Leicester City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Leicester City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Hope this match we will perform more better and sharper. Hope to continue our good form against them as we seemed to score lots of goals against Leicester from 3-0, 3-2, 4-1 and hope to continue that trend. Question whether Moyes will put Benrahma or Lanzini with Lanzini perhaps the more edge than Benny as it was Lanzini who gave assist to Bowen to score against Watford. Hope Antonio will start scoring and hope he will be more fitter by then.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Dawson
Zouma
Cresswell

Ricey
Soucek

Bowen
Lanzini
Fornals

Antonio

Hope we can perform as we did there last season which was my top favourite match of the season 2020-21 to continue our challenges for top 4 to 6 this season.

COYI!!!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Pipe smurf

Leicester City vs West Ham United

Post by Pipe smurf »

Leicester 7-5-8
13 Feb, 4:30 pm
West Ham 12-4-8

A must win in the champions league race!!!
Last edited by Pipe smurf on Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newmarket

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Newmarket »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:34 am Hope this match we will perform more better and sharper. Hope to continue our good form against them as we seemed to score lots of goals against Leicester from 3-0, 3-2, 4-1 and hope to continue that trend. Question whether Moyes will put Benrahma or Lanzini with Lanzini perhaps the more edge than Benny as it was Lanzini who gave assist to Bowen to score against Watford. Hope Antonio will start scoring and hope he will be more fitter by then.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Dawson
Zouma
Cresswell

Ricey
Soucek

Bowen
Lanzini
Fornals

Antonio

Hope we can perform as we did there last season which was my top favourite match of the season 2020-21 to continue our challenges for top 4 to 6 this season.

Bravo Ibbs . So basically, a game of hope then ?
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Do we think DM will freshen the bench with a few youngsters or will the same faces be part and parcel.

I would be tempted to rest Coufal and play Johnson to energise that right side. I like the young mans endeavour.

And what can be done about Antonio. He has lost his juice and looks a bit dessicated. No matter, I'm sure he will do something that gets himself noticed.

I'm forecasting an away win...but it would be nice to actually play well while doing it...

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:10 pm Do we think DM will freshen the bench with a few youngsters or will the same faces be part and parcel.

I would be tempted to rest Coufal and play Johnson to energise that right side. I like the young mans endeavour.

And what can be done about Antonio. He has lost his juice and looks a bit dessicated. No matter, I'm sure he will do something that gets himself noticed.

I'm forecasting an away win...but it would be nice to actually play well while doing it...
What about playing Bowen down the middle and Antonio in Bowen position but you will have to stop caufal or Johnson bombing forward as Antoni and Bowen need to stay up to

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:10 pm Do we think DM will freshen the bench with a few youngsters or will the same faces be part and parcel.

I would be tempted to bet against seeing any kids on the bench sadly.
Only thing that can be done about Antonio is bench him but then what do we do? Bowen would undoubtedly put up top and then everyone’s favourite Ukrainian would prob get Bowen’s spot :roll:
COYI!!!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Bowen has played the striker role and failed.....play him in his preferred Position and give a youngster a start.

The team and the set up is predictable, and as someone said yesterday teams have got us sussed.....give an unknown a chance invariably it confuses the opposition.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:23 pm Bowen has played the striker role and failed.....play him in his preferred Position and give a youngster a start.

The team and the set up is predictable, and as someone said yesterday teams have got us sussed.....give an unknown a chance invariably it confuses the opposition.
That would be my thought process. Add some unpredictability to the mix. Might be the catalyst for something new and interesting.
DM is resistant to altering his framework and changing the personnel unless injury forces. That's where the system bogs down.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:46 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:34 am Hope this match we will perform more better and sharper. Hope to continue our good form against them as we seemed to score lots of goals against Leicester from 3-0, 3-2, 4-1 and hope to continue that trend. Question whether Moyes will put Benrahma or Lanzini with Lanzini perhaps the more edge than Benny as it was Lanzini who gave assist to Bowen to score against Watford. Hope Antonio will start scoring and hope he will be more fitter by then.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Dawson
Zouma
Cresswell

Ricey
Soucek

Bowen
Lanzini
Fornals

Antonio

Bravo Ibbs . So basically, a game of hope then ?
Always a hope to win
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:49 pm

I would be tempted to bet against seeing any kids on the bench sadly.
Only thing that can be done about Antonio is bench him but then what do we do? Bowen would undoubtedly put up top and then everyone’s favourite Ukrainian would prob get Bowen’s spot :roll:
Not sure we want to see everyones favourite Ukrainian and Bowen is best left where he flourishes most. Which leaves things a bit thin.

Burnley were forced to act quickly and brought in Wout Weghors from Wolfsberg who pundits believe is an upgrade on Chris Wood. Considering West Ham's current fixture commitments somebody like Weghors would have allowed some rotation.

And whilst acknowledging how much everyone loves Antonio, I'm not even convinced that finding someone better to play in his position, would be that taxing or challenging. DM sees things with a different understanding and uses different value systems to the rest of us,which is why he's the big cheese.

I'm convinced he will eventually be forced to blood the kids and then we will finally find out whats what. And if he doesn't I suppose the same conclusion applies.