Bournemouth vs West Ham Opening Day Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: Bournemouth vs West Ham Opening Day Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

Clayton wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:47 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:34 pm Very similar team to the one we played and lost to, relegated Leicester last game of the season. We just need to be patient until the news boys adjust to the PL, ....so expect to see them around Xmas time if Moyes is still here.
New Boys ?
Am I missing something ........ :D

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

I would give the bench to Antonio until we need him. Think Mubama has more between his ears, and either would work. IMO. Besides Antonio would much prefer to be counting his money elsewhere
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:35 pm
Clayton wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:31 pm

I'm more worried about who's going to stop the goals at the other end :cry: . , the way our midfield is so easily bypassed .
forgot about cornetto and mypablo.....albeit neither will probably see more than 15 mins per match. Actually think cornetto might have some goals in him.
make you right regards midfield especially against the top 18 teams :D
Surprised, and tbh a tad disappointed, Fornals is still with us. Thought he would have wanted to try to get his career back on track away from the shit show, Absolute waste of talent him being here imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:55 pm

forgot about cornetto and mypablo.....albeit neither will probably see more than 15 mins per match. Actually think cornetto might have some goals in him.
Surprised, and tbh a tad disappointed, Fornals is still with us. Thought he would have wanted to try to get his career back on track away from the shit show, Absolute waste of talent him being here imo.
I agree Whisky, there was some Spanish team interested in him, managed by Pellegrini but it all went quiet. Seems such a waste a talent like his sat on the bench week in week out, knowing that you whatever you do will not get you in the starting lineup, just because you were not bought In by the manager and will only be used as a last resort, fucking criminal.
I'd expect if Moyes brought in JWP, McFuckitup or a n other his chances will diminish even more, as much as I like Fornals he will always get a raw deal under Moyes and has to move on.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:19 pm

I agree Whisky, there was some Spanish team interested in him, managed by Pellegrini but it all went quiet. Seems such a waste a talent like his sat on the bench week in week out, knowing that you whatever you do will not get you in the starting lineup, just because you were not bought In by the manager and will only be used as a last resort, fucking criminal.
I'd expect if Moyes brought in JWP, McFuckitup or a n other his chances will diminish even more, as much as I like Fornals he will always get a raw deal under Moyes and has to move on.
Nd there is the problem. Fornals is a far superior player to JWP so why on earth are we prepared to spunk close to 30 mill on him ? Exactly the same situation with Diop imo. Sold him for half the price we paid for Aguerd and got a player who, at least imo, isn’t as good.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:56 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:19 pm

Nd there is the problem. Fornals is a far superior player to JWP so why on earth are we prepared to spunk close to 30 mill on him ? Exactly the same situation with Diop imo. Sold him for half the price we paid for Aguerd and got a player who, at least imo, isn’t as good.
wholeheartedly agree re mypablo (TM :D ) slightly disagree with Aguerd. I think there is a good player there. Not his finest 1st season blighted by injury but he's quick and i think reads the game well and has good passing ability. Bit like paquetta i think we might see a better player this season, albeit it looks like he's going to be a busy boy.
On another subject would defo take maguire, again think he has been poorly treated at utd and in reality is more our level than theirs. I just dont think he wants to come (cant blame him as he knows its going to be grind this season).
finally how about a striker? havent been linked with any recently im aware of......4 days and counting :o

grandad

Post by grandad »

Im in bournmouth this coming weekend if you hear on any pubs showing it live let me know please
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

At least Pablo will get a start now in his best position , being as it looks like the Pacman is off to City , oh wait Moyes is still at the head of the serpent , and JWP will be the fuhrer's main man .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:27 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:56 pm

wholeheartedly agree re mypablo (TM :D ) slightly disagree with Aguerd. I think there is a good player there. Not his finest 1st season blighted by injury but he's quick and i think reads the game well and has good passing ability. Bit like paquetta i think we might see a better player this season, albeit it looks like he's going to be a busy boy.
On another subject would defo take maguire, again think he has been poorly treated at utd and in reality is more our level than theirs. I just dont think he wants to come (cant blame him as he knows its going to be grind this season).
finally how about a striker? havent been linked with any recently im aware of......4 days and counting :o
Aguerd is good on the ball, has a good turn of pace and his passing ismore than adequate. But imo defensively he is an accident waiting to happen. Someone, think it was on this forum, suggested using him as a DM and, tbh, I thought that was something well worth considering. There is a player in there but I just don't think he is central defence material.

We will have to agree to disagree on the Maguire issue I'm afraid. Apart from my reservations of him as a footballer some of the reported comments he has made over the years suggest he is an egocentric character with an over exaggerated sense of his own ability. And at his age any money spent on him will not be recioverable when it all ends in tears and we want to get rid.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:58 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:27 am

Aguerd is good on the ball, has a good turn of pace and his passing ismore than adequate. But imo defensively he is an accident waiting to happen. Someone, think it was on this forum, suggested using him as a DM and, tbh, I thought that was something well worth considering. There is a player in there but I just don't think he is central defence material.

We will have to agree to disagree on the Maguire issue I'm afraid. Apart from my reservations of him as a footballer some of the reported comments he has made over the years suggest he is an egocentric character with an over exaggerated sense of his own ability. And at his age any money spent on him will not be recioverable when it all ends in tears and we want to get rid.
looks like its too late whiskey! slabhead is amongst us :) ....might be good for a headed goal or 2. Is he an improvement on either of our CB's? probably no worse.