Transfer Window

Chat about anything football related here!
normannomates

Re: Transfer Window

Post by normannomates »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:40 am Looks like there might be at least two very unhappy bunnies on the training ground tomorrow.
dear Moysie.
I get low and I get high
And if I can't get either, I really try.
ive got the wings of Heaven on my shoes
I'm a dancin' man and I just can't lose
You know it's alright, it's okay
I'll live to see another day

x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:47 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:34 pm

The owner? I thought transfer dealings were now the responsibility of Herr Steidten. The podcast mentions failings in our “due diligence” process and surely this is down to the D of F?

Talking to the wrong agent suggests things are still very much like the proverbial Fred Karno’s circus. Holen Sie Ihren Finger heraus Timothy old chap. :lol:
Surely the last word on all transfers comes from the owners, who have historically fucked up many transfers in the past due to mainly incompetence ......the likes of Steidten could work his butt off to prepare deals only for the man at the top or maybe his yes boy to scupper the deal....
Of course. But Steidten would, we assume, be the bloke making initial contact with negotiations and so on. After all he was, probably quite correctly, given credit for landing Alvarez and Kudus. So I don't think it is unreasonable to assume it is him who fucked up over the bloke who was supposed to have been our main transfer target.

Of course the dwarf signs off, or not, on the deal but again shouldn't we assume that, despite the fact it is West Ham we're talking about, Steidten is working to some kind of budget and doesn't have to run to the dwarf every time a decision n eeds to be made.

If that's not the case I don't think we can expect him to hang around the gaff too long.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

benny/fornals both staying i read this morning. Think they will be happy campers at training...probs not.
however, if they remain professional they could still play a factor in our season...personally i wouldnt if its us thats fucked up.
shambles.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:51 am benny/fornals both staying i read this morning. Think they will be happy campers at training...probs not.
however, if they remain professional they could still play a factor in our season...personally i wouldnt if its us thats fucked up.
shambles.
Fornals looked mightily pissed off when the cameras picked him out after the game last night.

Assuming Steidten is in charge of the transfer dealings he has made a god awful fuck up of this window.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:10 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:51 am benny/fornals both staying i read this morning. Think they will be happy campers at training...probs not.
shambles.
Fornals looked mightily pissed off when the cameras picked him out after the game last night.

Assuming Steidten is in charge of the transfer dealings he has made a god awful fuck up of this window.
is he the guy finding us a new saviour?.. i mean he has credit in the bank for kudos and alzarez big time but this does look like a bollock dropped.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

shambles.

Assuming that's the case , but is he in charge ? , we also heard Moyes has the final say , after all it's his team :roll: , plus Sullivan is still our Lord and Master .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:53 am

Assuming that's the case , but is he in charge ? , we also heard Moyes has the final say , after all it's his team :roll: , plus Sullivan is still our Lord and Master .
The dwarf obviously has the ultimate say because he signs the cheques. I am given to understand Steidten is the bloke who sources potential recruits and is responsible for negotiations. I have no reason to doubt that info because, if we think about it logically, he will be working to a budget set by our beloved lord and master. One assumes before negotiations begin in earnest Moyes Ok's the player and Steidten does the biz with the figures.

From what I hear the lad from the Danish league was somneone everyone wanted and the fact we were talking, apparently, to the wrong agent is, in administrative terms, almost as big a cock up as the Omoyinmi fiasco years back. I would imagine that is also down to Steidten as he seems to be the bloke dealing with players and their agents during negotiations which, according to all parties, were going along reasonably well until the Danish F A informed thye club we were dealing with the wrong agent.

In any job always make sure you're dealing with the decision maker. Clearly we weren't.e

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Agreed Clayton, Steiden is employed to find the future talent, Alvrez and Kudos were great signings. .....but did Moyes like them ...... there was tension between the two, that was well documented. ........Moyes obviously didn't want Kudos, using his usual excuse that he was not ready, yet, he was fully fit and was able to play for Ajax in both the league and Europe scoring 4 goals and 1 assist in 3 games, He was the only signing in the summer I got mildly excited about. In my opinion a player in good form, training with the team and raring to go, But oh no......he managed only 6 substitute appearances, for a total of 95 mins playing time. In fairness every time he came on, from his first game, that was a cameo of a total of 1 min he looked class.So one would have to ask, why? I have my suspicions but the noshers wont like it.... :D
Yet JWP, and now Phillips get to play before the ink has even dried on the contract and will continue to even when their form drops off ... becuse they are 100% Moyes choices.
My suspicion is that Moyes implied that you can buy who you want, but I wont play them....as history has proved

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:15 pm

Agreed Clayton, Steiden is employed to find the future talent, Alvrez and Kudos were great signings. .....but did Moyes like them ...... there was tension between the two, that was well documented. ........Moyes obviously didn't want Kudos, using his usual excuse that he was not ready, yet, he was fully fit and was able to play for Ajax in both the league and Europe scoring 4 goals and 1 assist in 3 games, He was the only signing in the summer I got mildly excited about. In my opinion a player in good form, training with the team and raring to go, But oh no......he managed only 6 substitute appearances, for a total of 95 mins playing time. In fairness every time he came on, from his first game, that was a cameo of a total of 1 min he looked class.So one would have to ask, why? I have my suspicions but the noshers wont like it.... :D
Yet JWP, and now Phillips get to play before the ink has even dried on the contract and will continue to even when their form drops off ... becuse they are 100% Moyes choices.
My suspicion is that Moyes implied that you can buy who you want, but I wont play them....as history has proved
When their form drops off ? , going to probably upset a few here , but what exactly has JWP brought to the team ? , as for Phillips I have never seen the appeal and he is supposedly good enough to put on the England jersey , under Southgate which I suppose tells us something .

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Clayton wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:27 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:15 pm

When their form drops off ? , going to probably upset a few here , but what exactly has JWP brought to the team ? , as for Phillips I have never seen the appeal and he is supposedly good enough to put on the England jersey , under Southgate which I suppose tells us something .
Said with tongue in cheek Clay.......Lingard is a prime example....absolute shit second half of his loan....but never dropped from the starting lineup, same can be said about Soucek......and don't get me started on Ings.....30 + games without goal.......but he was brought on last night to change the game ffs....surely that had Bournemouth quaking in their boots. Does Moyes not realise that somewhere there is a problem?