West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:40 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:56 pm

Any idea how Ezes doing,not that it really matters to us ?
He's played in nearly all the Palace games and has managed 3 goals and 3 assists....I would take him over Benny anytime.... always looks lively...
Is a tally of 3 goals and 3 assists that good for a player who has played in nearly all their games which I assume is getting on for 30. ? Obviously assists don't tell the full story, particularly if the strikeforce is crap and consistently misses the chances created, but to have a direct impact on 6 goals in over 75% of a season doesn't sound too good tbh. That said if memory serves he was a cheaper option and in any case if the manager wanted him surely the manager should have the final say. But of course that's another matter entirely. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:06 pm
only1salty wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:53 am

Against Chelsea - still giving him a fair crack of the whip I see.

How about a run of 4 or 5 games against opponents of mixed capabilities - no - prove yourself against the highest spend club in England or you are a failure!
Because so far he has done nothing to suggest he warrants a run of 4 or 5 games. Surely places in the starting line up should be earned on merit, not given out simply because of the size of a transfer fee. I agree it isn't easy to come in for a cameo appearance or two but he isn't the first player who has had to wait for an opportunity and he won't be the last. Unfortunately so far, at least imo, he has not shown enough to suggest he is ready to start ahead of Bowen or Fornals who would , presumably, be the ones to make way.
Sorry he can’t start ahead of Fornals, Fornals should be first on team sheet for me, especially if Moyes will play him centrally.
Have to say I’m glad people didn’t listen to Numbnuts, as even Iniesta has said Fornals is the player most like an Iniesta player!
High praise from the man himself, (that’s Iniesta, not numbnuts.)
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:42 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:06 pm

Because so far he has done nothing to suggest he warrants a run of 4 or 5 games. Surely places in the starting line up should be earned on merit, not given out simply because of the size of a transfer fee. I agree it isn't easy to come in for a cameo appearance or two but he isn't the first player who has had to wait for an opportunity and he won't be the last. Unfortunately so far, at least imo, he has not shown enough to suggest he is ready to start ahead of Bowen or Fornals who would , presumably, be the ones to make way.
Sorry he can’t start ahead of Fornals, Fornals should be first on team sheet for me, especially if Moyes will play him centrally.
Have to say I’m glad people didn’t listen to Numbnuts, as even Iniesta has said Fornals is the player most like an Iniesta player!
I had numbers down as a sad attention seeking nobody tbh. Someone who didn’t necessarily believe what he said, but was happy saying it to get a reaction. Never replied to his posts tbh. Why give that sort of person the attention they crave.?

Frankly anyone who doesn’t see Fornals qualities should take up watching another sport.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:54 pm
Towie wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:42 pm

I had numbers down as a sad attention seeking nobody tbh. Someone who didn’t necessarily believe what he said, but was happy saying it to get a reaction. Never replied to his posts tbh. Why give that sort of person the attention they crave.?

Frankly anyone who doesn’t see Fornals qualities should take up watching another sport.
The other benefit is the growing collaborative value between Fornals and Lingard.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

i think with a fully fit squad we give chelsea a game, brighton chased them down relentlessly the other night and should have won. With our current list of injuries, i just cant see us getting much out of this. An obvious huge miss is declan in midfield (probably our biggest miss for this game) nobes hasnt got the engine to keep about their midfield, which is where i see us getting panned.

The season has however been one of constant surprises, so maybe there's a moyes masterclass awaiting.....probs not tho.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Without Rice I thought we'd lose at Wolves. And against Leicester. Who knows what would have happened against Newcastle without defending of Billy Smart's proportions ?

So it's possible to get something if Chelsea have an off day, but my head says it will be bugger all.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

palerider wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:14 pm Without Rice I thought we'd lose at Wolves. And against Leicester. Who knows what would have happened against Newcastle without defending of Billy Smart's proportions ?

So it's possible to get something if Chelsea have an off day, but my head says it will be bugger all.
The only chance of West Ham getting something from Chelsea IF one of Chelsea player got a red card in 1st half to get a draw.......and need 2 Chelsea players red card to get a win.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:14 pm Without Rice I thought we'd lose at Wolves. And against Leicester. Who knows what would have happened against Newcastle without defending of Billy Smart's proportions ?

Could go either way. I am sure Brighton thought they would probably not get anything either. Elimanate the mistakes we made last week we should be ok.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I don't want to sound negative,I can't see us getting anything tomorrow.

We are playing a top top team and we just have too many of our good players missing in important positions.

Chelsea have enough players to have 2 good teams,so it will be difficult.

We will give it a go,but I don't think it will be enough.

I so hope and pray I am totally wrong.

COYI's whufc_crest