Newcastle vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Newcastle vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by palerider »

Dawson is finally living up to Watford's opinion of him. :lol:

But seriously, wtf was he thinking ?

And I'm not going to slag Fabs off for one horror show, he's been good this season but we need a new keeper. I've been saying it for ages.

In fact we need about 5 players (including Lingard) to replicate this season. I have faith in the dwarf. I'm sure he'll come up with the readies.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:56 pm
Towie wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:38 pm

If we don’t get a decent transfer fund in Summer, then it not worth entering Europe competition as can you imagine playing PSG & Bayern? Would be double figures.
I’ve never really believed we could qualify for the CL. Europa is more our level. I agree with you that the CL would be an embarrassment.
Without injuries we might have beaten Newcastle and given Chelsea a good game. It's a shame one of the wheels fell off however not having insurance is asking for the problem we find ourselves in now

Towie

Post by Towie »

Towie wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:38 pm

If we don’t get a decent transfer fund in Summer, then it not worth entering Europe competition as can you imagine playing PSG & Bayern? Would be double figures.
I’ve never really believed we could qualify for the CL. Europa is more our level. I agree with you that the CL would be an embarrassment.
Agree Europa league should be minimum aim now with 6 games remaining. I expect us to be 6th by the time we play next. I think both Cheats & Red Scouse finish above us. Leicester though could be caught they have a tough run in.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:03 pm

Without injuries we might have beaten Newcastle and given Chelsea a good game. It's a shame one of the wheels fell off however not having insurance is asking for the problem we find ourselves in now
Tbh it's a miracle we are where we are with the squad depth we have. It's not as if any of our youth players are breaking the door down either.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Towie wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:06 pm

Agree Europa league should be minimum aim now with 6 games remaining. I expect us to be 6th by the time we play next. I think both Cheats & Red Scouse finish above us. Leicester though could be caught they have a tough run in.
They have a very tough last 3. The first 4 are quite easy.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

That’s pretty much how I read it. Imo we are better than Leicester but not as good as Liverpool or Chelsea. Or Spurs if I’m being totally honest, but they seem to be imploding.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:21 pm

That’s pretty much how I read it. Imo we are better than Leicester but not as good as Liverpool or Chelsea. Or Spurs if I’m being totally honest, but they seem to be imploding.
Agreed.

Our injuries aside (and it remains to be seen if Lingard is out now), the folly of selling and not recruiting is biting us firmly on the arse. The dwarf didn't expect us to be this high so he'd paid for a squad good enough for 14th and another season of Sky money.

In normal circumstances Chelsea might have been if not there for the taking, but with one eye on Real Madrid three days later, at least resting a few. But unlike us they can field two teams capable of a top half finish.

I'm not blaming Statler and Waldorf for not selling oil instead of dildos on this occasion. It is what it is. And I can't blame them for covid and no gate receipts. But that's the difference. It's been a good ride but the fun's over and it's back to the car I fear.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I didn’t see today’s game .

I saw the home game against this lot and I know why we lost that ...

So how did he play today ?
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:37 pm I didn’t see today’s game .

Not the reason we lost mate. First two goals would have been embarrassing on Hackney Marshes.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:38 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:37 pm I didn’t see today’s game .

Not the reason we lost mate. First two goals would have been embarrassing on Hackney Marshes.
Just individual errors then ?
Bring back Jonathon !