Is Benrahma the new Stuart Slater

Chat about anything football related here!
dorsetdano

Is Benrahma the new Stuart Slater

Post by dorsetdano »

I've been watching him quite closely and to me, he is a decent player without being an outstanding one. All these continual calls for him to start are misplaced for me. For someone who scored so many goals in the Championship last season, when are they going to start coming in the Prem. Not even a sniff of a goal, after 1055 minutes of Prem football and only 4 assists! These have been obtained against the poorer sides as Moyes, quite rightly in my opinion doesn't trust him against the big sides. All three of the goals we conceded against Arsenal came from their right hand side, two from crosses by the right back, who was Benrahma's responsibility to mark.

Lots of hot air and promises, with nowhere near enough delivery for me. Hurry back Pablo and/or Arthur, we need you both more than Said imho.

JayK

Re: Is Benrahma the new Stuart Slater

Post by JayK »

I’m thinking the same way Dano. Lots of hot air at the moment. Maybe all he needs is for a goal to go in off his arse or something to get the floodgates opening.

Funny coz not long ago Moyes was joking and praising him about his defensive duties not so long ago but you’re right about how he let the team down in this area against Arsenal.

He does get bums off seats at times with some of his skill when beating players which is obviously a good thing but also quite often the end product isn’t there afterwards.

With regards assists, we would’ve had one against Arsenal if Antonio coulda put it in and prob woulda had a few more if we had a striker who could bag 15-20 goals a season, but we don’t. So as much as my hopes for him are fading, there is still a little hope left for next season if we do get that much needed striker.
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

I've often thought Benrahma might consider himself fortunate to still be on the pitch, given his contributions so far. I never thought that of Stuart Slater. I always knew he was fortunate to be on the pitch...

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

He's the Fornals of this season only he came with a lot more expectation than Pablo. I think he's still growing as a prem league player and will be a better player next season.
#fuckqatar2022

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

A decent player but nowhere near the valuation we and Brentford put on him. Occasional little flashes which for some people is enough for them to say “hey,this guy’s good” but no way good enough fora regular starting place imo. In the role he plays he has to be much better defensively.

Comparison with Stuart Slater is a good one imo. Show pony.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I’m not jumping on any bandwagon here but I’ve yet to see Benrahma actually DO anything.

And I can’t see that changing whilst we have a left back that can’t defend .

I don’t have to explain that one do I ?

Get a decent , proper , left back and Benrahma can concentrate on the job Sullivan bought him for.

And Fornals can then pull the strings from the centre of the park instead of also having to chase back and cover Cresswell’s arse .

Get rid of Cresswell and Noble and we’ll have a team .
Bring back Jonathon !

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:55 am I’m not jumping on any bandwagon here but I’ve yet to see Benrahma actually DO anything.

Get a decent , proper , left back and Benrahma can concentrate on the job Sullivan bought him for.

And Fornals can then pull the strings from the centre of the park instead of also having to chase back and cover Cresswell’s arse .

We,re missing Ogbonna too imo. He covers a lot for Cresswell on the left side. Diop, Dawson and Balbuena are good players but they are both RCBs, and Ogbonna is at another level. Him with either CB partner and we look very solid.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Hammertime wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:14 pm He's the Fornals of this season only he came with a lot more expectation than Pablo. I think he's still growing as a prem league player and will be a better player next season.
Sure as hell hope that you are right.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:55 am I’m not jumping on any bandwagon here but I’ve yet to see Benrahma actually DO anything.

In the system we are currently playing Cresswell is one of our most effective players imo. His assists this year are impressive. Amongst the best in the PL for someone in his position. And imo we shouldn't be talking in terms of replacing player A simply because player B can't, or won't, do the job he is required to do.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

HammerJammer

Post by HammerJammer »

4 assists so far this season.

Jus' sayin'.
Click here and enter 9898 to block the TottenScum Troll