Wolves vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: Wolves vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Castiron »

The work ethic in the team is a breath of fresh air. Obviously we are slower with Noble in the team, and we are picking up injuries, but just watch how far Coufal runs and the desire to get up and support the attack for the first goal.
Just brilliant.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:07 am I'm going to predict that Benrahma is going to start earning his corn and begin to become useful. More useful than keeping the ball down at the corner flag with two opposition members trying to kick him.

He will get his chance in the next couple of weeks and he needs to stop performing like a constipated jackal and allow his inherent ability a bit of a free expression. All this whilst working within a tactical framework - not terribly difficult is it.
I hope you're right about Benrahma. If his mind worked as quickly as his feet can he would be a good addition to the squad. But----isn't there always a but ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:37 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:07 am I'm going to predict that Benrahma is going to start earning his corn and begin to become useful. More useful than keeping the ball down at the corner flag with two opposition members trying to kick him.

He will get his chance in the next couple of weeks and he needs to stop performing like a constipated jackal and allow his inherent ability a bit of a free expression. All this whilst working within a tactical framework - not terribly difficult is it.
I hope you're right about Benrahma. If his mind worked as quickly as his feet can he would be a good addition to the squad. But----isn't there always a but ?
Surely Benrahma must be learning and watching Lingard in that position?

Can't be a much better player in the country at this moment in time.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:09 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:37 pm

Surely Benrahma must be learning and watching Lingard in that position?

Can't be a much better player in the country at this moment in time.
Agreed.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

I cannot wait for Ogbonna to relegate Diop back to the bench, his ball watching on both their goals is laughable, must be doing Dawson's fuckin head in at this point, every time the ball goes over his head there's no cover from the other mountain of a cb. I know he had some good moments defending yesterday, but Ogbonna is a different level of concentration in that position.
#fuckqatar2022

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

No Rice...
Antonio going off....
3 up and they scored their first, our heads go down a bit....second goes in and no doubt about it, heads went down as deja vu re Arsenal game sets in, could see it in their body language......

Take those out of the equation we would have totally destroyed them

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

It might just be me...but...going 3-0 up in the last two games and coming out for the second half in both games as we have.....the team have received a half time team talk from Popeye......and have followed his instructions..,.sit deeper...blah blah blah....we could have killed both the last two games if we had carried on as we were.... Popeye needs to learn that he is not a tactical genius (and never will be)..…for us to sit back and try to soak up the pressure is suicidal....why change the system that has put us in a winning position to a completely negative one....it does my fucking head in...,..and before anyone starts blaming the players ...they are only doing what they have been told to do

hd1

Post by hd1 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:39 pm It might just be me...but...going 3-0 up in the last two games and coming out for the second half in both games as we have.....the team have received a half time team talk from Popeye......and have followed his instructions..,.sit deeper...blah blah blah....we could have killed both the last two games if we had carried on as we were.... Popeye needs to learn that he is not a tactical genius (and never will be)..…for us to sit back and try to soak up the pressure is suicidal....why change the system that has put us in a winning position to a completely negative one....it does my fucking head in...,..and before anyone starts blaming the players ...they are only doing what they have been told to do
You don't think it has anything to do with the opposition changing their tactics, and being 3-0 down and having nothing to lose then?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The last two games were against two very good sides it was inevitable we would come under pressure after their half time bollockings and change of tactics.
Both nicking goals before half time gave them hope
We had chances both games to finish the cunts off good and proper but fucking failed.
Bad luck and poor finishing.
Four points from them two games is a good return imo
and would have fucked up in both in the past not that we would have been three up in the fucking first place.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:39 pm It might just be me...but...going 3-0 up in the last two games and coming out for the second half in both games as we have.....the team have received a half time team talk from Popeye......and have followed his instructions..,.sit deeper...blah blah blah....we could have killed both the last two games if we had carried on as we were.... Popeye needs to learn that he is not a tactical genius (and never will be)..…for us to sit back and try to soak up the pressure is suicidal....why change the system that has put us in a winning position to a completely negative one....it does my fucking head in...,..and before anyone starts blaming the players ...they are only doing what they have been told to do
You might be right Andy, I guess we'll never know. But I agree with you that our defence does sit too deep a lot of the time. Moyes may or may not be a tactical genius but surely the players out on the pitch have a say with regards to tactics, both in pre match preparation and at half time briefings ?

It's a different world I know but the 15 & 16 year olds I coach throw in their ideas when we're talking about how to approach a game so I sure as hell hope professionals with a lot more at stake would pitch in with their ideas.

Imo defending starts from the front and our front players drop back far too early instead of pushing higher and pressuring the opposition defence and midfield. But in Moyes', and the team's, defence the system, in the main, is working spectacularly well. After all we are fourth in the table which is something I for one never saw close to coming.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?