Fulham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Fulham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our 2nd half excellent performance, hope our players will recover well for this game. Hope Areola will be back but not sure if he will be ready for this game after injured his wrist. Fabianski did well against Spuds. Hope we will perform the WHOLE match as we did 2nd half against Spuds and need to keep defending sharp to cut down opposition goals and hope to achieve a clean sheet. Fulham is no pushover after they won 2-0 last time out and almost won against bin-dipper so they will be high in confident BUT we MUST NOT be bullied by them and don't let them have a lot of possession and not to be in back-foot all match. Paqueta MUST do better and stop being a liability as he still putting too much pressure on Emerson so that need to be train on.

Squad:

Fabianski/Areola

Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Emerson

Alvarez
JWP

Kudus
Soucek
Paqueta

Bowen

Hope it will be a good match and continue our good form against Fulham NO SLOW START AND NO PUSH-OVER.

COYI!!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

tassiehammer

Re: Fulham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by tassiehammer »

I reckon Fabs done enough to keep his spot. Even though the woodwork saved him from a top effort from Zoumma :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

JayK

Post by JayK »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:32 pm Following our 2nd half excellent performance, hope our players will recover well for this game. Hope Areola will be back but not sure if he will be ready for this game after injured his wrist. Fabianski did well against Spuds. Hope we will perform the WHOLE match as we did 2nd half against Spuds and need to keep defending sharp to cut down opposition goals and hope to achieve a clean sheet. Fulham is no pushover after they won 2-0 last time out and almost won against bin-dipper so they will be high in confident BUT we MUST NOT be bullied by them and don't let them have a lot of possession and not to be in back-foot all match. Paqueta MUST do better and stop being a liability as he still putting too much pressure on Emerson so that need to be train on.

Squad:

Fabianski/Areola

Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Emerson

Alvarez
JWP

Kudus
Soucek
Paqueta

Bowen

Hope it will be a good match and continue our good form against Fulham NO SLOW START AND NO PUSH-OVER.

I’d just like to point out Fulham won 5-0 at home to Forest last time out, not 2-0. I think your lineup is pretty concrete with regards Moyes selections
COYI!!!

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

JayK wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:31 am
Ibbyham wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:32 pm Following our 2nd half excellent performance, hope our players will recover well for this game. Hope Areola will be back but not sure if he will be ready for this game after injured his wrist. Fabianski did well against Spuds. Hope we will perform the WHOLE match as we did 2nd half against Spuds and need to keep defending sharp to cut down opposition goals and hope to achieve a clean sheet. Fulham is no pushover after they won 2-0 last time out and almost won against bin-dipper so they will be high in confident BUT we MUST NOT be bullied by them and don't let them have a lot of possession and not to be in back-foot all match. Paqueta MUST do better and stop being a liability as he still putting too much pressure on Emerson so that need to be train on.

Squad:

Fabianski/Areola

Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Emerson

Alvarez
JWP

Kudus
Soucek
Paqueta

Bowen

I’d just like to point out Fulham won 5-0 at home to Forest last time out, not 2-0. I think your lineup is pretty concrete with regards Moyes selections
That's the idea of squad rotation ;) :D

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Never saw the Spurs result coming so quite happy to be the voice of doom again and say that Sunday will be a lot harder. Fulham are a better coached team than Spurs and they look to be in a bit of form. Unlucky at Anfield and destroyed Forest. I'm expecting a bit of the "After The Lord Mayor's Show" mullarkey tbh.

And a few players need a break. Newcastle have done a Moyes and played pretty much the same team in their last 2 or 3 games and last night got destroyed by Everton. Can't really afford to rotate too much against Freiburg if we want to avoid those extra 2 games so we may see a few changes on Sunday.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:03 am Never saw the Spurs result coming so quite happy to be the voice of doom again and say that Sunday will be a lot harder. Fulham are a better coached team than Spurs and they look to be in a bit of form. Unlucky at Anfield and destroyed Forest. I'm expecting a bit of the "After The Lord Mayor's Show" mullarkey tbh.

And a few players need a break. Newcastle have done a Moyes and played pretty much the same team in their last 2 or 3 games and last night got destroyed by Everton. Can't really afford to rotate too much against Freiburg if we want to avoid those extra 2 games so we may see a few changes on Sunday.
Agree with all of this . I’m hoping for a similar outcome as the corresponding fixture last year yet expecting a similar approach too .
Shame there’s no Flynn Downes .
Bring back Jonathon !

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:03 am Never saw the Spurs result coming so quite happy to be the voice of doom again and say that Sunday will be a lot harder. Fulham are a better coached team than Spurs and they look to be in a bit of form. Unlucky at Anfield and destroyed Forest. I'm expecting a bit of the "After The Lord Mayor's Show" mullarkey tbh.

personally would drop paquetta and bring in either pablo or benny or divan. He looked fucked last night (or maybe just lack of effort 1st half anyway). Kudos is growing on me, seems to make at least 1 thing happen every game. JWP who actually assisted humself last night) blows hot and cold for me, but would give him an A for effort, he kept runnig all night. As you say thursday is huge.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:50 am JWP (who actually assisted himself last night)...
At the risk of looking like an idiot, is that right? I can't tell if you are joking... :?

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:57 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:50 am JWP (who actually assisted himself last night)...
At the risk of looking like an idiot, is that right? I can't tell if you are joking... :?
well does wacking against the post and knocking in the rebound count as an assist? :D :D he's got to keep them stats up you know Oz!

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:57 am
He hit the post on purpose so he could get an "assist" and then scored to get the goal.
And you told everyone on here on another thread that we're slow down here in Tassie.