Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: Moyes rumour and.....

Post by garnett »

Morning,
I'm assuming the bloke employs a representative to look after his affairs and I'm not talking about JL, surely if his "stock " is so good there would be no need to sign on, he certainly won't be going "upstairs".

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

problem i see with the current speculation, is how it affects the team for the rest of the season. It seems fairly clear unless we have a major up tick in the league or do something special in europe , moyes isnt staying past the end of the season.
how does that affect the players, are they thinking well if he's offski i'll just fanny about until he's gone? not much to be motivated about if he's being told he's got no future.
either get rid now or back him (whether you still hoof him at the end of the season can be decided later) but this middle ground of uncertainty cant be good for moral surely.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:47 pm problem i see with the current speculation, is how it affects the team for the rest of the season. It seems fairly clear unless we have a major up tick in the league or do something special in europe , moyes isnt staying past the end of the season.
how does that affect the players, are they thinking well if he's offski i'll just fanny about until he's gone? not much to be motivated about if he's being told he's got no future.
either get rid now or back him (whether you still hoof him at the end of the season can be decided later) but this middle ground of uncertainty cant be good for moral surely.
It is the way these clowns do things though. But i agree, the common policy for them, as they have done with previous managerial contracts was wait till EOS on the last year of the contact. No real need to publicise anything else as the lack of a renewal at this time is normal. It serves no positive purpose
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:01 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:47 pm problem i see with the current speculation, is how it affects the team for the rest of the season. It seems fairly clear unless we have a major up tick in the league or do something special in europe , moyes isnt staying past the end of the season.
It is the way these clowns do things though. But i agree, the common policy for them, as they have done with previous managerial contracts was wait till EOS on the last year of the contact. No real need to publicise anything else as the lack of a renewal at this time is normal. It serves no positive purpose
On the contrary. It gives the players a bit of light at the end of the very dark tunnel.
I don’t doubt Moyes’ imminent departure was instrumental in Bowen signing his new contract and hopefully it will encourage Mubama to stick around as well .

All the bench fodder that Moyes has ostracised get a clean slate from whatever unfortunate succeeds this hopeless medieval purveyor of all things boring and defensive.

The Cunt.
Bring back Jonathon !

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:03 pm

On the contrary. It gives the players a bit of light at the end of the very dark tunnel.
I don’t doubt Moyes’ imminent departure was instrumental in Bowen signing his new contract and hopefully it will encourage Mubama to stick around as well .

All the bench fodder that Moyes has ostracised get a clean slate from whatever unfortunate succeeds this hopeless medieval purveyor of all things boring and defensive.

The Cunt. succinct and to the point NM :D

JayK

Post by JayK »

The Cunt.
On the flip side of your Bowen comment, I’m pretty sure Moyes is the reason Fornals ISN’T signing a new contract. With that in mind, I can’t see there were assurances with regards Moyes staying or going.
COYI!!!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

The Cunt.
Being the proverbial cynic I don't for one minute think that Bowen signed a new long term, financially beneficial contract to show his intention to stay at West Ham either with or without Moyes there.
With a long term contract in place his sale price is greatly inflated from what his value was before signing.
Financially rewarding to both the board and his agent.
For Bowen he's happy he's doubled his wages.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in the summer with both the board and agent wringing their hands with glee

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:54 pm

The Cunt.
Being the proverbial cynic I don't for one minute think that Bowen signed a new long term, financially beneficial contract to show his intention to stay at West Ham either with or without Moyes there.
With a long term contract in place his sale price is greatly inflated from what his value was before signing.
Financially rewarding to both the board and his agent.
For Bowen he's happy he's doubled his wages.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in the summer with both the board and agent wringing their hands with glee
Thank christ someone understands that a long term contract doesn't mean a player has committed himself to the club forever. It suits everyone and, if we fail to qualify for Europe next season, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Bowen starts to get itchy feet. The same goes for Alvarez and Kudus. And as you say if that happens at lkeast the club can demand a sensibkle fee for their services.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

back him or sack him now...

doing neither is weak and spineless.

Im not seeing ANY progress at all from last seasons debacle, even with the significant investment in some very highly regarded players .

No blame on the Boardroom on this one . Mr Moyes has been handed handsome sums .

He has senior players in his squad that should have been replaced at least one season ago..in some cases two.
a growing list of players that are sidelined and unhappy for reasons we will never know...but Mr Moyes is the man in charge...and its his responsibility .

RED BULL MODEL MY HAIRY ARSE I SAY...HE SHOULD BE GONE FOR THAT LIE ALONE

OR YOU CAN BELIEVE THIS MAN WAS OUR SAVIOUR? .
.a genius ,who alongside the most expensively assembled squad in the competition masterminded his way to european glory .
how long do you suck him off for exactly?...eternity?

EITHER WAY...SACK HIM OR BACK HIM

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

normannomates wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:16 am back him or sack him now...

doing neither is weak and spineless.
But weak and spineless is the dwarf's default position isn't it?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?