Breakaway super League

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: Breakaway super League

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:50 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:20 pm Why are pundits and ex-players now saying you can't deduct points because it punishes the fans?
REALLY....no shit Sherlock.
Just like the Tevez saga that wasn't our fault.
Just like Rangers being kicked out of the Scottish leagues for tax irregularities. Was that the fans fault?
Just the large majority of punishments and penalties given to football clubs for malpractice or rule-breaking that AREN'T the fans fault.
Why are this lot suddenly different?
We all know the answer.

Beneath the surface of the establishment's outrage, the same grotesque imbalance remains.
FFS even fans of those 6 clubs are saying they should be punished.

I'm not writing this because i'm surprise or shocked btw. Just more confirmation of what we already know.
Rangers can't be used as an example because it's a different competition with, presumably, different rules.

Financial penalties are the obvious sanctions if the intention is to "punish" the owners. Finacial penalties would impact the balance sheets and therefore the personal wealth of individual owners. I think I'm right in saying the only time points have been deducted, apart from a Man United v Arsenal game many years back when there was a free for all on the pitch and the deductions had no impact on league placings, has been when clubs have entered into administration.

That's a different situation because the clubs affected were for all intents and purposes financial basket cases who shouldn't have been operating anyway imo.
Come on mate, i'm using Rangers as just one of SO many examples regardless of competition. You know what I mean.
This isn't a seminar on semantics is it?

Dig deep and you'll find plenty of examples throughout the history of the Premier League and the Champions League re: points, fines, transfer bans.
How about re-negotiation of T.V money where the 6 clubs receive less? That requires the votes of the 14 in what is essentially a shareholder meeting. Not a single rule has to be broken there does it?
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:37 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:50 pm

Rangers can't be used as an example because it's a different competition with, presumably, different rules.

Financial penalties are the obvious sanctions if the intention is to "punish" the owners. Finacial penalties would impact the balance sheets and therefore the personal wealth of individual owners. I think I'm right in saying the only time points have been deducted, apart from a Man United v Arsenal game many years back when there was a free for all on the pitch and the deductions had no impact on league placings, has been when clubs have entered into administration.

That's a different situation because the clubs affected were for all intents and purposes financial basket cases who shouldn't have been operating anyway imo.
Come on mate, i'm using Rangers as just one of SO many examples regardless of competition. You know what I mean.
This isn't a seminar on semantics is it?

Dig deep and you'll find plenty of examples throughout the history of the Premier League and the Champions League re: points, fines, transfer bans.
How about re-negotiation of T.V money where the 6 clubs receive less? That requires the votes of the 14 in what is essentially a shareholder meeting. Not a single rule has to be broken there does it?
Don't think there has ever been a points deduction in the PL apart from that Man U v Arsenal game. But why bother with re-negotiating the TV deal ? Why not simply impose financial penalties which would directly impact onto the personal wealth of the club owners.? Which I suspect is what you would probably like to see.

Big enough fines and the transfer embargo would effectively take care of itself wouldn't it ? You're right that if all 14 voted one way any resolution would pass. But I'd bet a lot of money on one or two breaking ranks as a result of some privately brokered deal in a back room somewhere. Wouldn't you ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

agree Veronica

but it should happen, there should not be them and us or should we all start taking the knee to recognise the injustice
of not being the greedy six

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Dagger wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:46 pm as a fan you reap the rewards of having greedy money sucking cunts at the top of your club that are rich beyond belief so when they over step you need to take the bad with the good

at best drop them down a divi or 20 points deducted this season and 20 points next season that should sting a little

and I wont cry for any other supporter as they didn't give a flying fuck about us when we were punished

WHU fuck the rest whufc_crest
Very good point mate...fuck knows we've had our share of poor to shit owners,and suffered as a consequence...
Making poor/bad decisions ...mistakes...bad judgement calls...shocking financial knowledge,creaming of the top..etc..
Let the Pig Six see what it's like to suffer cos of their actions.

Fans...........fuckers complain when they finish 2nd or 3rd or don't get a CL Quali.....wankers....Fans of these teams think they
have a divine right just as much as the owners...let em all sink together...

Cheats even nicked our...Fans Not Costumers Logo....cheeky fucks...thats copyrighted...... :lol:

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

That’s right the fans of these teams maybe Citeh aside are the most contemptible fucking bunch of cunts in England

Fuck em.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:46 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:43 pm

Bollocks. ;)
Indeed 😊
To think the rest of us are just fuckwits....ah well wouldn't be the first time..... :lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:43 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:35 pm

I am what I am Towie.I never believe that I am someone that I am not.I don`t pretend to be the most intelligent person on here and I am by far not that..I leave that to the likes of Whiskyman and HD. ;)
Bollocks. ;)
It all depends on which way you have interpreted it Whiskyman? :lol:

I meant you and HD are the brains on here..The rest of us are the Entertainment ,especially BB & Palerider,who are the Smith & Jones of Hammerschat. :lol:
Last edited by terrya1965 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Now where’s Tim and his popcorn munching gif when ya need it :lol:
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

ToneLoc wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:20 pm Why are pundits and ex-players now saying you can't deduct points because it punishes the fans?
Just like Rangers being kicked out of the Scottish leagues for tax irregularities. Was that the fans fault?
Just the large majority of punishments and penalties given to football clubs for malpractice or rule-breaking that AREN'T the fans fault.
We all know the answer.

Beneath the surface of the establishment's outrage, the same grotesque imbalance remains.

I'm not writing this because i'm surprise or shocked btw. Just more confirmation of what we already know.
And to me they have done a lot more wrong.The ultimate betrayal to the PL.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:41 pm
We all know the answer.

And to me they have done a lot more wrong.The ultimate betrayal to the PL.
Hang on a minute there was no betrayal of the PL. Your mixing up the EPL with UEFA who are actually different organisations/administrations.

The ESL was a new breakout of members from UEFA. There was no plan to leave domestic football.

Lets at least focus on what was being actioned not what else might have happened as a result.