer than the defence so spectacularly re organised by the next Guardiola. ;)

Which would suggest, would it not, that when it comes to organising and structuring a football team Moyes is a better option than Parker.?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:05 am
Towie wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:30 am

Well one thing is undoubtedly true. If we do play with the same style as Fulham, Moyes has us doing it a hell of a lot better. If, as many would seem to have it, goals = entertainment, we are considerably more entertaining than Fulham, having scored more than double the total Fulham have managed. Whilst at the same time conceding one fewer than the defence so spectacularly re organised by the next Guardiola. ;)

Which would suggest, would it not, that when it comes to organising and structuring a football team Moyes is a better option than Parker.?
Whiskyman, again I never said I wanted Parker to replace Moyes, Moyes has done an unbelievably great job with both hands tied behind their backs.
You criticised Fulham for their style against Arsenal, I pointed out we have done exactly the same in Many matches this season. I said Fulham’s problems is not their style of play but putting the ball in the back of the net! Their shot conversion is worse in league, however their total shots for season is 9th in league!

Now I’m not sure if you need to replace your reading glasses or not as this is not the first post you struggled reading. Maybe a trip to Specsavers is in order. ;)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:10 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:05 am

Whiskyman, again I never said I wanted Parker to replace Moyes, Moyes has done an unbelievably great job with both hands tied behind their backs.
You criticised Fulham for their style against Arsenal, I pointed out we have done exactly the same in Many matches this season. I said Fulham’s problems is not their style of play but putting the ball in the back of the net! Their shot conversion is worse in league, however their total shots for season is 9th in league!

Now I’m not sure if you need to replace your reading glasses or not as this is not the first post you struggled reading. Maybe a trip to Specsavers is in order. ;)
I am responding whilst standing in Specsavers. Incidentally it appears I am behind Arsene "I did not see it" Wenger in the queue.

I don't believe I suggested you have demanded the replacement of Moyes with Sainted Scotty although that has been suggested on occasions more than once on this form and others. Hence my comment. Similarly my comment about entertainment was not in reference specifically to your post but the often expressed views that we are dull and boring. Those comments often made by the same scribes who would like to see Scott Parkiola in our dugout.

I would just add on the subject of statistics that any club could improve their total shots per game ratio by aimlessly wellying 30 and 40 yarders into the stand. Let's face it with no crowds in attendance there isn't even the remotest danger that some poor soul could suffer an injury by being struck with the ball.

I will repeat. We clearly will not agree on the subject of Fulham playing "decent stuff" However, much as I would love to meander on it is now my turn at the counter so you will have to excuse me whilst I put my guide dog back on her lead. ;)

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:30 pm
Towie wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:10 pm

I am responding whilst standing in Specsavers. Incidentally it appears I am behind Arsene "I did not see it" Wenger in the queue.

I don't believe I suggested you have demanded the replacement of Moyes with Sainted Scotty although that has been suggested on occasions more than once on this form and others. Hence my comment. Similarly my comment about entertainment was not in reference specifically to your post but the often expressed views that we are dull and boring. Those comments often made by the same scribes who would like to see Scott Parkiola in our dugout.

I would just add on the subject of statistics that any club could improve their total shots per game ratio by aimlessly wellying 30 and 40 yarders into the stand. Let's face it with no crowds in attendance there isn't even the remotest danger that some poor soul could suffer an injury by being struck with the ball.

I will repeat. We clearly will not agree on the subject of Fulham playing "decent stuff" However, much as I would love to meander on it is now my turn at the counter so you will have to excuse me whilst I put my guide dog back on her lead. ;)
Don’t forget your white stick. ;)

Whiskyman

Re: Scott Parker---WTF

Post by Whiskyman »

Just heard Michael Dawson on the radio saying he'd like to see Parker get the Spurs gig.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:14 am Just heard Michael Dawson on the radio saying he'd like to see Parker get the Spurs gig.
Wouldn’t be the first time he’s jumped ship to go there would it ?

I hope it happens and he takes them down .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:01 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:14 am Just heard Michael Dawson on the radio saying he'd like to see Parker get the Spurs gig.
Wouldn’t be the first time he’s jumped ship to go there would it ?

I hope it happens and he takes them down .
Smarmy Judas cunt.

Parker, not you Tim.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Well, he is young,ambitious,well dressed,no scandal,polite, anyone's idea of an ambassador and English.

Absolutely perfect for Tottenham who are all about corporate look and becoming something entirely based on illusion.