Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Post by palerider »

Andy Carroll, Jack Wilshire and Phil Jones.

You know it makes sense.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Here we go, David Moyes confirms a striker is not a priority - of course not...

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Flairon wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:24 am So besides Nathan Ake on loan (possibly), who else do we seriously think the club will seek to bring in this coming transfer window.

A few names that have been banded about are:

Nikola Milenkovic - Fiorentina
Gleison Bremer - Torino
Daniele Rugani - Juventus
Andrea Belotti - Torino
Youssef En-Nesyri - Sevilla
Adam Hzolek - Sparta Prague
Julián Álvarez - River Plate

Tbh, i am not particularly familiar with any of these players, save that the mention on Talk Sport that Julián Álvarez. is the real deal and there are many European clubs that are interested in the 21 year old.

Any input into the attributes of these players and the probability of deals being done would be most welcome.
I appear to have forgotten Jesse Lingard. :lol:

And a few more I see:

Eden Hazard
Divock Origi
Joe Worral
Nat Phillips
Darwin Nunez
Lloyd Kelly
Jason Knight.

Fuck it, if they want I'm available.... shakeass
Flairon

palerider

Post by palerider »

Some Spanish paper says Real Madrid have rejected a 21m bid from us for Eden Hazard.

Or was it Eddie Izzard.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

At this point Moyes should just look to sign a winger to convert to a striker. Our best options in recent years has been Antonio and Arnautovic while good strikers "on paper" like Chicharito and Haller hasn't worked out (for us).

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

thomasswe wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:53 pm At this point Moyes should just look to sign a winger to convert to a striker. Our best options in recent years has been Antonio and Arnautovic while good strikers "on paper" like Chicharito and Haller hasn't worked out (for us).
There are none available haven’t you heard ?
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:31 pm
thomasswe wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:53 pm At this point Moyes should just look to sign a winger to convert to a striker. Our best options in recent years has been Antonio and Arnautovic while good strikers "on paper" like Chicharito and Haller hasn't worked out (for us).
Not that I’m an advocate but Traore at Wolves might fit that mould
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:37 pm

Don't think his scoring record marks him as a striker imo. Only scored 7 goals in over 100 games for Wolves.

Decent player though imo..
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:21 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:37 pm

Don't think his scoring record marks him as a striker imo. Only scored 7 goals in over 100 games for Wolves.

Decent player though imo..
Like you with Rudiger, I just used him as an example as we been linked with him before and he’s a strong, quick winger
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

Plenty available if we go down the usual WHU way of getting bodies in for the sake of it. Calleri is one that springs to mind :lol: , or Zaza and even Haller.

There are less available when the choice is between players the manager actually wants and that will fit into our system and ethos and share the attacking duty with Mickey.

But the video above is probably just another hook although I dont watch them so I cant say how accurate they are but I can guess.

Actually the constant videos are why the less intelligent fans get whipped up into a state of frenzy over players that we really were never linked with let alone trying to sign.

I remember when we signed Bowen, it all happened pretty quick as I think he was on the way to Palace and we nipped in and I dont remember Souček and Coufal being mentioned much before they signed.

Actually I agree with Thomas that players like Traore (built for physicality but have pace) are exactly the type of players we want and they are often playing out wide.

When he is playing well Antonio is a great striker, when he goes through a goal drought then apparently he isn't a striker. I dont remember Thierry Henry having this hassle when he had one of his very few droughts and he was a converted winger.