Our Next Manager?

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Our Next Manager?

Post by Whiskyman »

One of the two names that are being bounced around as our possible next manager is the bloke whose team face Liverpool tonight. Blokes name is Alex Blessin. I know the square root of fuck all about the bloke but apparently he’s highly regarded. And, although I didn’t hear it from him at the time, Gary ofClaret & Booze threw his name into one of his podcasts a while back.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Re: Our Next Manager?

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:54 pm One of the two names that are being bounced around as our possible next manager is the bloke whose team face Liverpool tonight. Blokes name is Alex Blessin. I know the square root of fuck all about the bloke but apparently he’s highly regarded. And, although I didn’t hear it from him at the time, Gary ofClaret & Booze threw his name into one of his podcasts a while back.
A blessin in disguise?
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

"but apparently he’s highly regarded."

arent they all ?....

i hear both Ten Hagen Daz and The Angel Postecoglou will be available soon...

deanox

Post by deanox »

What about Eden Terzic, he knows the club and is doing a good job in Dortmund?
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

deanox wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:21 pm What about Eden Terzic, he knows the club and is doing a good job in Dortmund?
He knows the club... that probably doesn’t work in our favour!

(PS - pick a joker)

deanox

Post by deanox »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:54 am
deanox wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:21 pm What about Eden Terzic, he knows the club and is doing a good job in Dortmund?
He knows the club... that probably doesn’t work in our favour!

(PS - pick a joker)
No wonder I'm shit this year :?
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

A couple of friends out in Germany reckon the press out there seem to think Terzic is someone who is in the frame. And, apparently because of their relatively poor league form, he is coming under a bit of pressure despite getting through to the last 16 of the CL.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whoever comes in and whenever it is I don’t think an appointment such as the aforementioned Terzic or Slot , Ferreira etc would be able to change the identity of this club overnight inheriting an ageing squad that have been ground down by Moyesball these last few years .

IMO it would make sense to continue for a while with a pragmatic head coach but this time one that we all know has a plan B and a plan C and isn’t afraid to share around the game time .
As much as I’d like to see a Michael Carrick have a crack it will make more sense to get a Mourinho or Mancini .
I also like Will Still . Sullivan will Never go for it but he’s the low block king in Ligue Un only has a plan B when required .
Something our current cunt can’t be accused of.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:22 pm Whoever comes in and whenever it is I don’t think an appointment such as the aforementioned Terzic or Slot , Ferreira etc would be able to change the identity of this club overnight inheriting an ageing squad that have been ground down by Moyesball these last few years .

IMO it would make sense to continue for a while with a pragmatic head coach but this time one that we all know has a plan B and a plan C and isn’t afraid to share around the game time .
As much as I’d like to see a Michael Carrick have a crack it will make more sense to get a Mourinho or Mancini .
I also like Will Still . Sullivan will Never go for it but he’s the low block king in Ligue Un only has a plan B when required .
If you want pragmatic yet flexible I give yoiu Rob Edwards cureently managing Luton. Played a very expansive game at Forest Green and won promotion. Went to Watford and didn't last long enough to be judged there, no surprise there, and shortly after ended up at Luton where he won promotion with one of the smallest budgets in the division and has adopted a pragmatic style now Luton are in the PL. Imo they are at the moment doing the best of the 3 promoted teams, low bar I admit, and ahven't really been embarassed in any of their games so far. A manager of the future I believe.

Comes across well in pressers as well. Mourinho or Mancini would both be decent shouts but could you see either of the putting up with the dwarf stcking his great bugle in where it's neither wanted nor needed? Carrick is a no no for me because I hate the "jobs for the old boys" mentality unless there is a track record to justify it and Carrick still has his L plates on imo. If an appointment is being made in the summer I'd be happy enough if it ended up as Terzic. I know absolutely sod all abouit Alex Blessin who is another name that has cropped up. Will Still is someone who I doubt any of our fans would want if he hadn't outed himself as a West Ham, fan.

I suppose it also depends on whether it will be Steidten or the dwarf who drives the next appointment. Hopefully the former because I think we can all agree he probably has a far better knowledge of the game than stumpy, But if it is Sullivan who will have final say then please be aware that Steve Bruce is currently out of work and, presumably, available.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:25 am
Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:22 pm Whoever comes in and whenever it is I don’t think an appointment such as the aforementioned Terzic or Slot , Ferreira etc would be able to change the identity of this club overnight inheriting an ageing squad that have been ground down by Moyesball these last few years .

If you want pragmatic yet flexible I give yoiu Rob Edwards cureently managing Luton. Played a very expansive game at Forest Green and won promotion. Went to Watford and didn't last long enough to be judged there, no surprise there, and shortly after ended up at Luton where he won promotion with one of the smallest budgets in the division and has adopted a pragmatic style now Luton are in the PL. Imo they are at the moment doing the best of the 3 promoted teams, low bar I admit, and ahven't really been embarassed in any of their games so far. A manager of the future I believe.

Comes across well in pressers as well. Mourinho or Mancini would both be decent shouts but could you see either of the putting up with the dwarf stcking his great bugle in where it's neither wanted nor needed? Carrick is a no no for me because I hate the "jobs for the old boys" mentality unless there is a track record to justify it and Carrick still has his L plates on imo. If an appointment is being made in the summer I'd be happy enough if it ended up as Terzic. I know absolutely sod all abouit Alex Blessin who is another name that has cropped up. Will Still is someone who I doubt any of our fans would want if he hadn't outed himself as a West Ham, fan.

I suppose it also depends on whether it will be Steidten or the dwarf who drives the next appointment. Hopefully the former because I think we can all agree he probably has a far better knowledge of the game than stumpy, But if it is Sullivan who will have final say then please be aware that Steve Bruce is currently out of work and, presumably, available.
Can’t disagree with any of that , particularly the Dwarfenism at the end .
Tbh I know little of the Luton boss so I take your local knowledge on board . I’ll have to watch a few Luton games for myself .
I just don’t believe that last Thursday evening is in any way a sign of any kind that Moyes is suddenly going to change his approach after all these years and the turnover in the squad required to make any form of so-called progressive football a nigh on impossibility in the time any new young manager would be given .
So I think your opening sentence says it all . Pragmatic but flexible.
Steidten may know a few . Sullivan definitely won’t and neither would he be open to the suggestion.

In fact I can see the pair of them falling out over this with Herr Steidten finally hearing the Pfennig drop.
Bring back Jonathon !