Liverpool vs West Ham League Cup Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
tassiehammer

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by tassiehammer »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:40 am
normannomates wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:08 am
easy to give it large 30 million miles away .....
If that’s considered giving it large, you probably won’t want to head 30 million miles in this direction! :lol:
Norms our cuzzie bro Oz. :D :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

normannomates wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:18 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:52 am

Exactly how I feel about the Mickey Mouse. I'd like to see us win every trophy we compete in but at the end of every game I'm more downbeat if we underperform in a league game. I can shrug off the cups. A good day out for the fans if getting to a final but as a guide to a club's standing in the hierarchy they mean squat these days.
whiskeybreath
you, i assume you are in transition?...why are you calling the League Cup the Mickey Mouse Cup?

youre a confused bod...

no shame in it..there are a couple of oddmarks that think im unhinged too.... .there is help out there breath..

I can be your mentor if you like?
Always called the fucking thing the Mickey Mouse and always will. Why ? Because for most clubs it's a pain in the arse which just adds unwanted games to an already fairly full lixture list. And because, certainly in the earlier stages, teams, even the lower league clubs, thend to throw in squad players and kids I don't see it as a competition that has any real merit tbh.

Get to the final and it's a good day out for the fans with their mates. But giving a European place to the winners of a competition which you can win by winning only 3 or 4 games against opposition of assorted standards is just plain wrong imo.

Hope that answers your question. I know a lot of people like the competition , it'a all about opinions, but I just think it's a waste of everyone's time.

That said I want us to win the competition because I support West Ham and want to see them win every match they play. But if we do happen to pick up the pot I can say with hand on heart that I will not get as much pleasure from winning the Mickey Mouse than I did watching the Under 18s take the Youth Cup last season.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:48 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:40 am

If that’s considered giving it large, you probably won’t want to head 30 million miles in this direction! :lol:
Norms our cuzzie bro Oz. :D :D
Apparently :lol:

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

apparently illness has spread again through the team. Might not be at our strongest tonight.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

brookingslovechild wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:33 pm apparently illness has spread again through the team. Might not be at our strongest tonight.
Lucky we’ve got depth.

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:39 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:33 pm apparently illness has spread again through the team. Might not be at our strongest tonight.
Lucky we’ve got depth.
:lol:
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

No matter what team we put out,Liverpool will get their usual controversial decision against us,at Anfield.

I'm going for the Salah dive in the penalty area with Aguerd being a yard away. :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

Apparently we’re hit with sickness again with Aguerd and Cornet affected. Also read there’s no var tonight. Fuck knows how true any of that is but just putting it out there
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:27 pm No matter what team we put out,Liverpool will get their usual controversial decision against us,at Anfield.

I'm going for the Salah dive in the penalty area with Aguerd being a yard away. :lol:
:roll:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:30 pm Apparently we’re hit with sickness again with Aguerd and Cornet affected. Also read there’s no var tonight. Fuck knows how true any of that is but just putting it out there
I don't think VAR is used in any Mickey Mouse games. Possibly because maybe the technology isn't available at most of the lower league clubs. If that's the case I guess the F A Cup doesn't have it either.

Should please Terry with his LiVARpool conspiracy theories. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?